OH thinks we've gone overboard

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
We went through the gifts we've bought for our 3 year old yesterday and it did look like a lot. We've been buying over a long time when we've found good deals so we can afford it, but are we spoiling him? OH wants to put some away for his birthday but that's not until October.

We have got him:

-Big playmobil swimming pool set with working shower and fountain (got a great deal)
-Spiderman over shoe roller skates (again very cheap in sale)
-Lego juniors bat cave
-Working scales (he is very interested in measuring)
-3 Disney dvds
-Books
-Kerplunk

Plus stocking fillers:
-Play dough cutters and playdough
-Rolling pin
-Toy money
-Robot soap
-Muppet magnets

And for 1st December:
-Christmas PJs and dressing gown
-Lego advent calendar
-Christmas book

It looks like a lot all together, and of course he'll get stuff from family too.

I think that looks great! My girls' dad sent me a picture yesterday of what he has bought Paige and Ella and they have way way too much. But... It's only christmas once so I dont mind!

I think that looks about right IMO.
If you split it all into seperate piles it wont look so much. I did this the other day took a pic of ALL ds's presents n thought wow, then I seperated them and thought oh he doesnt have masses actually and we only have couple things left to buy so we pretty happy now.
At the end of the day its up to you. I keep looking at other peoples stashes and lists which are tripple the size of mine and worry ds wont be getting enough (our lists around same size as yours) but I don't want to fall into that trap. Everything we have bought we know ds will love so we are happy with that :thumbup:

It doesn't sound like too much to me esp. with his birthday being in October he won't have gifts for another 10 months.

Also some will go on 1st of December and if you are like our family stocking will be first thing and then presents are opened later and slowly throughout the day so it won't seem like so much when it is spread out. It also depends on if he will get just a few or tons of gifts from family.

My little one is getting 4 main presents from us plus stocking but I know he will get from my parents, mil and SIL and her kids so he won't go short for sure.

I think it looks great too, lo will love it and that's what counts. dh is moaning at me too but I know he's just worried about clutter.

It seems an ok amount to me with a good range of toys. Tbh I would give him it.

hehe i was gonna say sounds like scrooge too :haha:, i think the amount you have is fine and a really nice range of toys for him, not too much in my opinion

Thank you all! I considered leaving Kerplunk another year but next year all being well we'll have a baby too and marbles and babies don't mix! I'm hoping Micah can enjoy little Lego and marbles freely for a while before we have to be a bit stricter about when and where those things can be played with.

I'm so looking forward to this Christmas!!

Who cares buy as much or as little as you like! :)

Sounds great to me! :D

Thank you all! I considered leaving Kerplunk another year but next year all being well we'll have a baby too and marbles and babies don't mix! I'm hoping Micah can enjoy little Lego and marbles freely for a while before we have to be a bit stricter about when and where those things can be played with.

I'm so looking forward to this Christmas!!

Since this is Micah's last Christmas as an only child he deffo deserves to be spoilt too :xmas12:

After reading the start of your post I was expecting a huge long list, I think what you've got is great I'd give it all

That looks like a perfect amount. My dh is the same and was already giving out about the cost of her main present!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->