Official August Mummies Club!!

Hi I'm new on here but I am due on the 3rd Aug and I am team BLUE!!!:happydance:

Attachments

• CrSZp1.png
    CrSZp1.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 5
Good morning and welcome to all the "new" august mummies *ahem*.

I dreamed about georgie putting a condom on cucumber last night!!! Geez, you guys are a MESS :rofl:.

All the scan pics are awesome. I didn't get any new pics last night :(. Every night I have been in so much pain with my left leg and my back and can't do anything else. Plus, It is hard to get OH to do anything that would involve him putting down the computer. I have a dr. appointment in over an hour and OH is STILL in bed....grrrrrr!

As for pets goes, I think my cats will be fine. It is my big "baby" that I am concerned about. He is great around children and have a very loving personality. The vet told me to bring clothes home and let him smell before bringing the baby home.

Oops, OH is getting up...gotta go...figures!

First off - yay for viable Vinnie!! :happydance:

And heh, Shadow, that's an amazing image you gave me of Adam Elliott wrapped in tin foil!!! :rofl: I expect anything to happen with a boy in the house though, especially if he takes after OH (who, in his own words, was "a little b*****d").

Your old kitty Berry is GORGEOUS. My old cat, Twinkle, died a year ago age 20... we thought she'd go on forever, too, though 2 years before she died the vet gave her 3 months max! She chose us when she was 2 years old, she left her previous owners and moved in with us. I was 16 and unhappy and Twinkle really helped, the affection of this little cat just made a huge difference to my life. She could be a bit septic of temper as well, though not with kids, with other cats. She very much needed to be the one and only and when I took Betty and my other cat (now sadly dead) to visit, she turned into this snarling, hissing, hostile animal! So strange because she was really a quiet, peaceful soul in general.

https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a189/ariel3112/IMG_1031.jpg <--- Twinkle :)

welcome, ToniAnne!

overcomer, I know what it's like trying to prise OH from the computer... mine is a photographer so he legitimately has to spend evening airbrushing pics, but sometimes it's a bit ridiculous. Though I'm a fine one to talk, given the blazing row we had the other night about ME being on my computer while he was trying to sleep...

I realy ought to get out of bed sometime today... don't have any plans though so it's hard when the alternative is lying here cosy and snug with Betty!

ToniAnne8 Welcome hun! I am just now adding you to the list!! Feel free to jump in to our little chats anytime!!

EDIT: Looks like you were already added so less work for me!!

MJ You crazy cat lady. :muaha::tease: Sorry I am just having WAY too much fun with the smileys today. hehe. I grew up with a minimum of 3 cats at one time so I know what it's like to get so attached to the furry things. Now I'm a dog person instead. I like them just because they depend on you more. Cats are so independant.

I just had a look at our first post - good grief, there are eleven babies due on August 3rd!!!

I wonder if any of them will check in on time? :D

Don't they say that only like 30% of babies are ever actually born on their due dates? I wonder how many of us won't be august mummies after all?! :hissy:

I'd say I have a good chance of being an August Mummy - being due in the middle of the month and all. Can't say about going early, but I think they'd induce me if baby wasn't here 2 weeks after the 11th. I am certain about my ovulation date and scans confirmed baby is the right size for that date.

I'm certain on my dates as well but the baby measured a week ahead at the last scan. So far no one has changed my due date though!! I'm worried because I had a D&C right before getting pregnant with this baby and I read conflicting stories about it making me more likely to have preterm labor... Only time will tell though!

:cry: I don't want to be a september :hissy: I'm staying in AUGUST!!! :p

Well, James cooperated with the Dr. I figure he must have been sleeping. I still can't get over the fact that he was "tickling" me yesterday.

tonianne8 wellcome and congrats on team blue

Shadow congrats on beeing viable

my son was 4days over he was due july but born on 2nd august iam hoping this baby will come 2wks early as my son was big dnt want another big 1. but at 20wks he legs was a wk infront of the rest of him so think he will be.

Hand up if you have an unbelievably wiggly baby today!! Making my tummy hurt!!!

Mine's been as quiet as he usually is - a little bit this morning, and he seemed to enjoy it (or hate it) when I played him the song my username here is named after (it's a track from Belle & Sebastian's Tigermilk album). He was kicking away the whole time!

Hi and welcome, ToniAnne!! :D Always a pleasure to see lovely new faces in here!

Congrats on viability today Shadow!!! :happydance::cake::wine: <-----Thats my party for you. :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: That's so cute Cleck hehehe thanks!
We've had a LOVELY day so far today, which pleasantly surprised me, as it started off really rubbishly with me in a really bummed out mood :(
But my lovely brother and his missus, two kids and their collie dog came in and brightened our lives up briefly :D Their collie played with our collie, they get on fairly well which is lush, but Ben is such a pushover! Rosie came in and took all his toys and growled at him a bit and he just skulked off looking sheepish hehehe! She is DEFINITELY the boss in that situation! :winkwink:

I'm not sure how Ben will react when Vince comes along, but I think he will be pretty good: He is just so chilled out and relaxed, I really can't imagine there being much difficulty at all. We do miss having a cat, but I think a cat might find it harder to cope, strangely, with a new baby in the house. Cats can get so protective of their humans I always find! We'll see I guess...

Re: due dates, I'm REALLY hoping for Vince to be an August baby, but being near the start of the month already and with the slightly higher likelihood of him being a little premature there is a chance that he'll be born in July instead. I'd really like it if he could stay the August side of Leo, though! I'd love a Leo baby :D So anything after, what is it, the 20th July? would be fine hehehe. Although his dadda is a Cancer, and that is a pretty cool star sign too, so I spose that wouldn't be too bad :) I don't think there's much chance of him being a September baby, which is good. I REALLY don't want a virgo child, so uptight and serious and obsessive... I don't need that kind of hassle in my life! I'd much rather have a calm, loving, laughing household, thank you very much!!

Well, I've eaten WAY too many mini chocolate brownie squares today :smug: :sick: LOL Now I need a nice glass of milk and to put my feet up with my favourite book, which is due back at the library in just 4 days, and I've got LOADS still to read!!! Eeeep!!

Hope to catch you lovelies later, as long as we don't anger our OHs too much by filling our lives with computer madness!!

:hug:
Shadow xx

Mine has wiggled so much I think my tummy has grown by 4 inches...literally :shock: It's sticking out loads more today! :happydance:

*waves hand in the air*

Yesterday and today there have been little parties going on in my uterus, I think!!! He is REALLY active all of a sudden, maybe he is excited that most of the hard work is done in there now, and all he has left to do is develop more and put on some lovely squishy baby fat! I love the really active days though hehehe, it's rare that he is SO active that it's uncomfortable! Are you liking the movements, Pippin?? Not long till your scan now!!! Can't wait to know what team you're on!! :dance:

xx

I like the movements but it really is making my tummy sore!! I'd like little break for an hour or two then I'll gladly have some more. They make me feel a little sick sometimes when he does really big flips and rolls. I just hope it's all strong in there as he's hammering on every part!!!! You?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->