Official August Mummies Club!!

Hey girls - sorry I wasn't on yesterday like Cleckner I'm wrecked this week - think its probably after having the week off work last week.

Avabear - Congrats on the BP - I know what you mean about paracetamol, i was ready to swing for people at the weekend for saying it, I would get more pain relief from smarties so I dont see the point in taking them.

Shadow - Congrats on your GGT, yeah wouldn't it be great if we could stay off the meds after the LO's are born, do you find you had more other problems like bowels and bladder and tummy problems when you were on all the meds. I feel much better since coming off them except for the pain. ha I laughed my heart out at the pics he he, looking good though. You will have to show us pics of the curtains. Wow £2 is brilliant for material.

Cleckner - Congrats on the stretchmarks fading, I thought I was going to start last week but they have managed to stay away, fair play to you for using the oil, I keep meaning to but keep forgetting.

Coffee - I know what you mean about being overwhelmed, I keep pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming and I keep thinking what did I do to deserve a LO. I feel so blessed to be able to have a babs as I also have PCOS so there was always a little afraid that it wouldn't happen.

Mary Jo - You poor thing, it sound like you had a horible day the other day and I am so glad that you have sorted out things with DH, I have to agree with you 90% of good and 10% fighting is grand, sure you have to have a row every now and again to clear the air. I really hope your feeling better about things now. By the way congrats on all your purchases, you have got loads now this week.

Welcome Nicandbump - Hope you enjoy chatting to us.

Tillymum - Contrats on the scan, the pic looks great.

TMR - I only ever feel movement below the belly buttom but I am a few weeks behind you.

Loo - I read on another post here that cutting out fizzy drinks and drinking more milk is meant to help with cramps, dont know how true it is but I guess it is worth a go.

SamStar - I have to agree with you on the chocolate instead of the bananas - wouldn't it be great if babs could get all the minerals it needed from it too ha ha.

Shiv - Well done on your results, dont be so hard on yourself, you may have to re-sit one, but you passed 3 of them so give yourself a pat on the back. Love the pics of what you have bought.

Leo - I love my bump getting bigger too but dont like it going on the rest either, I have put some more on my hips and lots and lots on my chest which I hate.

Waiting4baby - I defo wouldn't worry about the litter box, you will defo be immune to it by now when you have the cat so long.

Smith - So Sorry to hear about the Braxton Hicks, did you speak to the MW, what did she say, you must have gotten a fright.

Pippin - Well has it all sunk it that you are having a little man. Have you bought much boy stuff now?

Gabrielle - Contrats on the House that is so exciting, your gonna have a new baby and new house.

Well I dont have much news from me girls as all I have done for the last few days is work and pan out on the couch when I come home, except LO gave its first good strong kick that could be felt from the outside the other night and DH got to feel it too. we have had lots of little ones from the outside since. I am convinced it is going to be a little girl as I reckon she is a daddys girls already as everywhere he put his hand for the last two nights LO has gave a small little thud in the exact same place. He is so delighted.

Awww, Shadow, those pics are precious!!! I can't believe your bear is the same size as Vince will be! :D

OMG shadow that is the cutest thing i've ever seen that little dino jacket actually makes me want a boy lol!!

Oh my goodness!

So much has gone on here and I'm still trying to catch up on all the goings-on.

Hope to post in here a bit more soon but with things being crazy at work, dunno if there will be much time to do it.

hi girls, thanks for the nice welcome! how are we all feeling today? im so tired! my 2 year old is such a handful at the moment! and im going to do it all gain??? i think i must be crazy lol!

shadowrat - im finding it alot more difficult than the last two times as there is only 14 months between my other two so when i got pregnant again last time my eldest was only a baby and not moving around alot! so now i have two running about and one just coming out of terrible twos and the other one just going into it im struggling a bit i must to admit lol! but all worth it in the end! i love the clothes, cot and teddy you have got! its mad i know i have done it twice before but now the baby is kicking and moving about alot more it feels abit more real.

jelr- aaaww thats so sweet! i bet your oh loved the fact the baby was kicking for him it makes it so special dont it!

gabrielle- your moving out heavly pregnant your mad lol! hope u wont be moving any heavy boxes!!! hope all goes well with that hun!

shiv - my advice would be not to buy to much in newborn size as they grow soooo quick! trust me i had my first in jan 2006 and we brought so much newborn he hardly wore any of it and people buy newborn clothes as presents too so as these are going to be summer babies (ive only had winter babies before) i suggest if ur gonna buy a longed sleeved coat for when going into winter time maybe 0-3/3-6??? just what i have found newborn dont last 5 mins.

hieveryone else charlies crying so i must go see whats wrong with him will be back later to finish posting i hope your all ok! im ok im finding my baby is kicking loads but every time my hubbi puts his hand on my belly the baby stops so he is feeling like the baby doesnt like him! bless him! men hey! i told him your just being unlucky!

Nic...x

Shadow those pics of your teddy have me in stitches! :rofl::rofl:

Shadow can you do me one of those lovely tickers please - in yellow and EDD at 30th of August, rather than my official consultant date of 22nd cos i've had 3 further scans now that have put me bang on my dates. Ta hun!

hiya girls i have just orderd my chair for lucas :happydance: £80 omg but its really werth it had the same for my son.

Attachments

• 240x360prodtemplate.jpg
    240x360prodtemplate.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 3
Shadow I'm loving the pictures!! I haven't put clothes on a stuffed animal yet but I did try out the newborn diapers a few weeks ago on an Eeyore stuffed animal that we bought for the baby at Disney World. :rofl::rofl: It's so amazing that a human being will be that small huh?!

I think all you lovely ladies should post up pictures of new purchases!! I love looking at everything! I should have some new stuff coming myself today. As long as the tracking on my shipment is accurate! :dohh:

So lately my hubby keeps pointing out how cute my stomach is. Mind you, I have my shirt pulled up showing it off around the house half of the time! :rofl::rofl: I told him, it won't be so cute when it looks like this still even after the baby is born! :rofl::rofl:

Heh, Cleck, I have my belly out a lot of the time at home - I only have one maternity top and it's a "nice" one, so not for lying around in, so I am still wearing my pre-preg vests, etc, and they are comfy but snug and it's been very warm the last few days and so - well, large expanse of flesh on show!!!

TMR, that's a very cute little bouncer chair thing! I haven't started looking into those yet, don't know whether to get a vibrating one or an old-fashioned one - don't want baby to get dependent on the vibration to get to sleep! (like on Sex and the City with Brady - and when it broke, Samantha had to use her vibe to stop him crying. I was thinking about that this morning and thinking I'd need to get a new vibe for emergencies because I wouldn't want to let him near any old thing! :rofl: )

Nic - my OH isn't having much lucky feeling baby either - I do tell him "feel NOW" but often he doesn't because he's busy (I don't know what's so important that he won't stop to feel the baby) and then he'll randomly decide to put his hands on my belly and nothing!

My news today - I am at work and I finally told my boss about the baby (had only told 3 colleagues)! He was nice about it, just wants me to let him know the dates I want to work till and come back (which I am thinking when baby is about 6 months old, if all is well and I want to). So I have to contact human resources about SMP. Now I'm having trouble getting through to the lady I need to speak to, which is annoying!

LOL about Sex & the City and the vib. I can't get over how much I love that show. :rofl: And Samantha is always a riot. Who else would think to use a vibrator like that?! :rofl:

I personally have a vibrating bouncer but I plan to use the vibrating bit the least amount possible. It is more of a 'just in case' kind of feature for me. Like 'just in case' mommy starts going crazy when Emma wont stop screaming her head off. :rofl:

Oh yeah! Congrats about telling your work MJ. It is awesome that they took it well! :happydance:

Shadow can you do me one of those lovely tickers please - in yellow and EDD at 30th of August, rather than my official consultant date of 22nd cos i've had 3 further scans now that have put me bang on my dates. Ta hun!

All done for you my dear :D

I've PMed you :)

Shadow x x x

LOL Cleck - I've actually just been looking at bouncers online today too: Was very close to ordering one from Mothercare online, but I think I'd rather shop around a bit. I did order a cute bath set (in the same style as your bedding, Pippin), some biodegradable nappy bags (exciting huh?!) and MY RING SLING!!! I spent the entire morning researching the best slings for breastfeeding, carrying etc. from newborn to bigger baby, and settled on a ring sling. I think it will be perfect for use in conjunction with my wheelchair! I can't wait till it gets here and I can test it on Jasper :rofl: hehehe
I was going to go with a huggababy ring sling, they looked very good and easy to use and nice and neat and tidy, but I saw the BabyK ring sling on mothercare.com at half price, so I had to go for that! It only comes in black, but I was going to just go for black anyway, whatever sling I went for: Black goes with everything, I figure! And I wasn't immediately keen on the slings with the material hanging down as I thought it might get in the way, but on second thought I don't mind that the BabyK sling has that, I can use it to wipe Vince's face and stuff and as an extra little blanket-type thing to drape around / over when I'm in the wheelchair. I'm so excited! I can't wait till it all gets here hehehe!

Right now, I'm off to make curtains, as OH went out this morning and picked up all the bits I need :happydance:
Wish me luck, ladies! I hope I don't mess them up too much! lol

Shadow x x x x

Ooooh tilly I've just realised I forgot to put the sparkly stars on your blinkie!!! :blush: Ignore my first PM my dear, I will redo it and PM you again!!

*crazy Shadow!*

xx

wohoooooooooooooooo
:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:
I have orderd my Pram

https://www.teutonia.de/produkte/mistral/misc-mistral-s/dessins.html
https://www.teutonia.de/produkte/zubehoer/tragetaschen/softtragetasche/dessins-2008.html

my color is "Dessin 3480"

And here is my 1st shopping for mama's Boy

:happydance::happydance::yipee::happydance::happydance:

Attachments

• IMG_6398.JPG
    IMG_6398.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6399.jpg
    IMG_6399.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6400.jpg
    IMG_6400.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6401.JPG
    IMG_6401.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6402.jpg
    IMG_6402.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 5
Aww I am loving the little outfits Zoya! :happydance::happydance: I am especially loving the blue one that says 'tiger' on it. SOOO cute!

ooohhh i want one of them ticker thingys couldyou make me one too shadowrat? its a boy and im due 1st august! please please please...x

how is everyone today?

i have ordered my buggy too i got the silvercross travel system thingy in tokoyo denim blue what has everyone else got or thinking of gettin???

Right now, I'm off to make curtains, as OH went out this morning and picked up all the bits I need :happydance:

You'll have to post a pic when you finish them! I think it's fabulous that you are making so much stuff! Your little Vincey has one crafty mommy! :happydance::happydance: I love to cross stitch, but sewing my own stuff? That's where I cross the line! :rofl: Are you hand stitching or using a machine? Every time I use a sewing machine I end up yelling out streaming lines of curse words. :rofl:

Awwww Zoya cute stuff!! And your pram looks mighty cool, too!

Nic, no probs about the blinkie: I will make it now and PM you with details and how to use it etc. :D RE: Prams, we've got the Urban Detour Xtreme in khaki green, it is a really nice pram and we got it at a bargain price second hand (but in perfect condition) - it was just £80, and it is a 4-in-1 so it's got a carry cot / car seat, the newborn pram setup and the older baby / toddler pushchair setup too :D We love it!

You'll have to post a pic when you finish them! I think it's fabulous that you are making so much stuff! Your little Vincey has one crafty mommy! :happydance::happydance: I love to cross stitch, but sewing my own stuff? That's where I cross the line! :rofl: Are you hand stitching or using a machine? Every time I use a sewing machine I end up yelling out streaming lines of curse words. :rofl:

Hehehe thanks Cleck :winkwink: OH and I were just saying how good it feels to know that so much of his nursery is handmade / crafted / adjusted by me / us!! I've now made one of the curtains, and it is AWESOME, I am very proud! Just having a sit-down break before I finish the second one, and then I will take pics to show you all!! You can marvel at my skills hehehe!

As for hand stitching / sewing machine, I do have a sewing machine, but haven't used it in a loooong time so I think I'd have to learn all over again! But actually, with these curtains, so far I've been very sneaky and managed to avoid hand stitching too: I'm just using magic hemming tape, and if it turns out that that isn't strong enough in places then I will touch it up with hand stitching, but so far it looks very good! And no nasty messy stitching or anything! :happydance:

Now I'm gonna finish my cup of tea, make nic's blinkie and carry on with the curtains!
:D

Shadow xx

All done for you my dear :D

I've PMed you :)

Shadow x x x

Thank you Shadow, I love it :happydance:.

Good luck with your curtains!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"