Oh, the pain :(

Ashersmomma

Reaction score
The last few days I have been having some serious pain that starts at just above my hips in the back and shoots down my leg. Mainly on the left side but occasionally on the right. I can deal with it in the mornings. It just aches then. About mid day I start getting occasional pains that will almost bring me to my knees. By evening I can barely walk :( I've been laying on the couch on my side with a pillow between my legs for some relief. But just last night when I shifted(kind of squeezed my thighs together) I felt my hips clicking. Has anyone else experienced this? I know I never had this with my DS. I have an appointment with my OB tomorrow and will discuss it with him(along with the fact that I haven't been able to hear our if one ear for a week) but I was hoping maybe there was sometime in here that has dealt with this so I kind of know what to expect and so I can have a little knowledge before hand to be able to discuss it with my OB a bit better.

I've had this, for me it was in one leg from my bum cheek all down the side/back of my leg. I couldn't walk at all I had to get OH to practically carry me to bed.

Nothing I did took the pain away but it did eventually go away on it's own, I still don't know what it was to this day!

I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks. I really hope it does go away soon. I don't think chasing after a toddler is helping very much.

Sounds like the baby is messing with your sciatic nerve. I haven't had that particular issue, but I do have the hips clicking thing... I can feel them go in and out of place a LOT, and often it's very painful. At times, I can't even move or put pressure on the leg that is out.

They told me this was due to the hormones causing your muscles to relax, and that there wasn't much they could do about it other than some physical therapy and/or pain management. :(

Sounds like sciatica... I get this a bit but haven't actually had it since being pregnant.
I always find a warm bath helps ease the pain. Also, Google exercises for sciatica. There are some things you can do that can in-pinch the nerve"

Man, I'm hoping I can find something for relief. My hips hurt worse than I've ever felt now. I'd figured since DD is smaller than DS was that she would cause less pain than he did, not more! With DS, I was working and on my feet all day. I'm so glad I'm not now as there is no way I can stand more than 10 minutes, and that's in agony, and I can barely sit up straight either :/

Got to talk to my OB today. LO is very low and is causing issues with my hips and hitting my sciatic nerve. Now both hips are affected, starting last night. He wants me to start wearing a support belt to help out. I was talking to my mom about it, and she said she had the same thing happen when she was pregnant with me.(I was the second born.) She actually ended up with her hips completely out of place. I really don't want that to happen, so I will be getting a belt and hoping it helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->