OH NOOOO!! parmesan!!

Pink_Tinks

Reaction score
oh dear me.

So, lasagne for dinner. Decided to make it before i cleaned the kitchen so i can just cook it later, so thats done.

Have a look at the parmesan box to see how to store it, and read
'made with unpasturised milk'

OOOHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! what happens if i eat it?!?! there isnt much in the lasagne so... i dunno what to do! I have no dinner else and OH will have to eat the whole thing lol (sure he wont mind, greedy sod!!)

did you put the parmesean in before you cooked the lasgnae? If so I would think it should be ok, but not sure.

I have eaten some, i didn't realise it was un pasturised...

I wouldn't worry too much about it honey. Having it once, this far on is very unlikely to harm the baby at all :)

Since you cooked it, its fine.

It's ok if you baked it with the lasagna. If you ate it uncooked, well, there's always a small chance of catching listeria but the odds are very low. Don't beat yourself about it and think twice next time!

I have been eating uncooked parmesan all along, I have been following the advice from the Food Standards Agency and they have it as a food not to avoid:

https://www.eatwell.gov.uk/agesandstages/pregnancy/whenyrpregnant/

Eaten LOADS during pregnancy, pretty sure that it's safe

Parmasan is made with unpasturised milk, however, because it is a hard cheese then there is no risk of listeria. IT is fine to eat during pregnancy!

omg!! i sooo did not know this :| i have lasange or spag bol atleast once a week and i cover it in the stuff after its cooked! oh nooo ! hope it hasnt done anything!!! its bloody yummy tho! but i wont use it now... it was the same with tirimasu..i didnt know it have that cheese in u cant eat cant member what its called but i was propa gutted when i found out as its my fave :( oh my i could just do with spag bol with loads of parazan and then tirimasu for pud haha oh well one month left! im sure ul be fine to eat it :) spesh if its been cooked into the lasange x

omg!! i sooo did not know this :| i have lasange or spag bol atleast once a week and i cover it in the stuff after its cooked! oh nooo ! hope it hasnt done anything!!! its bloody yummy tho! but i wont use it now... it was the same with tirimasu..i didnt know it have that cheese in u cant eat cant member what its called but i was propa gutted when i found out as its my fave :( oh my i could just do with spag bol with loads of parazan and then tirimasu for pud haha oh well one month left! im sure ul be fine to eat it :) spesh if its been cooked into the lasange x

Not all brands of parmesan are made with raw milk so you can check labels and find one that's safe for you. If you're using the powdered kind, it's not really parmesan cheese anyway so it's ok!

Ive ate parmasan loads of times, i didnt realise u werent supposed to....

we had lasagne tonite too lol

Apparently a lot of people say it's safe because it's a hard cheese. I've avoided it though and I usually put heaps on when not preg. Especially avoided the Asda one because it actually says on it "Not suitable for pregnant women" xx

OMG! I've been so careful to try to eat the right things, I've eaten Asda parmesan loads all the way through! Just checked the one I've got in my fridge and you're right, it says it's not suitable for pregnant women, have never even bothered to look before-how come of the millions of things I've known not to eat, I've never EVER heard that you shouldn't eat parmesan??

People have been having kids since the beginning of time and there hasn't always been food guidelines. Plus some people even now are pregnant to full term without even realising and eat regular stuff and have healthy babies. Dont worry! :)
I had a dippy egg and soliders the other week with my pregnancy brain on, and I'm fine.

I've just been to acheese and wine evening and eaten all sorts of different cheeses, I just avoided the soft ones and goats,ive no idea if they were pasturised or not and tbh don't care. Guidelines are different from country tocountry so I'll take it with a pinch of salt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->