Official August Mummies Club!!

:rofl: - just want to add, I don't necessarily believe in any of it, but I am interested and have done some studying (nothing formal, just books and stuff).

Here's a bit of a random question. I was just thinking about this. How many of your chinese prediction charts turned out to be right? Every chart I tried said 'girl' and it's right! I'm just wondering percentage wise how many actually were right?

:hi: Hey girls.. I finally caught up to you ... it feels like a marathon.. :sleep:

W4B... your scan is sooo cool... I love getting glimpses of what they look like inside ... I am too cheap to get a 4D scan.. so I am jealous...

Shadow... congrats on hitting the 24th week... a milestone down... :happydance:

In regards to babies coming when they are suppose to... my first came on his due date.... my second was 3 weeks early and my third was 6.5 weeks early(placental abruption)... so I am guessing that this will be a july baby since my due date it Aug 9 and I am usually early.... Which is fine by me... less time to be stink'in hot and preggers...My husband and I will be married 10 years on Aug 7...

My LO is wiggling a ton too.. so busy the last few days... I feel this baby far more than I ever felt any of my others...

okay girls... I have to go work in the garden... it is beautiful here.... so I will run another marathon when I check in again tonight:loopy:... have a wonderful day... and night (for those of you over seas..)

Eeeek, Pippin, I didn't know about the law changing - I thought you could hold them back a year if you wanted. :( Ack, somehow I can't see my boy hanging on for 3 extra weeks (nor me being allowed to). Oh, well, my fault for having sex in November I guess.

I was 4 years, 8 months when I started school. Those 8 months are a lot at that age, too.

Yer that's what happens now, I'll try and do a little more research as it was a few months ago and I'm a little hazy on the details. As a teacher myself I think it's too early!!!

Eeeek, Pippin, I didn't know about the law changing - I thought you could hold them back a year if you wanted. :( Ack, somehow I can't see my boy hanging on for 3 extra weeks (nor me being allowed to). Oh, well, my fault for having sex in November I guess.

I was 4 years, 8 months when I started school. Those 8 months are a lot at that age, too.

Yer that's what happens now, I'll try and do a little more research as it was a few months ago and I'm a little hazy on the details. As a teacher myself I think it's too early!!!

Actually, I totally agree. I was training to be a primary teacher when my EDS issues really kicked in, so although I never finished the training, I had lots of in-school experience and stuff: I think that even 5 is still too young for any kid to be in school. I much prefer the Steiner approach in that regard: My neice (who I spent the day with today :happydance: ) goes to a Steiner school, and it has REALLY helped her to have the slower pace and the extra time. I mean, she is a VERY bright kid, don't get me wrong, but I just think she is being allowed to develop at a much more natural rate than most mainstream kids these days. It seems to really suit her well :D

In Norway, where my nephew and niece live, they don't go to school till they're 6. It makes me sad to think of a just-turned 4 year old baby in a playground with the big kids.

In Norway, where my nephew and niece live, they don't go to school till they're 6. It makes me sad to think of a just-turned 4 year old baby in a playground with the big kids.

I totally agree :(

Is anyone considering anything other than the "normal" education for their kids? Home tutoring perhaps? Or Steiner/Waldorf? I'm still not sure myself, but am thinking it may be a possibility that we'll seriously consider Steiner...

Heh, did the Chinese thing say anyone was having a boy? Seems it was wrong for us who are having boys and right for the girls...

Is anyone considering anything other than the "normal" education for their kids? Home tutoring perhaps? Or Steiner/Waldorf? I'm still not sure myself, but am thinking it may be a possibility that we'll seriously consider Steiner...

What if you decided to homeschool and then sent the kid to a normal school at age 6 or 7? Would you be allowed? Because if the child was home from 4-6, how would the authorities judge what you were teaching?

Heh, did the Chinese thing say anyone was having a boy? Seems it was wrong for us who are having boys and right for the girls...

Im having a boy and it was wrong for me too! Strange!!

:hissy: I'm trying to find out some more on the primary school age thing and I can't find anything anywhere so many documents to look trough :hissy: maybe I have it wrong but asked DH and he read it too. Arrrrrr will keep trying ladies.

What if you decided to homeschool and then sent the kid to a normal school at age 6 or 7? Would you be allowed? Because if the child was home from 4-6, how would the authorities judge what you were teaching?

Good question, MJ... I'm not sure, to be honest, but I reckon that'd be allowed. Of course, though, then I'd be worried about my little one entering an already-formed group of school kiddies and being a bit behind socially :(

LOL seems there is no "right answer" here... I might look into the rules etc. of home tutoring, though...

xx

^^ Yeah, Shadow, that'd be my concern, too. Though it depends on the personality of the child. Some find it easy to slot in and make friends, others find it so hard as to be painful. I know that I'd have hated going to a new school where everyone else had been together for a year or two - I found it terribly hard when I started to go to Brownies and dancing classes and stuff like that. But to be honest I went through one primary school for all 7 years and one secondary school for all 5 years and never felt like I fitted in and was constantly conscious of being excluded/left out. I probably wasn't but I felt different. And even back at age 4 I put it down to not having been at the same NURSERY school as the other kids!!! Crazy. I was an over-sensitive Capricorn, for sure. Hopefull our little Leos would join right in and just get on with it!

^^ Yeah, Shadow, that'd be my concern, too. Though it depends on the personality of the child. Some find it easy to slot in and make friends, others find it so hard as to be painful. I know that I'd have hated going to a new school where everyone else had been together for a year or two - I found it terribly hard when I started to go to Brownies and dancing classes and stuff like that. But to be honest I went through one primary school for all 7 years and one secondary school for all 5 years and never felt like I fitted in and was constantly conscious of being excluded/left out. I probably wasn't but I felt different. And even back at age 4 I put it down to not having been at the same NURSERY school as the other kids!!! Crazy. I was an over-sensitive Capricorn, for sure. Hopefull our little Leos would join right in and just get on with it!

Aaaaawwww, little MJ! :hugs:

:happydance: for confident little Leos!!

Pippin - I'd be interested in reading that if you manage to find something ... our education system in Scotland is different (and so is our law) ... just wondering if it will apply here or what the guidelines are. I'm so ignorant about all this stuff. I know at the moment here you can choose to wait to join P1 - so some kids are nearer 5 1/2 when they start, but whether that's affected by what you read, I'm not sure. I might look into it and post what I find too.

Star signs - I'm a Libran and I'm indecisive (or am I? LOL) but other than that I don't know anything about stars. My hubby is a Leo and he's as gentle and easygoing as they come, completely opposite to the stereotype! Our chinese signs (I'm an Ox, he's a Rat) are much more accurate.

Pippin - I'd be interested in reading that if you manage to find something ... our education system in Scotland is different (and so is our law) ... just wondering if it will apply here or what the guidelines are. I'm so ignorant about all this stuff. I know at the moment here you can choose to wait to join P1 - so some kids are nearer 5 1/2 when they start, but whether that's affected by what you read, I'm not sure. I might look into it and post what I find too.

Star signs - I'm a Libran and I'm indecisive (or am I? LOL) but other than that I don't know anything about stars. My hubby is a Leo and he's as gentle and easygoing as they come, completely opposite to the stereotype! Our chinese signs (I'm an Ox, he's a Rat) are much more accurate.

Aaaaawwww, little MJ! :hugs:

:happydance: for confident little Leos!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->