Official August Mummies Club!!

Hey girls,

Tillymum ((((((((hugs))))))) . I'm so so sorry you had such a scare - I really hope that baby stays put for a long while yet.

To all the ladies that are sick, I hear ya! I had ketones in my urine at the MW yesterday, and she put it down to my being sick and not getting the proper nutrition. :(

My GTT came back negative :happydance: but it looks like I am measuring way ahead of dates :eek: - like 4 weeks!! I hope it's just lots of fluid and not a big baby!!!

:hugs: oh tillymum i am sooo sorry you went through that - not nice at all, glad ur home and crvix is shut, stay in little bubba we dont want to meet u just yet pls.

Pippin - hope the horrible a level marking was not too tedious and that u feel better

Vicci - that is not nice i used to not make it to the bathroom in first tri so annoying and made u worse having to clear it up. at least ur not working and being sick there!?

Kaygeebee - did they give u anything for your sickness if its showing ktones in ur urine?? wow 4 weeks ahead?? yes i agree i hope its all fluid - i am measuring 2 weeks behind, but u can never tell i may even have a bigger baby than you!!!

AuntyE - i love ur clothes i didnt know you made them :dance: thats so amazing and must be so satisfying!! i would love the pattern to give it a try!?! I would really love to make something for my LO.

Cleckner - yes I agree its odd that there is too groups feels divided.....but like you said not long now until we are all together again :hugs: was it like this from 1st tri to 2nd?? I missed that transfer as I never ventured into 1st tri forums - too scary and too sad for me :cry:

Well ladies I have been hit my the sickness too :hissy: DF cooked me a lovely meal last night all from scratch - a carbonara - it was lovely, i dunno if LO found it too ricj but i had severe vomiting an hr or so later - it hurt!!! eurgh!! i feel rubbish this morning too like i am hungover :cry:

I too get that pain in my ribs and its on my left side and in the back of my ribs terrible when driving and atm i am driving sooo much as i drive to uni but still only 2 weeks and 2 days left of that :wohoo: then I can finally relax a little!!

When is everyone stopping working for those who work??? do you think the end of June is too soon? I may not have a choice as I am on a contract, i kinda want to just stop then and enjoy some relaxation time before baby is born and catch up with friends as i live so far away from everyone, but my head tells me that i will regret it when LO is born so if work offer I should just work til end of July I mean I should still have 4 weeks to go and relax before LO arrives hey??

Gabs - glad ur ok!!! I will text you a bit later as I dont wanna wake u up at 3am or
something silly xxxx

:hugs: to everyone hope you have a lovely wednesday and that the :sick: holds off!

The pattern I've been using is this one by Simplicity

https://www.habithat.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/9905

Although I tend to ignore some of the instructions and make up bits myself. I have tons of haberdashery kicking around from when I made costumes and wedding dresses, so I'm a big fan of bias binding, especially on little things where hems can look messy. And I have an overlocker, so never bother casing seams, I just overlock them instead. The pattern suggest you use a zip for the back fastener, but either velcro or poppers (like I've used) or snap tape seems like a much better idea for something a baby will be wearing.

Might have to break out a new pattern tonight, although the romper one is so easy to make, and so darn satisfying when it's done.

Hi girls!!

Having it a bit rough here :( After being up since 4:45am and being stupidly dizzy I phoned my MW who told me I must go to the docs! Went along and turns out i have an inner ear infection, vertigo and blood pressure back up again (145/92). Was told by cons that if my BP goes over 140/90 that i'm to be admitted. She let me go off to my sisters for a cuppa before returning with a urine sample and to have my BP done again by the MW. Thankfully it had dropped to 135/85 so i was allowed home with my own BP machine which i have to do once or twice a day! Then to top it off, I explained about my hip/bum/pubic bone pain and she did a few movement tests and thinks I have SPD - now being referred to the physio!!

Good news being that she has signed me off for a further 6 weeks which takes me to my A/L and then mat leave so thats me done work and that LO is doing very well and i'm measuring at 28 weeks :)

Just want to feel a little bit normal again :(

Gabrielle and ckc - good to see you both back and to hear you're doing well :)

Aunty E - wow, they are fab, you have been busy! I'm bad, anything that is being made is being made by my mum :)

kaygeebee and jai jai - seem this sickness is really hitting us August mummies hard. Hope you both feel better soon xx

awww Vici sorry you are so unwell hope u get better soon!! glad ur bp dropped and u didnt get admitted! i have that SDP - mw is monitoring it until 28wk appt then see what we gonna do then, prob physio too :cry: its so painful isn't it???

I am so tired and in lots of pain this eve so off to bed now :hugs: niiiight all xx

Sorry you're feeling so pants too hun :( Couldn't believe it, phoned the physio and they have me in at 9:30 on Friday!!

So quiet over here, think i may have to go to 3rd soon as there just seems to be no one about :(

Hey girls.

Vici, I'm so sorry you're having more problems! :( Hope the ear infection clears quickly, that you get some relief from the physio and that the BP stays down!

Jai_Jai, sorry you're feeling sick too honey. No, I wasn't given anything for the sickness - she just told me that I am 'one of the unlucky ones'! Baby seems to be doing fine though.

Aunty E, your clothes are gorgeous!

Well, I have to endure another day of work :( I'm taking annual leave from 32 weeks and then mat leave from 36 weeks, so only 6 weeks left after this one. I was given an action plan yesterday of things I have to get done before I leave! It's long, and there's more on it than if I was staying!!

:hugs: Vici I know what you mean its like ghost town here!!! gosh we are gonna be like the only preggo ones left when it comes to August!!! glad ur physio was so prompt hope mine is too - i have pains all in my shoulders - tingly burning excrutiating pain and it hurts to drive :cry: not fair!!

Kaygeebee - thats so helpful 'unlucky' :grr: oh well at least its all in a good cause!! work always make u feel bad and give u loads to do, i am lucky here there so understanding!!

oooooh 6 weeks left!! so thats like the end of June then too??

:cry: :cry: ppl keep telling me I am huge/massive or saying things like - my gos ur so big u sure its only one? or wow u are going to be sooo huge by the time you pop!!! :cry: thats hard to hear and i have suffered with anorexia my whole adult life on and off and this is so hard for me to see me grow and put on so much weight as it is I have gone from an 8 to a 12 really and ppl telling me I am massive just adds to the hardship of it all - I am too scared to post a bump pic now :cry: why are ppl so rude? why cant they jst say ooh u have a nice bump - ESPECIALLY those who have HAD babies - you would think that they would know how it felt and that its the last thing you want to hear!!! :grr:

my rant for the day!! ;)

Thanks for your kind words, totally don't feel out of the woods yet, also I had a good few hrs of continuous BH last night and was paranoid it was all starting off again as they told me to watch out for further hardening, But luckily it settled down again in the middle of the night and I had no pain this time so I can relax a bit now. DH and I were just watching bump harden and you could totally make out babys shape as it went lopsided!

Also my bump is really uncomfortable, One theory is my baby is low and because i'm small put on no weight and am "all baby" that baby might be aggravating my uterus/ ligaments when moving and causing the discomfort. I just want to get back to normal again like a few weeks ago!!:hissy:

Sorry to hear alot of you are ill with ms, high bp and other things ..... I think we can safely say the honeymoon 2nd tri period is over!

When are you ladies moving over to 3rd tri? My official due date is the 22nd so I might move over soon

Hey i've just noticed my ticker is gone, and looks like everyone else's are gone too!!!

:hugs: tillymum!! hope ur ok, it must be scary!! just stay positive!!! xxxx and bubs u stay put pls xxx

yeh i noticed that too - the website must be up the creek today!!!

I think we should all move over soon. Offically most of us are in 3rd tri now and those who aren't will be any day now :D

Tillymum - glad things settled down a bit last night! Keep an eye on it hun (know you will) and if you have to go to hospital just go!!

Jai_jai - try not to worry about other people. EVERYONE is soooo different and you cannot compare 1 person to anyone else! Not long left now :D

kaygeebee - hope those 6 weeks go fast for you hun. If you find the workload getting too much, you really will just have to speak to them :)

I've had another rough day - not feeling so bad but didn't feel LO last night or this morning. Felt a little kick at about 11 but then nothing else. Called the MW who said to go straight to the surgery. DF took me down, she had a listen and get the HB straight away. Listened for about 2 mins as she wanted to hear kicking but nothing for a while. Then all of a sudden, the biggest kick ever - so big, it moved the doppler, :rofl: Bloody typical, little monkey!!

Hey girls

Tillymum: you poor pet I'm so sorry that you are going through this, fingers crossed for you that your cervix stays closed and LO stays put for another few weeks at least.

Cleckner: Sorry to hear you are sick again.

Viki: Sorry also that you are so sick and having hassle with BP and SPD, I'm really glad they didn't admint you.

Waiting4baby: Hope you get some answers from the doc about the numbness.

Gaby: Good luck with moving and I'm glad you are doing well these days and haven't had any more scares.

Aunty E: The baby suits are adorable you are very talented.

CKC: Love the new avatar and bump pic you look fab.

Kaygeebee: Sorry to hear you are sick again too and that was mean of work to give you such a work load before finishing.

Pippin: Glad to hear you are well darling.

Jai Jai: Hard to know what to do about work, if you are feeling fine it might make the time go quicker to work July, but if your not feeling the best it would probably be better to finish the end of June and relax.

Well girls is anyone having any trouble with their feet, mine dont really look visible swollen but most of my shoes are a little tight and they feel like I have walked miles in stilletos with the pain of them from the time I get up to the time I go to bed and I haven't a clue whether it is pregnancy related or arthritis related from the extra weight.

Any body else having this trouble??

Well I'm officially off to 3rd Tri tomorrow - He He I think we should all move so as we will be all back together, it is not nice being split up.

My feet get sore pretty quickly and they've been a little swollen on and off. I figured it was the joints relaxing in them combined with the extra weight that was making them so painful. I've been trying to wear my trainers (YUK) more.

Yeah think I will start wearing my trainers at the weekend but unfortunately wont be able to wear them to work, although I am only in flats for work, still think the trainers might give me a big more support. Although I dont even have a tracksuit so what I'm gonna wear them with I dont know :rofl:

Hi ladies, so much to catch up on and still tired so excuse the short posts for now. Vici I think all of us moving is a great idea we'll all be there within 10 days anyway, I feel we are the last few stragglers.

As for bump ache and feet ache I hear you!! I now walk a lot slower (normally I'm a marcher despite being normally quite large) and come 2pm I just want to sit and rest the bump. I don't feel massive yet but I can certainly feel a difference and I have now officially put on a stone and 2 lbs, which is 4 lbs in one week!!!!

Hmmm..boy am I dense or what? :dohh: I am an August mummy too and just realized I haven't "officially" joined up! Haha OOPS!! I guess I need the August mummys blinking and the due date graphic with the belly and yellow flower too! How do I go about getting that? Or who do I talk to? :blush: :blush: Its amazing that I can remember to get dressed everyday! :rofl:

By the way..gotta share..just 99 days left for me! :happydance:

yay :yipee: Kimbers you have joined finally i did wonder where u were hiding :D you need to speak to shadow rat about the graphics!!!!!! :hugs: so good to see you here :hugs:

Hi ladies, :hugs: to all those ladies that are struggling with sickness, SPd, sore feet etc etc I hope it improves soon xx

Today is teh first day I feel really pregnant - everyone is also calling me massive - so you are not alone Jai Jai. And i am positive that I am not massive for 6 months pregnant. I think people say it because they think we will like it! I also have heartburn proper for the first time - it is so bad (and this is tmi - sorry) everynow and again I sick up a bit of acid!! It's really gross!

My feet also swelled up for the first time today!! i shouldn't moan - I have had an easy pregnancy so far!!

I only hvae 1 week left at wprk - eek!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->