Officially no longer preventing..

disneydarling

Mama to a baby girl
Reaction score
Hi girls :)

I joined this website quite a while ago when I was feeling broody... LOL

Well anyway my husband and I made the official decision yesterday to not start trying but stop preventing! I've been on the pill for 9 years, and as of this morning I am no longer taking it.

I don't know if this is common or not but we are both terrified of not being able to get pregnant. I was put on the pill at 13 years old because I had heavy periods that were really really irregular, so this is a scary time for me to see what happens not taking it, I'm so scared that there will be something wrong with me. I can envision a lot of dr's appointments in my future :( In a way, I almost want to keep taking the pill so I can bury my head in the sand and not have to deal with it.

Regardless of this, we figured it's better to start trying sooner rather than later, because I have an awful feeling that it's going to take us a long time. The only thing I want in the whole world is to make us a family and I can't wait to see my husband as a dad, I know he will be the best! Hoping for a good 2012!! :flower:

Good Luck to you! I am fairly new here and hubby & I decided just over two months ago to stop preventing. Been on BCP for 7 1/2 years since my DD was born. (I also have a DS that is 12). This time my first month off of BCP was normal, the second month was normal as far as cycles go but Oh MY...PMS was Horrible! I would've swore I was preggo! Headed into month 3 now. Your body can change as you get older so maybe things will go well for you. Gotta think POSITIVE thoughts! (Pun intended) :) Baby Dust!

Welcome!

I also recently came off my pill and like you am thinking the worst about things. I'm still waiting for AF, last ended dec 1st. Seems to be taking forever to come round this time and I'm hoping my cycles get back to normal sharpish. Done a few tests but all negative.

Fingers crossed for you xx

LDC I hope your AF comes soon, it's such a confusing time isn't it coming off the pill, I really don't know what to expect from my body!

In the entire time I was on the pill I had one month off, and that month my AF came just a few days later than it would have if I had been taking the pill, so I'm hoping that something similar happens this time (knowing my luck, it wont :growlmad:)

Good luck, hope you get some good news soon!

You too!

I have the plan of waiting until the end of this month and then I am going to visit the doctor and see if they have any suggestions or ideas. Is it do bad wanting to know whether our bodies are coming or going?! :)

X

Hiya! I am in the same boat as you with the pill situation! Good luck to you and lots of :dust:

LDC I think that's a totally reasonable request! Its so crazy I didn't realise so many people had insane cycles when coming off BCP..

Thanks anorak!! Hope you also get some good news soon.

Hi all. I'm new to NTNP. I was with the TTC group...but it was making my crazy. So, I'm going to try a more chill approach. Mind if I join your forum?

Hi crzy welcome! I think ntnp is the way to go that way hopefully disappointment doesn't kick in so much. Well that's what I am trying to tell myself anyway! Xxx

:witch:Thanks LDC. I'm hoping it helps me chill out some. I REALLY thought I was pregnant this month. I think I was just tired from the holidays, with a little bug, and a messed up gut from too much holiday food (i.e., the road map for making yourself think you are preggo). Oh, well the :witch: is flying high right now.

I'm not sure I can make myself not fully try b/c I know when my O-day is...Any thoughts?

PS that witch wasn't supposed to be at the beginning and the edit option disappeared. Didn't want you to think I was calling anyone a witch...yikes! :)

I think it's helping me that I don't know, although I've had physical signs of O since coming off the pill!

I figure that as long as the bd-ing is for the bd-ing and not solely to conceive then your alright, I'm trying to enjoy the whole experience although it is extra depressing when you test or AF shows its ugly head... There needs to be an I between ntnp and ttc!

Have you been trying for very long?

Xx

A few months. It just seems to bring out the crazy in me really fast :dohh:. The hubby is really patient with me. Unfortunately the trying to conceive part isn't the crazy part for me (at least not yet), it is the TWW that kills me. That's why I'm not sure if ntnp angle will really work for me. I'm going to try to make myself not symptom spot and not test until after the :witch: is missed. Sounds good right, but how to do it...I'm not sure???

I'm going to do my best to keep myself busy. That shouldn't be too hard with 2 kids and a full time job :thumbup:.

:dust:

I think it's helping me that I don't know, although I've had physical signs of O since coming off the pill!

I figure that as long as the bd-ing is for the bd-ing and not solely to conceive then your alright, I'm trying to enjoy the whole experience although it is extra depressing when you test or AF shows its ugly head... There needs to be an I between ntnp and ttc!

Have you been trying for very long?

Xx

can you tell i really love the emoticons??? Wish they were so easy in email!

You'll definitely be kept busy! I'm focusing on my job to take my mind off things, this is our first so I guess it's worse for you because you know the symptoms from your last two!

Keep trying to distract yourself and countdown until after you've missed a period (I say that and want to test like every other day). I think it's more the disappointment factor isn't it... Did it take you long to conceive your other two? Xx

We really weren't trying for the other two. One was a surprise and after her we were letting the cards fall where they may. For this one, we kinda made up our minds to try. I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I think that's why I'm going nutso...

How long have you been playing baby bingo?

You'll definitely be kept busy! I'm focusing on my job to take my mind off things, this is our first so I guess it's worse for you because you know the symptoms from your last two!

Keep trying to distract yourself and countdown until after you've missed a period (I say that and want to test like every other day). I think it's more the disappointment factor isn't it... Did it take you long to conceive your other two? Xx

hello! new stalker :haha:

i came off the pill at the end of nov and had my first period inbetween xmas and new years. i was most worried about it being painful, but i felt nothing at all.
just waiting to see when the next one will arrive to see if they are regular.
good luck! :winkwink:

Hi crzy welcome! I think ntnp is the way to go that way hopefully disappointment doesn't kick in so much. Well that's what I am trying to tell myself anyway! Xxx

Trying to tell myself that too, but it's not helping!

hello! new stalker :haha:

i came off the pill at the end of nov and had my first period inbetween xmas and new years. i was most worried about it being painful, but i felt nothing at all.
just waiting to see when the next one will arrive to see if they are regular.
good luck! :winkwink:

Hi immimx! Good luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"