Oh my Gosh I am so embarrassed right now

Catrina123

Reaction score
have had urine incontinence for a few weeks now. Its been made worse because of a cold I basically pee on myself anytime I have a coughing fit. I have been wearing pads and its not helping. Today I attended my German class and had a coughing fit in the class and peed on myself. Luckily I had long shirt on and it wasn't noticeable as I shamefully walked out of class and went home but it made me so embarrassed. Is there something wrong with me? Is this normal during pregnancy and can I do anything to prevent it?

It's normal unfortunately. It doesn't happen to everyone though. I haven't full on peed myself yet but I do wear Poise liners for light incontinence. You can try kegels but they don't help for everyone.

At work the other day I was photocopying and sneezed and on the second sneezed totally peed! Not a lot, but enough that I felt it! Sadly it is normal :(

Don't feel bad. It happens and you can't control it. Just this morning it happened to me. Without any notice I sneezed in the washroom just as I was going to sit down. It missed the pad and was on the freshly launderd undies. Gahh! Lucky this happened before I left the house.

I switched and bought actual incontinence pads instead of sanitary pads. my husband was nice enough to walk up behind me in the store the other day and tap me on the bum...he scared me and woops...wet undies. We were 2 hours from home so I made him buy me new underwear and he has still not stopped apologizing. :haha: I try to laugh it off but it does get hard sometimes.

I bought incontinence pads, too. I had it a little with my first baby, but it is baaaaaaad with this one. Try to do at least 100 kegels every day! It's supposed to help... I always forget until I pee or almost pee on myself and then suddenly remember to do them. ;)

I sneeze and dribble now and did loads with dd, its one of the down sides of being pregnant im afraid

Unfortunately i have had this since having Adrian :(
Only with really big coughs/sneezes... some days are better than others.
Not much help, but you aren't alone! :hugs:

Doing my pelvic floor exercises now!!!

Yup, and me! Normally with coughing and sneezing fits, it requires a huge amount of concentration not to wee myself lol if it takes me a bit off guard, its game over!

Well sorry you are all going through this as well but its good to know I am not the only one. I will do the Kegals and more exercises. I have to admit I have been slacking on exercises because I am tired from work, school, and housework. I know that's no excuse so I will try to be better about it.

To this day, even when not pregnant, I can't jump on a trampoline. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->