OH doesn't want too ... (am I the only one?)

Mii

Reaction score
Whenever I bring up the subject of baby starting to move and feeling movements he always says he wont want to feel it .. I mean, it bothers me a little but I know hes half joking and is just weirded out by the idea that something is literally inside of me and you can feel it lol He says too that when I am giving birth he will stand by my head (jokes about not being in the room lol) but that he doesn't want to see it actually like.. coming out lol (again doesn't upset me, as long as hes there Im happy) but I am just wondering if my OH is the only one or if others are kind of like this too? (oh and ps, this will be the first time OH experiences anything to do with pregnancy and children lol)

Does he realize that he'll still see everything? I mean, when you're pushing you typically pull your legs back so your head is pretty close to your lady parts. I know not all women give birth that way, but a good majority do. I had the idea last time that my mom would be by my head and not see anything, that just was not possible. She saw everything.

LOL looks like OH will get a show whether he wants one or not lmfao! (last time my mom and a close family friend was in the room and both didnt care whether they see'd or not but when it actually came time they were both holding my legs so they saw! haha

LOL looks like OH will get a show whether he wants one or not lmfao! (last time my mom and a close family friend was in the room and both didnt care whether they see'd or not but when it actually came time they were both holding my legs so they saw! haha

I'm sure he'll get caught in the moment and be holding your leg, haha.

My fiancé wants to feel the baby kick but doesn't wanna see him come out lol he will stand his post next to my head

My oh wants to feel baby but does not want to be in the room which is fine he will be in the room until it is time to push and then will leave but my mom will be with me (he is very squeamish though)

My OH loves to feel our LO move. He says he's actually jealous because I get to carry her for 9 months, and all he gets to do is feel her kick. The first couple of weeks though, he was impatient and didn't really enjoy putting his hand on my belly because he "couldn't feel it." How he couldn't feel it is beyond me. :dohh:

The other day I was watching birthing videos - kind of amping myself up for what's going to happen, and he would have no part of it :haha:. He's pretty squeamish, too. I'm a nursing student, and LOVE the Discovery Fit & Health channel - yet he can't STAND seeing the Emergency shows where people come in bleeding all over the place. I told him he better stand by my head so he doesn't pass out :haha:

My husband is ABSOUTLY disgusted by the feeling of baby moving, he tried once with our daughter and never again. im not even bothering asking this time.

having said that, he wont be down by my feet at all, he'll be by my shoulders. He has a weak stomach and i'd rather him not be there anyways.

This is my 3rd pregnancy but only OH's 2nd child. My last pregnancy was his first and he was weirded out by feeling baby move initially but grew to love it and just want to feel it all the time once it started happening. He grew much more connected after our 19 week ultrasound when we found out the gender. It became more "real" to him. And then he said he didn't want to look during the delivery but when they commented on seeing the baby's head, he said he just HAD to look and it wasn't weird or gross or anything at all... he could only focus on his daughter being born so hopefully yours is the same way and is just taking a little longer to warm up to it. Guys can't connect the same way we do given that they're not GROWING the baby like we are lol.

ah I understand, I know this is all new and weird to him so I am not getting upset that he isn't doing all the lovely-dovey-talk-to-my-stomach-stuff lol I know he is looking forward to this baby but is just getting through the change at his own pace. :)

Hmmm sounds exactly like my hubby . He is super squeamish and if he had his way he would be waiting outside in the corridor while I gave birth. As a compromise he said he Will stay by my head and just not look down south! Wimp!!!

with my first pregnancy my husband actually said ew when he felt the baby move, for some reason he was grossed out, but honestly he loves my kids, and he got used to it and after that loved watching my belly jiggle around.. as for the birth for religious reasons my husband actually cannot stand watching the baby come out , for some men this just isnt the way, girl there is a lot of stuff coming out besides the baby , blood, goo, its not for everyone, doesnt make him less of a dad , his job in labour is to be there and support you, thats how i feel :) x

my DH also doesnt want to touch my tummy out of fear of hurting me or the baby LOL

he said as soon as my tummy is firm he will however touch it ...

also he also wants to stand by my head while giving birth and doesnt want to see baby come out but he loved watching in the womb LOL so weird

My oh was like this. In the end he DID stand be my head and kept getting told to 'look daddy there's the babies head' grrr

I was in so much pain giving birth I couldn't have cared less who was or wasn't looking :) I honestly can't remember where DH was although probably nearer the head end as I was trying to break his hand at the time and I had my legs in stirrups as I had so much pain down my left side. He did cut the cord though, hes also a paramedic so used to seeing people splattered all over the road etc so not exactly squeamish :D

My husband doesn't to the lovey-dovey side of babybump appreciation - he doen't sit and talk to it or anything like that. He'll feel the bump when we're having a cuddle in bed and has felt movement then but otherwise I'd rather he was giving me a cuddle :) He was the same with our daughter and has been absolutely amazing with her from day 1.

My DH loves talking to my stomach & will of course be there and I'm sure see everything. I'm pushing a baby out all the guy has to do is watch?! I'd tell him to man up and get some balls if he were to not want to!

I can't believe what wimps some guys are.

My DH is kinda scared of my bump this is also the 1st time be has been about pregnant people and babies and he did feel baby kick the other day and it totally freaked him out but I am ok with that :thumbup: He will also be head end at the birth lol

My OH seems to be an odd one on this - he can't wait to get a full view of what's going on! I keep telling him that he might not want to sound as enthusiastic about it all the time, as it creeps me out a little :haha:

My DH was disgusted the last time over feeling the baby kick, anytime I even touched my stomach he'd freak out telling me to stop that I was hurting the baby. :dohh: I won't even ask him to this time.
As for watching the baby being born, I prefer him by my head anyways :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->