OH performance anxiety - 6 BFPs so far!!!!

I am a bit subtle on ovulation dates - I tend to have to just grit my teeth when before I get chance to comment he tells me that he's tired!
However, a couple of weeks ago on holiday when there was a superb opportunity, although maybe not ovulation time I was toooo tired!!!
Anyway my cycle is a bit mucked up this month. I don't know what's going on!

I am a bit subtle on ovulation dates - I tend to have to just grit my teeth when before I get chance to comment he tells me that he's tired!
However, a couple of weeks ago on holiday when there was a superb opportunity, although maybe not ovulation time I was toooo tired!!!
Anyway my cycle is a bit mucked up this month. I don't know what's going on!

Sigh, it is hard isn't it? I know, I have been too tired too and got so stressed last month. I swear, I have done everything in my power for the past month not to even talk about ttc, it can be exhausting!

Trying to be a bit more positive and laid back this month. I am hoping our holiday next month will be good timing!

What's going on with your cycle? Is AF due soon?

Mine is between 27 and 35 days, although more normally not more than 30 days, think being stressed has affected things more recently.

Well, about a day before AF was due the digital ovulation kit told me I had reached peak fertility having "told" me I had high fertility from earlier on in the month until day 26 - maybe day 13. So AF is due about two weeks from last thursday around about 20th April. Usually my cycle is 27 to 29 days but I can't work out how I have managed to delay ovulation for nearly two weeks! I went on an overseas holiday which I often find stressful, packing, flights, airports etc. I now have the symptoms that I often get in the 2WW before AF.
OH did comment at the weekend that it must be nearly "project" time but I am so confused! Roll on 20th!! Not having AF for 6 weeks will be a bit odd though!

That does sound odd! Mind you, my period is often late by around a week if I go away, even it it's just somewhere in the UK! I got a bit confused with all of your dates, but sounds like your period is late. Have you thought about doing a test or have you already done one?

Period is late - not quite a week - will be a week on friday or saturday.
Just the fact that kit showed peak fertility on the day before AF was due is confusing me and I wonder whether period will show up 13-15 days later.

Haven't done a test yet. If it weren't for the o kit, I would be blissfully unaware of my very odd peak date and probably would be thinking about doing one.

Not sure I can bear waiting for another week or so to see if AF arrives very late though so may give in to find an answer! Arggh! I've been waiting for ages for this time to arrive and now it could be - I've become a wimp!

I even missed my blood donor appointment tonight as they ask is there any chance you could be pregnant - and I'm not sure what I would answer!! And they would send me away.

I have always said that I'll wait until I'm a week late until I test. So far I haven't been longer than a week late, have been very tempted to test thought, but was glad I waited (in the end AF showed up) as I'm worried I might get addicted to doing tests!

P.S. Fingers crossed for you and GL!!!

I have ordered a cheap HPT off ebay which probably will arrive Monday or Tuesday next week. I think if AF hasn't arrived by the time the HPT arrives it will be a sign to test!

I really cannot get my hopes up though in case the holiday mucked up my cycle.
I admit, they are a tiny bit!!

Good luck and good plan! Nothing wrong with getting your hopes up...........

How long have you been ttc for? Will this be your 1st?

Trying for my first! I will be 39 at the end of June :( Birthdays make me sad. I was even sad when we entered 2012 as I knew it was the year I turned 39. Looks really odd written down because I don't feel it!
I suppose I came off the pill about two years ago but because of shift work I can't say we have actually been trying all that time! Sometimes we just don't get together!
I have made my husband more aware of the project in the last 6 months before that although he knew I wasn't on the pill we weren't really concentrating on it.
I have waited because until now I don't think it has been the right time.
Husband is 48 - not that he acts it!!!
How is it with you?

It will happen! I am feeling better now I've gotten over the initial disappointment. This was the first month since ttc (past 7 months) that we were actually in with a chance.

Thank you, how are you doing anyway? Have you had a good month? How long have you been ttc?

Wow, you're over in Canada, never been there but always wanted to.

I want to insert some baby dust but don't know how!!!!

Hi Sara:flower:, Yes, I'm in Canada, the West Coast, in BC to be exact.

We've been NTNP for over 10 years but seriously TTC for about 6 cycles. I'm not as stressed out anymore because I'm going to be doing IVF in a couple of months. We're still trying to get a baby naturally in the meantime though.

I'm 4 DPO now and in the 2WW. Hopefully I'll get the BFP. Hope you are doing well. :dust::dust::dust:

Btw, just click on more in the smilies section to the right. The pop-up window will have the option for baby dust.:thumbup:

It will happen! I am feeling better now I've gotten over the initial disappointment. This was the first month since ttc (past 7 months) that we were actually in with a chance.

Thank you, how are you doing anyway? Have you had a good month? How long have you been ttc?

Wow, you're over in Canada, never been there but always wanted to.

I want to insert some baby dust but don't know how!!!!

Hi Sara:flower:, Yes, I'm in Canada, the West Coast, in BC to be exact.

We've been NTNP for over 10 years but seriously TTC for about 6 cycles. I'm not as stressed out anymore because I'm going to be doing IVF in a couple of months. We're still trying to get a baby naturally in the meantime though.

I'm 4 DPO now and in the 2WW. Hopefully I'll get the BFP. Hope you are doing well. :dust::dust::dust:

Btw, just click on more in the smilies section to the right. The pop-up window will have the option for baby dust.:thumbup:

Glad you are not stressed, good luck with trying and your IVF.

I am CD10 today, don't track ovulation but think it it probably around CD15-20 somewhere so had better get busy soonish!!!!:dust:

Trying for my first! I will be 39 at the end of June :( Birthdays make me sad. I was even sad when we entered 2012 as I knew it was the year I turned 39. Looks really odd written down because I don't feel it!
I suppose I came off the pill about two years ago but because of shift work I can't say we have actually been trying all that time! Sometimes we just don't get together!
I have made my husband more aware of the project in the last 6 months before that although he knew I wasn't on the pill we weren't really concentrating on it.
I have waited because until now I don't think it has been the right time.
Husband is 48 - not that he acts it!!!
How is it with you?

Well, I am almost the same age as you, but we have only been trying for 7-8 months. We were properly trying, but it took a bit of getting used to at the start, then got very stressful, problems with OH finishing all the time. We are now NTNP and have been successful a couple of times recently, but it still doesn't feel back to normal and I think he still finds it quite stressful. I get stressed worrying about whether he will get stressed so we are both a couple of stressheads it is so stressful!

Having said that, we have a great relationship and I am going to try and be more chilled out this month.....

I know what you mean about birthdays, I really want to give birth before I am 40, I don't know why, it is only a number after all and doesn't mean anything really! I hope this/next month is our month.............:)

Hi SaraJewel
I've done a HPT this morning and if I am not mistaken - this month is my month!

Hi SaraJewel

Oh My God that is amazing!!!!! So super happy for you! I guessed you wouldn't be able to wait til next week x :thumbup:

Hi SaraJewel

How are you feeling??!!

Meant to ask, how did you get over the whole performance anxiety issue with your OH? We haven't gotten off to the best start this month and I am started to feel stressed out already :sad1:

I am really happy about your news tho, congrats again :happydance:

Hello!
Just booked my first midwife appointment. It seems they take your word for it on the HPT and I don't need to see my doctor. I did just buy one of those clearblue ones that gives you an idea of timing. Fortunately it confirmed that I am apparently pregnant! That's a relief.
The performance anxiety thing - hmmm! I suppose I told him almost straight after my period finished that it was a good week! But wasn't overly exact on dates. It stressed me out when I knew it was an important date and he wasn't around. Once we started on a roll it was easier to continue having regular sex. Rather than it being a mission! I don't know how we managed last month!!

Feel a bit bad that the midwife asked me for the date of my last period as I knew she would and I am not too sure!! Not sure I recorded it too well! Oops!
I have my fingers tightly crossed that nothing will go wrong. It's horrid but I keep expecting to go to the toilet and find that my period has started. I guess I'll get out of that habit.
A few people at work know - sadly they know before my family do but their paths don't cross so all will be fine!
Good luck though and I recommend pre-seed, tmi, but it makes for more of an enjoyable experience.

Just wanted to give some hope to those ladies who's husbands have issues that you only need to have sex once to get that BFP. My husband can't finish if he's stressed and he's very easily stressed. We only manage sex about once every 2 months, so when we were ttc I tracked my cycles and used opks, so that I could make that one time count. It took 3 times before I managed to get my OH to :sex: in my fertile window, but that was all it took and I got my BFP 2 weeks later. I was 35 at the time (And only one month away from turning 36).
:dust:

Hello!
Just booked my first midwife appointment. It seems they take your word for it on the HPT and I don't need to see my doctor. I did just buy one of those clearblue ones that gives you an idea of timing. Fortunately it confirmed that I am apparently pregnant! That's a relief.
The performance anxiety thing - hmmm! I suppose I told him almost straight after my period finished that it was a good week! But wasn't overly exact on dates. It stressed me out when I knew it was an important date and he wasn't around. Once we started on a roll it was easier to continue having regular sex. Rather than it being a mission! I don't know how we managed last month!!

Feel a bit bad that the midwife asked me for the date of my last period as I knew she would and I am not too sure!! Not sure I recorded it too well! Oops!
I have my fingers tightly crossed that nothing will go wrong. It's horrid but I keep expecting to go to the toilet and find that my period has started. I guess I'll get out of that habit.
A few people at work know - sadly they know before my family do but their paths don't cross so all will be fine!
Good luck though and I recommend pre-seed, tmi, but it makes for more of an enjoyable experience.

Aww, it all sounds great, I am so pleased for you and I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! I am trying to stay calm and carry on, nearly lost it last night got so stressed but feeling much calmer today!

All the very best for your pregnancy and your new addition :happydance:

Just wanted to give some hope to those ladies who's husbands have issues that you only need to have sex once to get that BFP. My husband can't finish if he's stressed and he's very easily stressed. We only manage sex about once every 2 months, so when we were ttc I tracked my cycles and used opks, so that I could make that one time count. It took 3 times before I managed to get my OH to :sex: in my fertile window, but that was all it took and I got my BFP 2 weeks later. I was 35 at the time (And only one month away from turning 36).
:dust:

I was just thinking, I wonder if anyone has any success story, and here is yours! Thank you for sharing, we have had a couple of successful attempts recently over the past 7 months in terms of completing the act, but no BFP so far! So I suppose things are getting better.............

Thanks again!!!

SaraJewel
My other top tip - I think I heard it on a day time show too - after you had have bd - stay laying down, don't get up for at least 20 minutes!
Good luck to you!
And following Seity's message I am pretty sure that last month we only manage to bd once in the fertile window!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->