Official August Mummies Club!!

I'm booked in for antenatal starting on 6th July for 3 weeks x

I had to go into the Maternity unit in hosp yesterday as the cramping didnt stop and coming every 5 mins, plus my bump hardens with every cramp and is very uncomfortable .... along with a dull back pain.

Doctor checked my cervix and its still high and closed so doesnt look like pre term labour. They did swabs to check for infection, but will have to wait till tues for results. She wanted to keep me in for 24 hrs observation but there were no beds so I came home as I live nearby, the other option was to be transferred to another hospital miles away!!. I still feel crap today though they have given me co codamol for pain. Baby is moving and hb is fine which is reassuring. I will see how it goes today and have to go back in if it worsens or im worried. It could just be baby is in an awkward position, its head is very low down and im finding it a bit uncomfortable to walk.

Very weepy today :cry:. Why cant I just have an uneventful pregnancy :hissy:

We were supposed to go away for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary but canceled as baby is more important, but stupid hotel wont refund. and DH is in a right strop!

I think Ill just crawl back into bed for the day :cry:

:hugs: tillymum I'm so sorry you are having a crappy time. have a good cry as that makes me feel better most of the time. Keep those feet up and watch rubbish tele. The cramps will stop soon I hope :hug:

I have a little good news I'M 99 DAYS TODAY!!! :yipee: Can't believe I'm here already and almost in third tri. :shock: I have scrubbed the house to celebrate and now I'm feeling a little better.

Little one is very quiet today hardly any movement but I've checked hb and it's fine. I wish they moved once an hour on the dot so we know they are ok. Either they move constantly or not at all, anyone else find this??

Tilly... braxton hicks are kinda scary... I never had them before this pregnancy... just rest and drink lots of water... I actually found that they went away quicker when I laid on my left side for a few hours... and after hours of contracting it is like your bump is really sore....(it did have a pretty good work out :lol:) hope they stop and you feel better soon... :hugs: maybe you just over did yesterday....

Pippin... congrats on double digits...:yipee:

Had to drop in and check on all you girls.... :hi:

It's very quiet in here now w are split in half. I keep popping in to third tri but feel a bit to 'young' at the moment to post regularly. Hope you are all well over there. x

Awwww Pip, I can't wait till you "graduate" honey!!! You can post in there ANY time, though, I'm sure :D

It REALLY is quiet in here now, isn't it?? You late August mummies have a job to do, keeping this thread on the first forum page!! I found it nearly on the THIRD page just now!!! *shakes head* tut tut, ladies...

Hehehehehe :winkwink: just kiddin' :D Really, you are all welcome to pop over to third any time, we miss you late August ladies!

:hugs:
Shadow xxxxxx

Hi girls.

Tillymum, I hope you are feeling a little better now honey.
Pippin - congrats on 99 days!! :happydance:

I've been in tears practically all evening since getting back from a weekend away! We went to a wedding. The bride is due the same day as me - but I felt huge in comparison, and had to spend most of the day sitting down because of my ugly swolen feet and ankles :( I couldn't even get my trainers on this morning and had to resort to an emergency pair of ballet pumps I bought that are a size bigger. :(

Then, when we got home our builders had been working on the bathroom and nursery all weekend. There was a huge pile of crap outside the front door, and the bathroom (which currently has just a sink, and the only toilet in the house in there) was SUCH a mess!!! :-( They had replastered three of the four walls, and had got plaster everywhere. They had also got plaster all over the toilet seat as they hadn't even shut the lid!!!!! They know this is the only toilet and I have to use it! I desparatley needed the loo after a 5 hour car journey and had to clean it before I could sit on it!

Tonight the whole thing is just getting me down. I can't go and sit in the bath to chill out, and I have no idea when the bathroom will be finished. At themoment I feel like we are living on a building site, and sometimes it just gets to be too much to deal with!

Anyway, enough of my moaning! I had my GTT on Friday and it wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined. Fingers crossed the results are good too. x

Loo, I'm going to NCT antenatal in July, but haven't heard anything on NHS classes yet. Must remember to ask my midwife about them and the HIP grant on Tuesday!

Morning my lovely mums to be :D Sorry i've been so quiet over the weekend, had a manic one, but was lovely to have everyone over for Shauns BBQ :D I coped pretty well on Saturday but OMG did I feel it yesterday, soooooo exhausted.
Well my mat leave is booked to start on 28th July (plus i have 4 1/2 weeks holiday booked beofre that) but after speaking to the MW i'm to go back to the docs on Thursday (when this sick note runs out) to get another. Hoping they just give me one to last till I can finish work. I always feel a fraud going down just to get a sick note as they know whats wrong with me and I still see the MW every week!!

Aunty E - how did your turf laying go? I can't wait till Shaun has finished our pond so we can get our turf done :D

Pippin - yay for double digits to you hun, so exciting :D

Shiv - i know it is sooooo quiet! Don't really want to go over get so we really must all try our hardest to keep this thread up :D

Tillymum - so sorry to hear you are having such a tough time, I worry about BH as i have conception of what they are going to be like!! :( :hugs: How you doing now? xx

Kaygeebee - seems you're having it tough too hun. Sorry you felt sooo crap at the wedding :( And yuck at those horrid builders :hissy: How much longer do you have them in for? I'll try and remind you to ask your MW re antenatal and HIP lol :D

O and 1 more thing!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:99 days to go!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

hi girls hope all is well time 4 me to move to 3 rd tri so thanks and ill see you all soon xxxx

Turf down and looks lovely, although being bent over for a couple of hours meant that I had some pretty serous vision disturbance for an hour! Who knew! My midwife said it was perfectly normal and not to worry. I then decided to do some slightly less strenuous activity and made a few baby rompers as my patterns finally arrived on Friday :) What do you think? I adore them, but I love vintagey baby stuff. They have poppers in the crotch, elasticated legs and poppers down the back. The blue floral one has a ladybird button on the front too, but that picture didn't come out :dohh:

Baby would wear a vest underneath them, but I was quite anal about overlocking, so they should all wash in the machine in a delicates bag. Am going to try a couple of dresses tonight as I have some left over raw silk.

https://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f225/AuntyE/Babyclothes003.jpg

https://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f225/AuntyE/Babyclothes001.jpg

https://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f225/AuntyE/Babyclothes002.jpg

https://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f225/AuntyE/Babyclothes006.jpg

Awwww Aunty E, they look gorgeous!! Sooooo cute! :)

Sorry you are still feeling rotten Vici, but you need to look after yourself and baby first - work can wait! Congratulations on 99 days!! :happydance: not long until 3rd tri now.....

I'm off work today as I'm soooooo shattered - probably the weekend catching up with me. I woke up feeling really sick and had awful MS, so I've spent the morning in bed. I'm now going to spend the afternoon in front of the telly, trying to chill out!

Aw, Aunty E, they are so cute! My mum bought me one of those, just exactly like the top one but mostly white with blue trim, with a matching bib and hat - I thought I'd put baby in it for when he leaves hospital, if it's not too massive on him. It's definitely old-fashioned but I think it's adorable, and perfect for a hot summer, being very thin cotton.

Everyone else - I agree with Shadow, looking forward to seeing you all in third! Not long now for any of you! :D

Hello everyone sorry I have been MIA for so long, I have just moved house and finishing University and everything is so so manic atm. I think it must be something in the air as I feel sick and tired today and have so much to do but no motivation to do it :cry: aaaaah soooo annoying!!!

Vici - hope you get signed off until u are able to got on hols/mat leave, i know it must feel a bit blah to have to keep going back but dont feel like a fraud its just them following the 'rules' and happy double digits :cake:

Leo - congrats on 3rd tri, see you over there soon!

AuntyE- glad turf is down, must be a relief and I love the baby clothes they are the cutest little things ever :dance:

Kaygeebee - sorry yppur feeling poo - a good old relaxing day might ust be what you need, I am glad ur listening to your body and taking a rest!! wish i had time to do the same :rofl: hope u feel better soon :hugs:

Pippin - how u doing? congrats on double digits too - not long for u now and u will have left for 3rd tri too :wohoo:

You know your suppose to roll out of bed etc etc well I am pretty good at it but my muscles have still separated hugely and i have a slight bulge between my ribs.....anyone else notice this separation bulge thingy?? I do hope my tummy goes back flat eventually!!!

Sorry girls I know I have been missing in action again this week but it has been a busy one again.

Update on the dad situtation - he has had his operation and will have a long road to recovery, the reason he had turned yellow was that the cyst in his pancreas has doubled in size and was blocking the bile ducts to his liver. They have got most of the cyst out and have attached the rest of it to his intestines so as it can drain here perminantly, they also took out his galbladder as this was extremely inflamed and would have put extra pressure on his liver and more than likely caused sclerosis in the next few years and they also did something with the bile ducts but I'm not quite sure what. So it has been a stressfull week while he was going through this but he seems to be over the worst, it will take a lot of time before he is properly recovered - but at least he is on the way - He is not at our local hospital as the operation was so extensive (he was in theatre for 5 hours) and is in the national hospital in Dublin which is about 2 hours away from us so we travelled up at the weekend and spent the weekend there. It was a bit of a shock as he had a lot of tubes still in but he was in good spirits so that was good.

On some good notes that also kept us busy - we started our anti natal classes last week and we also went for our 3/4 D scan, on Friday it was another 1.5 hr drive away from us but it was so worth it. I am so in love with this baby now. I will post pics as soon as I get them scanned in.

Tillymum - It is such a small world I can't believe you worked in wexford. I have been reading your posts and really hope you are feeling better and that your LO is doing well, make sure and keep us up to date.

MT Rose - The name letters are so cute.

Viki, Leo and Kaygeebee - I'm so sorry you are all feeling so sick, I hope you are all feeling better soon.

Loo - Contgrats on 3rd Tri - regarding the anti natal classes we started our last wed evening - it was 2 hours and for the next 3 weeks we go in 2 nights for an hour, last week was just an introduction so we new most of the stuff.

Aunty E - I know how you feel I had a mmc last year with 3 months break in between so I feel like I have been pregnant since June of last year and am so impatient to meet my LO at this stage, lets hope 3rd tri goes by quick.

Pippin - I will also join you on the tiredness, I feel more tired this week than I did in 1st tri, hope your feelin better soon.

Waiting4Baby - Best of luck with the driving, dont worry about the animals, they wont even remember by now.

Elly - Glad you got to hear the heartbeat again.

Shiv - Ah that is lovely about your best friend being pregnant, I have fingers crossed for her, just think your LO's can grow up together.

Kaygeebee - Sorry to hear your feet are so swollen, mine have been extremely sore, but not too swollen thank god, but I have found that raising them up in the evening when I am watching tele seems to help for the next day.

Jai Jai - Congrats on the big move and finishing university, you must be exhausted.

Congrats to all you who have reached double figures - I also got there this week.

Shadow, Cleckner, MJ and Smith - Thanks for dropping by to us, miss you all lots but we will be all over soon.

Well I think I have wrote enough. I'm gonna get scanning now to get these 3D pics up.

Here are the pics from the 3/4 D scan - I have to say it was out of this world.

We also got a DVD and it showed baby sticking out its tongue, moving around, and even chewing, it was just amazing and so worth the money to see DH eyes sparkle the way the did. We also got to bring both of our mams who were amazed as they didn't even have 2D scans when they had their pregnancies.

I am so in love with this LO now. :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

My favourite pic is the one with the hand in it.

3D scan 150909  no 2.jpg 3D scan 150909.jpg 3D scan 150909  no 3.jpg

Jelr- I have a strong feeling about your baby's gender after seeing those pictures! It'll be neat to see if I'm right.

awww jelr i am pleased that ur Dads op went ok and those pics are just amazing :wohoo: bubs is sooooo adorable :cloud9:

Congrats Vici and Jai_Jai on being 99 days today!! :happydance: :wohoo:

Little one is having a party today it's cheered me right up feeling him after a very shitty day marking A level work!

Hugs to all you lovely ladies, to tired to right a long one to you all..... I thought we were supposed to be full of beans in second tri, actually thinking about it we only have less than a week till third tri EEEK!!! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->