Oh ill because he didn't store food properly!

Twister

Reaction score
My oh has been up being sick etc with a dodgy tummy tonight. I would have sympathy but it's is own fault really. Yesterday he bought this 5 piece box of frozen southern fried chicken (2 legs, 3 thighs), from asda to have for his dinner when he got home from work today, the instructions on the box clearly say to store in the freezer and to cook from frozen, well what does my oh do? Sticks it in the fridge for over 24 hours even though I did tell him you're not supposed to but he was all like "don't worry it will be fine, you don't have to follow instructions for everything you know":dohh: tbh when it comes to chicken, even the processed kind surely it's better to be safe and follow storage instructions?

He's always moaning at me for following instructions on things but tbh I'd rather store food properly like it says on the packaging than risk getting ill from it! He keeps blaming the chicken itself, and said next time he will make his own southern fried chicken which is fine as it will probably be healthier, but I just know that if he put it in the freezer he would have been fine. I don't know why he didn't anyway tbh, it's not like it needed defrosting before eating! Hopefully he's ok and this will be a little lesson for him, he's always ignoring storage instructions for food and acting like he knows better:roll:

Silly question but can you get food poisoning from processed chicken? I'd imagine you can if it's not stored properly, it was in the fridge from around 2pm Sunday till 5pm Monday so... Hopefully he'll be ok and it's just an upset tummy as opposed to full blown food poisoning.

Are you sure it was the chicken? We've often taken some chicken breast or mince out the freezer on the morning, left it to defrost thinking we'd be using it that night but then decided to have takeaway :blush: so put the chicken into the fridge and had it the next day. We've never been ill. x

I can't think of what else it might have been. He had jacket potato with it, surely it can't have been the potato? The thing is with fresh chicken is that I'm sure it's ok to store in the fridge for a certain amount of time as it usually needs defrosting anyway, and it's kept in the fridge section of the supermarket. This kind of chicken didn't have anything on the packaging about storing it in the fridge, in fact I'm sure it might have said not to and to keep it frozen? Either way he's sick from something the poor guy! He's had to take the day off work.

I think it is the chicken..did he cook it properly..if it had been left defrosted it would have needed practically incinerating lol xx

It was just cooked as per the instructions, I probably should have made him cook it for longer tbh, not that he would have listened! He's so casual when it comes to food and just completely ignores instructions and guidelines on the packaging, I'm the complete opposite and can be a bit ott about it and he thinks it's rediculous lol. But at least I don't get ill from my food! Hopefully he will be ok and this will be a lesson for him, instructions are there for a reason!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->