Official August Mummies Club!!

Hey ladies, I've just been thinking...

July team are "July Jelly Bellies"
September team are "Septembryos" (puke)October team are "October Bumpkins"
November team are "November Sparklers"
and even the DECEMBER team (yes, they're onto a December team already!!) are the "December Stars"

... do you think we should've chosen a cute team name?? Is it too late now? Do we even need one? I mean, we are pretty awesome anyway, maybe we're too cool for that kind of thing eh?! Hehehe :winkwink:

Thoughts?

Shadow xxx

Hey ladies, we kinda like Sept-embryos, there are no holidays that month to focus on like the Halloween and Bonfire Night stuff the 2 subsequent months have and there's nothing too alliterative - we don't wanna be September Sacs-o-fluid after all!!

If some of you want August stuff then I'd go along holiday lines or summer lines (but then again is it winter for any Aussie mamas) Or maybes you are just too cool :)

hugs and happy pregnancies all :hugs:

LOL Awwwww :blush: didn't mean to offend, misswren!! It has just always sounded a little creepy to me hehehe!!! But we're not as creative as you, and like you said, there's no real holidays in August or September to focus on, so I'm guessing we'll stick with plain old "August Mummies" for now!!

Shadow xx
*Now gone out the door, for real this time!!*

Blinkin devonshire people pppppffffffffffttttttttt

:muaha::rofl::rofl::muaha:

Hi ladies, hope you are all well today :D I went to the hairdressers this morning as my friend had a gap and said she'd cut my hair to cheer me up, bless her. Also popped to next as my friends had a baby girl yesterday so brought them THE cutest dress :D

Shadow, enjoy your scan :happydance:

Welcome to mum2-3boys :D

O, and how to I get an august mummies blinkie thingy? :cry::blush:

LOL shadow, you might as well do the entire club one!!!! I actually really like the name "august mummies club". Although here in the states, mummies are freaky so I will just call myself an august mommy :rofl:. Mummy makes me think of the dead guys wrapped in bandages LOL. I can't stand the "mummy" movies lol. Am I the only one that knows what I am talking about??? Cleck??? Help me out dear!

As I discovered last night (during chat) ... doesn't matter how bizarre whatever you're talking about is, someone else here will know what you mean! LOL!!

Hey ladies and hope you are all doing well.

Shadow, hope your scan goes well. Thank you once again for the blinkie as it's so cute!

Overcomer, is that the movie with Brandon Fraiser or whatever his name is? I remember seeing it and thought it was cute. That was, until one of the other tv stations starting to air the film A LOT then it got sickning. :rofl:

Off from work today (hooray) and grateful for the break. Things are going crazy over there and was/is incredibly stressful. Tried not to stress myself out over it but people dump lots of stuff on me there anyways.

Two doctor appointments today (regular and OB). The former just wanted to do a follow up after the blackout incident a little while ago. Wonder what'll happen?

August Mummies sounds fine and rather gotten used to it by now. ;)

I've been thinking and if we were the October Mummies Club, I'd suggest the Octoblerones. Since many of us do like to partake in the old chocolate...

Shadow, I've missed you but hope scan goes well and you get some good pics of Vinnie!

welcome to mom 2-3 boys! and Vici - Shadow is the lady who did our fab blinkies!

overcomer, I hope I'm not wrapped in bandages by the end of all this... :rofl:

as for me, had a massive fight with OH last night... not good, but it's all ok now thank goodness.

and I'm off to the dentist in a tick. went last week to register (had never left my old dentist at my parents' and went when I could but it'd been - a while, shall we say *ahem2.5yearsahem*). so last week the lady said the gum bleeding I'd been having was yes due to the pregnancy but also because of the crap stuck on my teeth that needs to come OFF. and as my gums as so swollen she is doing the scale & polish under local anaesthetic. also need a cracked filling replaced. joy. so I have a session today and one next Friday.

better get a move on, appointment is at 3 and it's 2.25...

see you ladies later! have a good day.

MaryJo, hope everything goes well!

Octoberlones hm? Jeez...now I want some toblerone chocolate and it's only 9:30 am here. :rofl:

Welcome, and 'ello to mom 2-3 boys! :wave:

Geez girls! I missed alot!!

Georgie-Hey hun!! :hi: I made a little dedication to you at the end of our list!!

lissagayle-Welcome to our thread!! Congrats on team PINK!!! We need more team pinks around here with all these little blue bumps roaming around!! :rofl:

Shadow-Missed you to say good luck but I'm sure your scan went fabulous! I hope you got pictures!

Overcomer-I'm here darling! I agree. 'Mummy' reminds me of Halloween and scary monsters but I bet it sounds real cute coming from all the little English accented children. :baby: I actually prefer 'momma' myself but really doubt that's what I'll be called! Mommy it is!

Mum2-3boys-Welcome!! If you don't mind I put your name under the 3rd of August since that is when he will be born!! :hugs: I can change it if you want though so just let me know!

I am going to have to agree with other girls here. August Mummies is pretty much stuck in my mind for a name but we can change it when we start our August Mummy club after the babies are born if you'd like! Or even when we move to third tri! But it will have to be a group decision of course.

I have to agree with you girls about loving the chat last night! We definately have to do that more often. I should be cleaning or doing something productive but I would much rather chat with you girls! :hugs:

BnB is acting up for me today. Sometimes it won't load so I'm hoping it doesn't keep doing it. I get super frustrated when I can't get my BnB fix for the day. :hissy: It is like a drug that I NEED. :rofl::rofl:

am back from dentist with a faceful of local anaesthetic. lovely. baby kicked throughout, which was nice for me - I do hope he wasn't stressed and it was just because I was lying down (he usually kicks when I'm flat out).

Okay girls. My stretchmarks have officially went haywire! When going to the bathroom I noticed that the tops of my thighs are starting to grow them!! :hissy: I don't even think I'm gaining weight there!! So I did a bit of investigating and realize that I am also getting them on my lower back!! AHH!! This baby is stretching me to my limit and I still have a little over 16 weeks to go!! :rofl::rofl: I am officially never wearing a swimsuit again. LoL!

eeep, cleck!!! that doesn't sound nice. have you been moisturising? and did your mum get them (could they be hereditary?)

I haven't got any new ones but I guess I will because I have them on my thighs from when I was an overweight teenager. though my mum only had a few on her hips after 2 babies...

Girls I have a question, oh and hi buy the way :blush:

Are all your movements proper little kicks or do you feel other weird movement too. I have really obvious kicks and rolling and nudges but then I get this weird fluttering/kick/vibration (difficult to describe) as well often in the same place low down by my pubic bone. Anyone else feel this?

eeep, cleck!!! that doesn't sound nice. have you been moisturising? and did your mum get them (could they be hereditary?)

I haven't got any new ones but I guess I will because I have them on my thighs from when I was an overweight teenager. though my mum only had a few on her hips after 2 babies...
I had stretchmarks from gaining weight over a fast period of time but they had faded so I'm wondering if these are just old ones coming back to haunt me. My mom got them but I'm not 100% sure how bad. And I wasn't moisturising regularly before but I've now put lotion right beside the toilet so every time I have to go, I can remember to moisturize. :rofl: I know it won't stop them but hopefully it can help them fade faster after the fact! :blush:

Are all your movements proper little kicks or do you feel other weird movement too. I have really obvious kicks and rolling and nudges but then I get this weird fluttering/kick/vibration (difficult to describe) as well often in the same place low down by my pubic bone. Anyone else feel this?

Haha...didn't mean to thank you pippin :rofl:. James feels like he is pinching me at times. I still haven't felt proper movements yet but do feel llike he is headbutting me ;).

The movements I feel are pretty random and usually happen so fast that I can't tell exactly what the baby is doing in there. I know they are kicks because at times they can be quite hard and make my belly move visibly from the outside but I haven't felt the baby turn or anything like that. At least not that I've recognized as a turn. As for the vibration/flutters your describing, maybe the baby is trying to tickle mommy. :happydance:

Thanks Girls appreciate it, I was just a little worried but I guess it might be the baby kicking down the sides or something or hitting my pubic bone and scrapping down the side, hadn't thought of that hmmm! Mine discovered rolling about a week ago, feels very odd oh and standing up it likes that and kinda hurts from the pressure on my muscles or should I say more uncomfortable. x

Pippin, I feel a variety of movements but nothing I can identify as what baby might actually be doing. OK, some are little pokes and prods, which I guess are a hand, a foot, an elbow or a knee, but others are that weird tickling/vibrating feeling, like you very low down. Wish I knew what it was... I assume it's feet doing something but maybe not - wee one was breech 2 weeks ago but he could have moved into 20 different positions since then.

Some days I feel very little still. Thanks very much, anterior placenta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->