OH is harder work than LO. Update pg 1

My OH always has a bath/dinner/xbox/gets ready 100% alone..
Me..... I ALWAYS have to take LO in bathroom with me, eat my dinner with her trying to steal my food, watch tv with her pulling my hair/wanting to be played with etc..
X

:hugs: What is with all the sodding useless husbands being ranted about in here lately, they all need a kick up the bum. Mine included. He's off from work (man flu :haha: ) and I'm up with LO first thing in the morning as usual. Siiiiigh.... he was OK enough to be on the Playstation all day yesterday...

What I tend to do with my OH, because if I didn't he would be like your OH still in bed, I give him choices such as 'do you want to have the first shower or the second?' or 'do you want to feed the baby, or get Evan up and sort his breakfast'. I find if I give him choices of the things to do he has to pick one and he can't have the option of nothing. Bit of reverse pshycology always does the trick!! Try it, I swear by it!!! x

lol, i do this, too, but i have heard this exact same advice given as a way to deal with toddlers! men really are just like children sometimes! :haha:

a friend posted this on facebook, thought you might find it amusing:

A man came home from work and found his three children outside, still in their pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn all around the front yard.
The door of his wife's car was open, as was the front door to the house and there was no sign of the dog. Proceeding into the entry, he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one wall.
In the front room the TV was loudly blaring a Cartoon channel, and the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing.
In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on the counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back door.
He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she might be ill, or that something serious had happened.
He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out the bathroom door. As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap and more toys strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls.
As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the bed in her pajamas, reading a novel. She looked up at him, smiled, and asked how his day went.
He looked at her bewildered and asked, 'What happened here today?'
She again smiled and answered, 'You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me what in the world do I do all day?'
'Yes,' was his incredulous reply.
She answered, 'Well, today I didn't do it.'

perhaps we should all give it a try!

forgot to add my hubby rant!

this evening, as he was putting on his pj's ready to lounge in front of the tv he asked me if i had washed his work trousers (for some reason he has 3 pairs of trousers for the gym, and only one for work :dohh:). we have been out all weekend, and i have only washed the towels which he asked me to do as he needs one for the gym. the trousers were buried under a pile of washing in the bedroom. when i told him that, no, i hadn't for the above reasons he had a right strop. when i pointed out that, at the weekend, there is no reason why he can't put a load of washing on he said that he doesn't because i have 'taken over' the washing in the last few months, and he 'thought he could trust me'! so he dug out an old pair of trousers, which are too tight, and proceeded to moan about it. so i washed the trousers and have stayed up until the wash finished, but now i have no idea how i am supposed to dry them, as we don't have a tumble drier and there is no way i am putting the heating on and cooking us all. looks like it's tight trousers for him tomorrow. :haha:

forgot to add my hubby rant!

this evening, as he was putting on his pj's ready to lounge in front of the tv he asked me if i had washed his work trousers (for some reason he has 3 pairs of trousers for the gym, and only one for work :dohh:). we have been out all weekend, and i have only washed the towels which he asked me to do as he needs one for the gym. the trousers were buried under a pile of washing in the bedroom. when i told him that, no, i hadn't for the above reasons he had a right strop. when i pointed out that, at the weekend, there is no reason why he can't put a load of washing on he said that he doesn't because i have 'taken over' the washing in the last few months, and he 'thought he could trust me'! so he dug out an old pair of trousers, which are too tight, and proceeded to moan about it. so i washed the trousers and have stayed up until the wash finished, but now i have no idea how i am supposed to dry them, as we don't have a tumble drier and there is no way i am putting the heating on and cooking us all. looks like it's tight trousers for him tomorrow. :haha:

This is something husband does too! He has a giant pile of clothes in the bedroom and I do not know what is clean or dirty so as much as it pains me I have left them, and he keeps moaning he doesn't have any clothes/work clothes but he still has not sorted the clothes out:dohh::dohh:

Silly men!!! :haha::haha:

xXx

a friend posted this on facebook, thought you might find it amusing:

A man came home from work and found his three children outside, still in their pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn all around the front yard.
The door of his wife's car was open, as was the front door to the house and there was no sign of the dog. Proceeding into the entry, he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one wall.
In the front room the TV was loudly blaring a Cartoon channel, and the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing.
In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on the counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back door.
He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she might be ill, or that something serious had happened.
He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out the bathroom door. As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap and more toys strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls.
As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the bed in her pajamas, reading a novel. She looked up at him, smiled, and asked how his day went.
He looked at her bewildered and asked, 'What happened here today?'
She again smiled and answered, 'You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me what in the world do I do all day?'
'Yes,' was his incredulous reply.
She answered, 'Well, today I didn't do it.'

perhaps we should all give it a try!

:haha: that made me laugh think I may try that. My OH is useless too sometimes not all the time. I have heard the ' I work full time you should try it and I will stay at home with lo' haha you must be joking I would come back to the house looking like a bomb had hit it and my OH sitting on the floor with lo playing the xbox. What is it with men their all the same. Arghhh cant live with them, cant live without them lol x

I just posted about being frustrated with my OH 11 days into parenthood. Sigh. It looks like things probably won't be changing anytime soon, thanks for posting this & letting me know LOL.

I just posted about being frustrated with my OH 11 days into parenthood. Sigh. It looks like things probably won't be changing anytime soon, thanks for posting this & letting me know LOL.

Hope things improve for you. Sadly my OH just seems to have got worse.

What I tend to do with my OH, because if I didn't he would be like your OH still in bed, I give him choices such as 'do you want to have the first shower or the second?' or 'do you want to feed the baby, or get Evan up and sort his breakfast'. I find if I give him choices of the things to do he has to pick one and he can't have the option of nothing. Bit of reverse pshycology always does the trick!! Try it, I swear by it!!! x

Works for me too :haha:

You've got to be devious with these blokes and TBH i wouldn't bother trying to keep the LO quiet, get them to make more noise so staying in bed isn't really that attractive ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->