Official August Mummies Club!!

Hey ladies!!!! I'm here, and have just read all of your wonderful chatter from today, and want to reply to EVERYONE! But I won't write it all out in one huge post, I'll do it little by little hehehe that way we get to boost our thread count too...

Hi ladies, hope you are all well today :D I went to the hairdressers this morning as my friend had a gap and said she'd cut my hair to cheer me up, bless her. Also popped to next as my friends had a baby girl yesterday so brought them THE cutest dress :D

Shadow, enjoy your scan :happydance:

Welcome to mum2-3boys :D

O, and how to I get an august mummies blinkie thingy? :cry::blush:

I shall put you on my list of blinkies to make tonight my dear :D When are you due, and what team are you on??

xx

LOL shadow, you might as well do the entire club one!!!! I actually really like the name "august mummies club". Although here in the states, mummies are freaky so I will just call myself an august mommy :rofl:. Mummy makes me think of the dead guys wrapped in bandages LOL. I can't stand the "mummy" movies lol. Am I the only one that knows what I am talking about??? Cleck??? Help me out dear!

LOL I know what you mean! Hehehe it's funny that the UK used that word to mean mother, but the USA dont use it at all!!!
Cleck, I prefer Momma too, I call my mum "Ma" or "Mama", maybe cos we're from an irish family.... I think Ma is so much sweeter than "Mum"... Mum sounds like bum or something hehehe

Hey ladies and hope you are all doing well.

Shadow, hope your scan goes well. Thank you once again for the blinkie as it's so cute!

Overcomer, is that the movie with Brandon Fraiser or whatever his name is? I remember seeing it and thought it was cute. That was, until one of the other tv stations starting to air the film A LOT then it got sickning. :rofl:

Off from work today (hooray) and grateful for the break. Things are going crazy over there and was/is incredibly stressful. Tried not to stress myself out over it but people dump lots of stuff on me there anyways.

Two doctor appointments today (regular and OB). The former just wanted to do a follow up after the blackout incident a little while ago. Wonder what'll happen?

August Mummies sounds fine and rather gotten used to it by now. ;)

You are most welcome for the blinkie my lovely :D I love making them, so it's all good!!
I do hope you don't overwork yourself: It's no small thing to be passing out all over the place! Just take it easy eh? :hug:

xx

am back from dentist with a faceful of local anaesthetic. lovely. baby kicked throughout, which was nice for me - I do hope he wasn't stressed and it was just because I was lying down (he usually kicks when I'm flat out).

Awwwww :( Dentist sucks!! You poor thing... I'm sorry you and OH had a nasty fight too, I hate that, even though it is rare for OH and I, we've had one big stupid one during this pregnancy and it is NO fun at all :( Hope you had some decent make-up sex!!! LOL that's the good bit :winkwink:

(Ughhhhh... *drools* Octoblerones....)

Okay girls. My stretchmarks have officially went haywire! When going to the bathroom I noticed that the tops of my thighs are starting to grow them!! :hissy: I don't even think I'm gaining weight there!! So I did a bit of investigating and realize that I am also getting them on my lower back!! AHH!! This baby is stretching me to my limit and I still have a little over 16 weeks to go!! :rofl::rofl: I am officially never wearing a swimsuit again. LoL!

Awww honey!!! Big :hug: :hugs: I feel your pain :( I haven't got very many new ones yet, but I think they will come in third tri... Mine are at the very bottom of my back too, I don't think I've changed shape there at ALL! I'm not sure why they just pop out, it doesnt always seem to follow where the weight goes on, or where your shape changes...
I looked at the Third Tri thread about them earlier today and felt so much better about them, LOADS of them have them pretty bad, but they are all in it together and they love their bodies anyway and are just happy that baby will be worth it!

:D xx

Girls I have a question, oh and hi buy the way :blush:

Are all your movements proper little kicks or do you feel other weird movement too. I have really obvious kicks and rolling and nudges but then I get this weird fluttering/kick/vibration (difficult to describe) as well often in the same place low down by my pubic bone. Anyone else feel this?

I get this Pips!!! Like the others, mixed in with the proper "kicks" and nudges, I also get squirmy movement feelings (like your "changing position" feelings, I'm guessing that's what Vince is doing :D ) and I get the funny little flutters that seem so odd because I can't think what part of his body is making that sensation against my insides hehehe

Don't worry about it, for sure! There are all kinds of little flutters and feelings associated with pregnancy it seems!!

xx

heya girls :) hope u all had a good day.
sorry to hear u had to go to the dentist MJ, i hate thm bloody places :(
N cleck im sure ur still sexy with ur stretchmarks :) so wear them swimsuits with pride lol

I went for my ante natal today, and come out enroled onto a course which will qualify me to teach people sex education :p
Wat a productive day i had lol

Hope to speak to u guys later

xxxxx

:rofl::rofl: I would love to be in your sex-ed class Georgie. :rofl:

You do realise i now have an exscuse to carry condoms and cucumbers in my bag at all times.
U never know wen u need to whip it out n instruct :p

:p:p

:rofl:

What more can I say ?!? LOL I, too, would LOVE to sit in on one of Georgie's sex ed classes!!! Man, she would mess some teenagers up for life, I think!!! :rofl: Gotta love ya, Georgie!!!

xx

Ok, and on maternity bras and maternity clothes, I have 2 maternity / nursing bras from Mothercare which I now wear all the time (lol I should really get a third or fourth one... ) But they are REALLY comfy and not too frumpy either!! Not sure about "pretty" though :winkwink:
As for maternity clothes, I have two pairs of maternity trousers, both from Mothercare too, but I've already grown out of one! I have jeans, though, which I tend to wear as soon as they are clean from the wash and for as long as I can manage now! LOL stinky, eh?! But sooooo comfy with the bump-bit up! Other than that, I have two long skirts which have stretchy waists, and I wear them sort-of under bump, which is nice and comfy, and I have 2 shorter skirts which arent maternity wear either but also sit nicely under bump :D
Might have to go on a summer-maternity shopping spree when i get my £190 though, I'd love some nice flowing dresses and stuff!

:D

Ok, that's plenty of me talking to myself in here, you are all in chat probably falling about laughing by now, so I will stop being a loner and come join you!! My fingers are now nicely warmed up, too hehehe

Shadow x

oooh, the dreaded kaftan, Shadow. have to say I have a fancy for a tent...

Wow! Now I need to catch up on on all the chatter. :)

Just got back from both appointments which went well but apparently they want to do some other ultrasounds because they found a cyst or two on the baby (?). They also took some blood today to check as to whether I'm anemic or no plus to see how the potassium levels are.

Risk of down's is apparently low (hooray).

As for work plans -- I'm lucky enough to have a husband who provides 100% financially. It was always my dream and plan to stay at home and that's what I'm doing.

OK ladies, hold on to your heart strings, here's Vince!!! Hehehe

First one is the face shot I wanted, or as best the sonographer could manage as he actually had his hands over his face most of the time! Must be a shy boy hehe
The second is a lovely profile pic (in which he kinda looks like Mr Burns, but also we can see that he has OH's nose which is really cute!!!!)
I have two blurry feet pics too, but wont bother with those just now :winkwink:

:happydance:

Attachments

• Vincent24WeeksFace.jpg
    Vincent24WeeksFace.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Vincent24WeeksProfile.jpg
    Vincent24WeeksProfile.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 13
love the name you have chosen shadow, i have a couple ov names in mind for my little girl but would love another old name to go with my little boy archie any ideas??

Ah Shadow Vincent is lovely Id say your delighted.

Cleckner: I hear ya on the stretchmarks I'm starting to get them this week.

Overcomer: we are more mammy, mam or ma here in Ireland but to be honest most mothers hate the ma as it is more slang.

Mary Jo: I hope your mouth is feeling better.

Pippin: I have felt those vibrations since week 16 and am only getting the nudges and kicks more in the last few weeks even though I have a postier placenta.

Georgie: I think we all may lock up our children if you are giving sex ed classes :rofl: :rofl:

Girls I know there are many that I'm forgetting to reply to but I am seriously suffering from baby brain today - I met my friends for lunch today and we were talkin about whether there was 9 or 10 months in pregnancy and I was explaining that it is 9 calendar months and 40 weeks so if ur going that way technically it was probably more like 10 months if you are going by being 4 weeks in a month and I said take me for example my LMP was in November so count the calendar months from there and so I was counting on my hand December, January, February etc and I went all the way to May and then went straight to August. I completely forgot June and July and didnt even notice - I am some wally.

Well I hear ye on the maternity clothes, I went shopping today with a friend and I only came back with a few bits, we have two racks in New Look and two in DP for a whole town. I did pick up a few bits in Pennys (Primark in the UK I think) in bigger sizes as they are so cheap but when I got home they were rotten on, so they will be going back.

But even though I didn't really get much clothes I had a lovely day although my feet are like two swollen balloons. Shadow by the way thanks for your kind words earlier.

And my pram arrived so I had great fun playing with that. DH was trying to time me putting it all together and he was doing the sound effects of a child crying in the background, we had so much fun he he. We are going to store it in my mams though as she is superstitious about having big things like that in the house before the baby is born.

Well did I miss much chat today??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->