Official August Mummies Club!!

heya girls :) hope u all had a good day.
sorry to hear u had to go to the dentist MJ, i hate thm bloody places :(
N cleck im sure ur still sexy with ur stretchmarks :) so wear them swimsuits with pride lol

I went for my ante natal today, and come out enroled onto a course which will qualify me to teach people sex education :p
Wat a productive day i had lol

Hope to speak to u guys later

xxxxx

N cleck im sure ur still sexy with ur stretchmarks :) so wear them swimsuits with pride lol

I went for my ante natal today, and come out enroled onto a course which will qualify me to teach people sex education :p

xxxxx

:rofl::rofl: I would love to be in your sex-ed class Georgie. :rofl:

Pippin, I feel a variety of movements but nothing I can identify as what baby might actually be doing. OK, some are little pokes and prods, which I guess are a hand, a foot, an elbow or a knee, but others are that weird tickling/vibrating feeling, like you very low down. Wish I knew what it was... I assume it's feet doing something but maybe not - wee one was breech 2 weeks ago but he could have moved into 20 different positions since then.

Some days I feel very little still. Thanks very much, anterior placenta.

Ahh just glad you have felt them too *phew*. Didn't want little one in distress in there or anything. I can clearly fell what's it's doing which is cool. I like the rolling the least as it's like going on a fairground ride and having a pound of baby rolling is quite a lot really! But I wouldn't stop it for the world. x

xxxxx

You do realise i now have an exscuse to carry condoms and cucumbers in my bag at all times.
U never know wen u need to whip it out n instruct :p

:p:p

You do realise i now have an exscuse to carry condoms and cucumbers in my bag at all times.

:rofl::rofl: Wait, I shouldn't be carrying condoms and cucumbers around in my bag?? I thought everyone did that! :rofl::rofl:

Hi ladies, you are a chatty bunch!! Always lots to catch up on when I logon!! Who needs a good book when I have you guys!!

Well I went back to work today after a long Easter break - which was actually pretty productive. I brought my first maternity clothes (does anyone else struggle to find anything they like in shops - if teh shops even have any maternity clothes!!), we also painted the nursery - a nice sunny yellow colour as well as re -designing the garden (only postage stamp sized so not too much of a job!).

Pippin in have been feeling lot sof vibrating type movements as well as kicks etc - who knows what they get up to in there!

Cleckner - I too am suffering from stretch marks - but on my boobs! bless them they have suffered, I was an A cup up until I got preggers and I went up to a D cup in the first 3 weeks after I got my BFP!! SO I think they are still in shock and are protesting by displaying stretch marks!! I love having a cleavage though!!

On theboob theme - have any of you girls got maternity bras? I went to get fitted and they are all horrendous - like parachutes!! and tehy don't really fit under any of my clothes as they seem to come up to practically right under my chin!! If anyone knows of some pretty ones then i would be thrilled to hear!!

I have my scan on Saturday ( nearly 22 weeks so a bit late), but we are staying team yellow. I find that for the few weeks before a scan I start panicking that they won't be able to find a heartbeat etc - anyone else feel like this!!

Woah, so I now think I am competing with Shadow on the length of post count! i hope your scan went well Shadow and that Vincent was a good poser!!

Please excuse my spelling btw - shocking!!

I shall look forward to some happy reading tonight!!

PS my husband has just cooked lemon chicken couscous - yum!

Well girls ... just checking in ... I didn't get a chance to log on yesterday :(.. it was a crazy busy day.. congrats ton the blue and pink bumps... it is so fun to hear when everyone finds out...

And welcome to the new girls... our group just keeps expanding... :)

Cleckner... mine has been acting up from time to time...I think the bnb site must get really busy or something...

xxxxx

:rofl: this is hilarious!!!!!! :rofl:

I don't think I could keep a straight face teaching people about the birds and bees.... I think I would have troubles with giggling... :lol:

I didn't get maternity bras, I just went to my usual shop (Bravissimo) explained that I was pregnant, got re-fitted and bought 4 new bras.

As for maternity clothes, don't even get me started. Big stores with no maternity sections ... seriously?! My local M&S doesn't have any maternity clothes at all, apparently they are online ... great but I like to feel the clothes before I buy them. Grrr.

I spent a fantastically exciting afternoon (not) crunching numbers to see if I should go back to work full time or part time. Nursery fees are ridiculous and we're just trying to find a way to make it work out so that we don't need to pay any more than we need to. A full time place is £200 a week, and I'd be finishing work at 2:30 so what's the point in paying for a whole afternoon and only using an hour? At the moment it's looking like I'll be working 32 hours a week instead of 37, but I need to talk to my boss when I go back and suss out the options. If I can work it like that then all the better because at least I'll get some time with the baby every afternoon. :baby:

What's everyone else doing when the time comes?

Well my situation is a bit different as I am being made redundant at the end of May, so I won't have a job to go back to!! I am ok withit - I have know that the time will come for 3 years now, as we have been closing down (I work for a big pharmaceutical company). It has worked out well - I actually get full maternity pay on top of redundancy money so I shoudl be able to survive for a couple of years if I want to be off owrk for that long!! SO my plan is to see how it goes and then I will have to apply for jobs either a) when we run out of money or B) if I decide that I would like to work part/full time!!

I do worry that I will find it hard to get a job after a while out but what can you do?!?!?

lemon chicken couscous. oh god. *drools*

It is yummy - with baby tomatoes and pine nuts - please don't anyone tell me i shouldn't be eating pine nuts!!

oh man, even better. eat up your pine nuts, I would scoff the whole plate (am starving after having no lunch because of dentist and subsequent numb mouth!)

ava, I am so with you on the maternity clothes thing. it's so frustrating! I spent 2 hours on OXFORD STREET last week and not. a. thing. Not in M&S or Next or H&M or New Look. I guess I'll have to buy online but if I want something I WANT IT NOW, not in however many days it takes for delivery!

as for the work thing, well, plan A is the ideal - we win the lottery and OH and I need never work again, we can move into a big house and bring up baby, and have a couple more. :)

plan B (in case plan A doesn't work out) - I love being at home with baby SO MUCH that I simply never go back to work, which is completely feasible because I work freelance and have no sense of "this is my career, I must invest my life into it". We manage fine on OH's salary and everything is great.

plan C (in case we can't manage the ££ and/or I decide I really want to work Friday nights and Saturdays again) - I get two shifts a week back where I'm working, if there are two shifts a week available for me when I would decide to go back, which would be when the MA runs out. OH is allowed to take half days on Fridays and so we share childcare and the wee boy doesn't have have to go to a nursery/daycare place.

I'm really hoping for plan A, myself.

I'm sorry to hear you're being made redundant ... ugh. It's good though that the combined maternity leave and redundancy money will keep you going for a couple of years.

I know what you mean about going back, but I suppose at least in a couple of years this damn credit crunch should be over - or at least improving! - so hopefully there will be more opportunities out there :)

:rofl: at winning the lottery Mary Jo.

I am also lucky in the fact that DH provides enough for the both of us. I know I couldn't bear to be away from my LO once she's born so I am very happy to be a SAHM. I plan on breastfeeding anyways so this will definately make things easier in that area. I want to start taking some online courses for early childhood education though at some point in time. We'll see if I can get motivated enough for that though! :dohh:

Yep put me down for plan A as well. LOL. But your other plans actually sound pretty good! Certainly more flexible than ours LOL.

yay, Cleck, I'll be in there once I've got dinner in hand.

anyone on the UK - Embarrassing Bodies tonight at 8pm on channel 4 is about pelvic floors. :D

Well I will be off work for about a year, but financially, I will have to go back - either full time or pretty much full time. Mine is the major salary unfortunately!

I like plan A better though..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"