Office move- forcing my maternity early!

smudge11221

Mother of 1. 1st Tri :)XX
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Got a bit of a funny question to ask.

I was orginally due to go on my Maternity on 30 April this year, I intended to take a full year, then at the ned, get my holidays which occured, paid for.

Anyway, we have had a lot of staff changes recently and i have just discovered that as of 30th Jan this year, our office is due to move a further 40 miles away, which would make me endure a 3 hour commute from home and over 600 miles a week driving.

I know i wont be able to do this. Although i have tried to speak to my Manager about staying at another office temporarily, this is a no go. Long story short i feel forced on my maternity early. I can not leave until 28th Feb (11 weeks prior) and have to give 28 days notice of the amendment to my maternity start date. I will have to take my full 6 weeks hols before my maternity and suffer later.

I obviously didnt want to do this, i am totally fine working at the moment, but feel that i can not do this, my wage is not brilliant and i wont actually be bringing much home after fuel, car bills etc. Just a shame we will miss out on potential holiday pay towards the end.

Anyway, just after a bit of support, i appreciate that my work can do this and i am not being discriminated against. Do you know if it is possible to get my MAT1B form earlier than 24 weeks?

Thanks everyone!

My office is moving and the new building is really cramped and has no where I can rest or elevate my feet (high bp issues). My doc has said even without the bp she'd have been prepared to sign me off for the rest of the pregnancy as she doesn't see it as a suitable working environment. Maybe worth seeing your GP and getting a few weeks sick note then going onto maternity instead?

Thanks Dianah93, i know they dont mean to. But especially in your case, its hard not to feel discriminated against.

Yes, i will make an appointment to see the doctor, however, i am not too sure what they will say as there is nothing up with me (at the moment). But i will see.

Thank you and good luck with your situation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->