Official August Mummies Club!!

You'll have to post a pic when you finish them! I think it's fabulous that you are making so much stuff! Your little Vincey has one crafty mommy! :happydance::happydance: I love to cross stitch, but sewing my own stuff? That's where I cross the line! :rofl: Are you hand stitching or using a machine? Every time I use a sewing machine I end up yelling out streaming lines of curse words. :rofl:
I decided that I should take on the task of making Lincolns sheets, blankets, bumpers for the crib (since hubby's making the crib), and curtains. I didn't take into account when making that decision, though, that I hadn't sewn a thing in over six years! :rofl: So, I practiced by hemming curtains in the living room that were much too long. It doesn't look *too* bad, keeping in mind that I'm definitely no seamstress. Hopefully Lincoln's stuff doesn't just look like crap. (I use a machine only. If I sewed anything by hand it wouldn't hold for very long.)

Much luck to you than W4B! Those machines are evil business. :rofl: I always get going with a good flow and than either the needle breaks or the tension screws up or the thread gets bunched up underneath. It is just always a mess for me! :rofl::rofl: Something always seems to go wrong. So the damn things ends up practically thrown back into it's case and I shove it away for another time that I'm feeling crafting for sewing. :hissy:

i am going to be having ago at making curtains for lucas' room.

got woken up this morning thinking oh was poking me in my tummy in the middle about 2inch above belly button but when i woke up fully oh wasnt there and it was lucas lol

Hi Girls

how are we all today? im feeling really really tired! im off to a bbq at my mums today so looking forward to that! whats everyone else doing??? my lil man has been kicking me like mad all morning! think hes gonna be a morning child aaargggg help im not a morning person! has anyone else got a gtt booked in?? i have mine in a couple of weeks! i know i have done it before but im not loking forward to it i hate needles! its bad enough they take blood twice in pregnancy let alone another time lol!

Shadowrat- thank you so so so much for my blinkie i love it and thank you for the instructions on how to put it up! that was going to be my next question haha read my mind! your buggy sounds great and what a bargin! i bet its gorgeous! did u find it on ebay or is it off a friend! you sound really crafty making curtians! thats amazing im useless at that sort of stuff but i love one off stuff that nobody else has or personalised bits too i wish i was clever like that!!

waitingforbaby - im sure the bits you make for lincoln will be lovely! as i said to shadowrat itsnice to have stuff that noone else has n u must feel a sense of pride when u have made it and finished it yourself:happydance: also u can make it just the way u want it! its good if u have a theme! i had a theme with my second child (bumblebees) so it was really difficult gettin bits for him! i managed it tho! bless him we all call him bumble now! hes not going to like that when hes 16 haha!

all this crafy business is making me wanna have ago im that useless i wouldnt know where to start hehe!

hope your all ok! :)

looking forward to speaking to u all again soon

nic...x

oh yea forgot to say thank you cleckner04 i noticed you added me to the due date list!

me, too, my GTT is three weeks today, so I'll be 27+4. I don't care about needles and the like, I care that it's on a Friday morning at 9am. I work Friday late shift (5pm-1am) and like to stay in bed till at least lunchtime!

that was screwed today as well because I had a dentist appointment at 10, to get a filling replaced, but fortunately I only waited 10 minutes (last time I waited 45 mins) and the appointment only took 15 mins. The tooth was prepared last time and a temp filling put in, so she only had to take that out and put the new one in. And no anaesthetic this time, so it hurt in places but nothing too unbearable (well, fleetingly unbearable) - and no numb mouth for the next 3 hours!

Baby has been SO quiet the last couple of days, I don't like it. Though doppler says he's still in there...

Sorry that I have been quite lately. I hadn't done much buying yet. I won't do that until my extra money comes at the end of June. Might sound great, but I am working 2 extra jobs to get it!!! Cleck, OH went for the wall ideal of three blue and one yellow. James' kick intensity has increased greatly and he actually made me jump yesterday quite a few times. I am not used to it!! It is a great feeling to know that in the next week and few days I will be viable!! I get that wonderful GTT at 28 wks with my rhogem shot. What a fun day that will be!! I told OH he might want to take the day off for that one as it seems the earliest they have ever been able to get me in to my dr is 9:45 so it would not be worth him driving to another city to go to work for a few hours. I wish I could upload just the pics of what I intend on doing for James. I know its not a tradition cot, but my nephews seemed to sleep well in them (tho they were boring green haha). I wanted a crib/cot at first but our room is so small that I was afraid that it might be cluttered and OH HATES clutter! I will try later to put links/pics in if you are interested. Maybe someone can tell me how?

Thanks xxx

One week until I'm viable....EEP. I wish it would hurry up. Luckily, we're at a wedding tomorrow, then we're off to Rome for a few days on Sunday, and then it's my thirtieth birthday party. So I imagine the week will pass nice and quickly :)

Shadow... you made me laugh out loud... that is sooo cute and hilarious with your teddy bear... I remember being so excited with the first baby...

This being the 4th time.. I have tubs to go through and it is feeling more like a chore... I haven't even started... but I know when I pull those cute little newborn clothes out.. I will be excited... it is just the getting motivated to do it bit...

I got the sugar drink so I need to do the glucose test in the next week or so... really really hate that test.... yuck...

Also talked to the doc about the contractions I had the other day.. she said a wild baby can cause your uterus to contract.. and this baby is definitely wild... when she put the doppler on to listen the baby kicked it hard every where she put it... she said "yep .. you've got a wild one..." great ... that is all I need with #4 :rofl:

I think the only thing we may have to buy this time around is a new infant car seat... ours is 6 years old and they say that safety is in question when they are 6 yr. old.. so maybe I will get to buy something new? :lol:

And my SIL had her little baby last night... #3.... little boy Cooper Douglas... can't wait to see him today...:wohoo:

Hi Girls

how are we all today? im feeling really really tired! im off to a bbq at my mums today so looking forward to that! whats everyone else doing??? my lil man has been kicking me like mad all morning! think hes gonna be a morning child aaargggg help im not a morning person! has anyone else got a gtt booked in?? i have mine in a couple of weeks! i know i have done it before but im not loking forward to it i hate needles! its bad enough they take blood twice in pregnancy let alone another time lol!

I went for a long walk with the dog today. We were out for about 2 hours i think. I'm beginning to regret it tho, cause my muscles are so soar. But atleast my back is happy.

Usually i get really tense on one side on my back, think i might be sitting crooked when i work or something.

It's such a great weather today. Finally some sun and heat and there is almost no snow left :D

Ok, I think I have figured this out...

Attachments

• swing.jpg
    swing.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 2
  • strollercarseat.jpg
    strollercarseat.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 2
  • packandgonursery.jpg
    packandgonursery.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 7
Awwww OC that stuff is soooo cute!!!

I'm gonna go easy on the spending on baby stuff for a few weeks now, as we are getting through our big baby list fairly well now, but our bank accounts are suffering a bit!! BUT saying that, I did buy the CUTEST little pair of 0-3 month pre-walker sandals in Tesco (of all places!) today :happydance: They are sooo cute, and they will go really nicely with the Monkey Suit and Dino coat and stuff hehe...

I didn't manage to finish the second curtain last night as I got too tired, but I'm going to try doing it now whilst OH cooks Normandy Pork for dinner (YUMMY!)
Things have been a bit of a challenge today, as I've decided the time has come for me to try to use my wheelchair in the house as much as possible. The doors etc. are plenty wide enough, but I'm still getting used to the little intricacies of my normal daily tasks from down here in my chair hehe...

Hope everyone is happy and healthy :D

:hug: to all,

Shadow x x x

Oh, and OMG, can I just say that Vincent is going kicking CRAZY today!! Really strong kicks, too, but it's lovely :D At least he isn't attacking my cervix lately *touch wood* !

xx

Ohh that stuff is so cute OC!

A colleague at my mother's work is giving us a bunch of baby things and apparently there's some baby clothes to go through. I hope to try and tackle this during the weekend but incredibly grateful for the assist. Less things to buy!

Got the paperwork to book the glucose test (not looking forward to it) but that won't be till the 2nd week in May.

Have an ultrasound appointment today to see if the cysts have started draining on their own or no. I'm incredibly worried (broke down crying this week) but trying to stay positive.

Shadow, hang in there with all the crazy kicking! Perhaps Vince will play football when he's little and is just practicing now?

Smith, congrats on the new member of the family! Sorry to hear that you'll be having a wild one on your hands.

Have an ultrasound appointment today to see if the cysts have started draining on their own or no. I'm incredibly worried (broke down crying this week) but trying to stay positive.

Awwww honey :hug: Do try to stay positive! It's easy to feel overwhelmed with it all, I know! Good luck with the ultrasound, let us know how it goes won't you?
:hugs:

...and...
Shadow, hang in there with all the crazy kicking! Perhaps Vince will play football when he's little and is just practicing now?
...UGH! I hope not!!!! :rofl: LOL OH and I will, of course, back him up and support him whatever his life choices turn out to be, but UGH, I would really rather he didn't turn out to be a footballer :rofl: Hehehehe.....

:winkwink:

Shadow xx

hi girls seems as if every one doing good. i need to stop buying to going a bit mad with buy and is hitting over bank balance hard. well ill be viable in 2 days cant wait take care xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->