Official August Mummies Club!!

Shadow I like the name Vincent! Your right about it being a good strong name. I think a baby needs a name that you can picture them having as a grown man or woman. And while he's young he can be your little Vincey. :happydance:

Hey girls. Yes Shadow give us the name! Ours will be Emma Sophia for a girl and Ethan Anderson for a boy. Pippin I love Samuel. I'm a bit biased though because my name is Samantha. :muaha:

Oh my goodness about Gabrielle. I haven't gotten to that thread yet I'll go read it now.

Awwww :D More gorgeous name choices Cleckner!! My OH wanted "Emma" for a girl, but I know two really horrible girls called Emma unfortunately, so it was a bit ruined for me :( But it is a lovely name :D
And I love Ethan, too! You know, the film Gattaca was on TV the other day, and Ethan Hawke is in that, playing a character called Vincent! Both wonderful names, I'm thinking, eh? :winkwink: Your name is Samantha, Cleck? That's lovely too! :D I was keen on that one if we were having a girl!! My name is Naomi by the way guys :D
Pips, what's yours?? \\:D/

xx

Shadow I like the name Vincent! Your right about it being a good strong name. I think a baby needs a name that you can picture them having as a grown man or woman. And while he's young he can be your little Vincey. :happydance:

:happydance: Yay! Thanks! :D

I might be a bit cheesy but I got the name Emma from the Friends episode when Rachel gives birth and uses it for her daughter. haha! I used to love the name when I was younger but had pretty much forgot about it until seeing that episode with my last pregnancy. :rofl: And I've just always loved the name Ethan.

Shadow, I couldn't tell my DH what your real name is because he always has the same joke about how Naomi spelled backwards is 'I moan'. :dohh: Anytime he even hears the name he says the same thing. :nope:

I might be a bit cheesy but I got the name Emma from the Friends episode when Rachel gives birth and uses it for her daughter. haha! I used to love the name when I was younger but had pretty much forgot about it until seeing that episode with my last pregnancy. :rofl: And I've just always loved the name Ethan.

Shadow, I couldn't tell my DH what your real name is because he always has the same joke about how Naomi spelled backwards is 'I moan'. :dohh: Anytime he even hears the name he says the same thing. :nope:

LOL oh yes, I know that one only too well! I thought I was so clever when I noticed it when I was younger lol... My oldest brother calls me "Moaner" or "moany" sometimes :rofl: My old email address had imoan in it LOL

Oh, and I think of Friends when I hear that name too, but that's ok!! I'm watching friends right now hehe! I think Emma is a lovely name :D

:rofl: I guess men are immature no matter what country they come from huh?! :rofl::rofl:

Hey I go off line to talk to my Mum and you guys have a right old chin wag!!

I love the name Vincent it's different and so many variations which is why we liked Rosa. How will they get picked on???? Lots of choice for Bubs later on in life. Great choice. And I love the names Emma Sophia, Sophia is one of my choices buy DH doesn't like it, and Ethan, unusual but traditional too I like that. I like a few wacky names but then I think they will get tired very quickly so we've kept it fairly traditional.

Yes it'll be Baby Mills Shadow and my first name is Aimee (French spelling of Amy) I really wanted to give baby a french name or spelling but can't find anything I like apart from Amelie but it's too close to mine.

Hurrah for our fab name choices :happydance:

Hehehe yes it is really more fun in here when we are on at the same time so we can chat back and forth!! The others will have a fit at how many pages we've got through when they come online! Hehehe...

I totally agree about Vincent and Rosa having lots of variations, that's one of the main attractons to the name Vincent for me :) Rosa could be Rosie or Rose (my OH's daughter is Finlay Rose) or she could even use Charlotte in some way if she chose to huh? And Vince could be Vinnie-Lee if he wants, but I think I will mainly use Vince for short because I love it :) (Little Vinnie when he is still tiny though!)
Ahhh I think I remember you telling me you were called Aimee now :) I love french names, they have some really lovely names, but some are totally whacky! I like Fabienne, but I just don't think it would work for an English kid! My mum lives in France, we're hoping to teach Vince French as early as possible (I speak it sort-of fairly!)

Ooooh guys I can't believe you have your scans tomorrow!! We will hopefully know what combination of little Rosas/Emmas/Ethans/Samuels you'll be having!! Hehe!!

xx

Oh I know it Shadow! I am having panics that the baby won't cooperate though. I've built myself up to this day from waiting so long! And I keep thinking with my luck the baby will have it's legs tightly closed. :hissy: Even if that does happen, I am just going to pay to go somewhere else and get another look. This will be my last scan with the actual doctors office so anything else I'll have to pay for.

I just noticed August mummies are lacking in the post count compared to September mummies!! They must have much more talkative women in there. :dohh:

Yea, that's tough that it's the last scan they give you as standard. It's the same over here mostly, but I'm so lucky to be able to see my little boy again in two weeks!! AND I got that sneaky little look at him with the heart scan, that was so cool hehe!!

I hope both of your little bundles of joy cooperate tomorrow :D
Right now I am trying in vain to find the perfect bedding set for Vince's nursery... We've done the walls in a deep blue, with adorable and colourful little space ships and aliens and planets stuck around, and I spent aaaaages the other day painting hundreds of teeny little glow in the dark "stars" (just little dots all around) on the walls. We don't want bedding that is too blue, as the walls are so blue already it would be overwhelming! But I'd like some small continuation of the spacey theme really, maybe just teeny litte stars on a nice light coloured bedding, or cute little aliens would be so cool... If you guys happen to know of any cool online stores to buy that kind of stuff, I'd love to check them out! I've looked at all of the ones mentioned on the thread in here already, and nothing met my high standards yet!!

x

I just noticed August mummies are lacking in the post count compared to September mummies!! They must have much more talkative women in there. :dohh:

LOL I saw that the other day, we must be catching up tonight though eh?! I don't know how many members September has, but you're right I think, they are a talkative bunch!!

:( Ugh, poor Gabs huh?? Dilated at all is not a good thing :( I sure hope they can do something for her...

Yea, that's tough that it's the last scan they give you as standard. It's the same over here mostly, but I'm so lucky to be able to see my little boy again in two weeks!! AND I got that sneaky little look at him with the heart scan, that was so cool hehe!!

I hope both of your little bundles of joy cooperate tomorrow :D
Right now I am trying in vain to find the perfect bedding set for Vince's nursery... We've done the walls in a deep blue, with adorable and colourful little space ships and aliens and planets stuck around, and I spent aaaaages the other day painting hundreds of teeny little glow in the dark "stars" (just little dots all around) on the walls. We don't want bedding that is too blue, as the walls are so blue already it would be overwhelming! But I'd like some small continuation of the spacey theme really, maybe just teeny litte stars on a nice light coloured bedding, or cute little aliens would be so cool... If you guys happen to know of any cool online stores to buy that kind of stuff, I'd love to check them out! I've looked at all of the ones mentioned on the thread in here already, and nothing met my high standards yet!!

x
Ooo you'll have to post pictures when you have it finished. Sounds like you are getting elaborate with the painting! I am sticking to simple things for ours. Obviously I don't know what colors I'll be going with yet but I have definately been looking at everything online! :happydance:

Have you thought of sewing your own stuff with stars or aliens? I probably couldn't do it myself but I know alot of women on here seem to get pretty creative about sewing their own things.

:( Ugh, poor Gabs huh?? Dilated at all is not a good thing :( I sure hope they can do something for her...

I was just going to mention that. Is there any way to reverse it? I really have no clue about these things. I feel so awful about it all. I keep checking to see if there are more updates. :cry:

I was just going to mention that. Is there any way to reverse it? I really have no clue about these things. I feel so awful about it all. I keep checking to see if there are more updates. :cry:

I'm not sure :( I'd think there would be some kind of drugs they could try to reverse it. Maybe as a last resort they could somehow keep her in hospital for a few weeks if they need to, somehow keeping that little one in there (??) I'm really not sure... I hope they can do something :cry:

I'm really scared for her and I have sympathy stomach pains!!!! I think it's just wind but it's there.

re the number of posts we just say more in each one!!! :dohh: August Mummies are just more choosey about what they want to say :rofl:

I can't wait to start our nursery. It's already painted white (did it last year) and it has one purple wall. I've started painting the pictures to go in it based on our honeymoon to Africa two years ago, I'm the head of art at a girls school in London. It's going to be lots of colour on the walls and bedding by mostly white. I can't wait to do the rest but my cot is at my Mums and it needs to come here to London before i can do anything else. Check out my ink in my signature to see the animal pictures.

Awwww that will be lovely Pips :D (You don't mind me calling you Pips do you?!) Those animal pics are really cute... I'm thinking that I will get a load of lovely materials and sew my own bedding now, good idea Cleckner :) We're going to get started on that sort of thing this week I think.

Ok, I know it is earlier in the states, but Pippin you really should be in bed now, ready for tomorrow's excitement!! I'm off to bed myself :sleep:

Nite ladies, chat tomorrow I'm sure; isn't there something important happening tomorrow? Hmmm... :winkwink:

Shadow xxx

If only the time could go faster on my side of the world. It is still only 5:45 PM here. But I am off because the DH wants the computer.

I think the plan for Gabrielle was to put a stitch through her cervix to keep it closed if she dilated at all. I think drugs can stop contractions, but can't undilate her cervix. But I haven't read her main post (I don't go in to the main pregnancy forums cos they worry me too much!!) so I could be wrong....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->