Official August Mummies Club!!

i'm here! Great curtains Shadow - the theme is coming along nicely for your nursery - I can't wait to see it when it is all completed!!

Pippin - i am struggling with 5 day weeks at work after a long Easter break!! still only 5 weeks left until redundancy day - so not long!! and 2 bank holidays in there!1

We are selling our car so today we cleaned and photographed - it really feels like we are saying goodbye to our youth - trading in an Audi TT (it's gorgeous) for a sensible family car!! I'll be sad to se her go!! now we just need to decide what car we do want!!

My DH is off out tonight so I am looking forward to a night in, with rubbish tv and perhaps a smidgen of choclate icecream!!

What is everyone else up to this weekend - the weather has tayed bright here which is a pleasant suprise!!

:hugs: to all x

:happydance: Hiya Shiv honey :D
Sounds like a lovely evening with the chocolate ice cream etc... *drools* ughhh... chocolate....
We, too, considered trading our lovely sporty car for a big sensible family car, but we just couldnt quite go through with it!! We have played around a lot now, and have figured out how to make it work for us with dog, wheelchair and baby and us! But then again, ours has 4 seats and a MASSIVE boot (It's a Ford Cougar: Lovely car!!)
OH has just had some work done on it and it is due for a proper service soon too: We will be keeping it for a little bit longer, at least, and we will see how well we manage when baby is here :)

As for my weekend: We have nothing at all planned! I am hoping to have the energy to do some arty crafty stuff, as I seem to have the passion back for that kind of stuff again! Other than that, feet up and resting off these nasty aches and pains I think!

:hugs:

Oh, and the weather here has NOT stayed nice :( lol it has rained miserably today! :hissy: I hope we get it back next week!! Hehehe

xx

I'm here!!! Well, sorta - at work but being a bad MJ :D

Got home last night and Chris was acting weird and wouldn't say why... I was all worried and then he pointed to the ceiling - he'd fitted the new blackout blind on the skylight in our bedrom while I was at work and I never noticed!!! BAD MJ. *slaps wrists*

It was nice - but then at 5am I realised that we need blackout curtains downstairs, too... I got up to go to the loo and it was so bright that I thought I'd left a light on! See, we leave the living room door open at night for Betty, and the bedroom doesn't have a door on, so the light was flooding in the kitchen window (which has no covering) and the living room window (which has curtains but they don't have blackout linings).

Or we could close the door almost all the way and prop it ajar for Betty, that might work. SO dark in the bedroom though! It was lovely!

hello girls!!
Im having a teeny bit of a rotten day today i have an upset tummy (again??) and my youngest son has decided to go hyperactive on me, DH is at work and baby is kicking like her life depends on it!!
But i'm loving watching her move!!
Hope everyone else is aving a good day x x x x

P.s Shadow i LOVED those curtains i want to have a go now...

Hey everyone...

Shadow... love the curtains.. you are very crafty... :) and sorry you are having a bad day today... I hope you feel better soon...

Elly... always great to see the baby again... when do you see the Dr again?
Keep positive... I will be thinking of you.. :hugs:

Shiv... ice cream sounds nice.... maybe some rocky road... I had a root beer float yesterday... delicious.... MMMMMMMMM

Sam_Star... living the life of a preggo mom... kids can be crazy and usually when you aren't feeling tops... :hugs:

Well ive finally settled him down it just really unfortunate that he has to have cbeebies on!!! :rofl:

Hi Everyone...:hi:

hope you are doing well......
Shadow...i loved your curtain :happydance:..............well done........good job...........I also know a bit of sewing but I am a lazy person :dohh:

tmr you look great!!

I am having a nice weekend and enjoying sun :happydance:
did some shopping for :baby: and can't stop to stare them again n agin :D
have my scan on monday (doc said last time that she had 3d/4d scanner and will make 3d scan too :loopy:)
:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

Hi girls, sorry i've not been around much. not been feeling too fab!! Doing OK today tho :D Far too much to catch up on individually but I have to say

Shadow, fabby curtains, well done you :D Hope you are feeling a bit better now.

tmr, lovely bump hun :D

MJ, do you mind me asking where your blind came from? We have a velux window in LOs room and they all seem soooo expensive :D

Zoya, bet you can't wait for your scan, enjoy it :D

Hope you are all having a nice day xxx

Woohoo Zoya! 3d/4d scan sounds awesome! :D

Still exhausted here, but pain levels have gone down some, yay!

OH has just totally rearranged the lounge so that things work better with my wheelchair, it is LOVELY now, I have sooo much "wheelie room" hehe!! He was lugging furniture back and forth as I changed my mind again and again about where things should be :rofl: at least I have a patient one eh?! The only downside is that Tweek the rat now has to live in the other room, as his cage doesn't really have a spot in the lounge any more :( But I will make sure I don't neglect him in there!

It's definitely going to be a pizza night tonight, as neither of us has any energy for cooking! What's everyone else eatin' today???

Shadow xx

Vici, I got the blind from the Velux website. It was not cheap, £90 including delivery, but the skylight is old (put in when the house was converted into flats in the mid 1980s) and I wanted to be sure it was definitely for the right model of window. :)

Shadow, pizza sounds good to me, even though I'm not the greatest of pizza fans! I'm having curry, which has been in the freezer, when I get home. I usually have fried chicken & chips from the chip shop on a Saturday after work but I had it on Wednesday and didn't sleep well after, am thinking it's a bit heavy for the evening now. :( my stomach seems less capable of holding what it used to. oor at least it's less comfortable after. Chris is going to have left over frozen lasagne!

I really cant explain why but this little guy - :shock: - had me in stitches so thank you shadow xx

Vici, I got the blind from the Velux website. It was not cheap, £90 including delivery, but the skylight is old (put in when the house was converted into flats in the mid 1980s) and I wanted to be sure it was definitely for the right model of window. :)

Thanks hun, thats cheaper than some i've seen. Ours was the same (renovated from shop to bungalow in 1984). Does it have a pole to pull it down or is yours one you can reach?

Vici, it's reachable by my OH but I have to stand on something. It used to be the corner of the bed but then we moved the bed. Annoying because I can't easily open the window either and it's getting warmer... OH doesn't want me climbing ladders but we need to get a small step.

It's not a high-tech blind, not remote control (that would be great!), but it's a nice, neat manual slide mechanism. I'm happy with it!

There'll be a code on the inside edge of the window that you can put into the Velux website and get a quote for the exact window model.

I cant believe this has happened but my bourbon bicuit just fell in my tea and do you think DH would get a spoon -UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

Vici, it's reachable by my OH but I have to stand on something. It used to be the corner of the bed but then we moved the bed. Annoying because I can't easily open the window either and it's getting warmer... OH doesn't want me climbing ladders but we need to get a small step.

It's not a high-tech blind, not remote control (that would be great!), but it's a nice, neat manual slide mechanism. I'm happy with it!

There'll be a code on the inside edge of the window that you can put into the Velux website and get a quote for the exact window model.

Thank you, our problem is we are in a flat roofed bungalow so our inside room have large ceiling velux's. Because of this we can't reach them so they need to be on a pole or remote controlled (hence the money!!!) Need a blackout one for LOs room without a doubt so will have to keep hunting :D Thank you :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->