"Oh... what if you named her ____" *baby name rant*

Uggggh I feel your pain.

People are CRACKING ME UP with their opinions on my name choices! :growlmad:

WHY do people think they have the right to criticize a name that I am telling them that I think is beautiful?! If they don't like it, don't use it on their kids...its that simple!

I could never be so rude as to tell a friend or family member that I didn't like a name they were considering for their child. Why rain on someones parade like that?!!!

I, too, love unusual names - I think a name is SO important and should be something that people put thought into. It should have meaning to the parents, and be a nice story to tell the child when it asks why you chose that name...

I think just naming them any old name that is in the Top 20 Baby Names list coz it sounds ok with your last name is lazy.

I hate the idea of my child sharing a name with another child in their class.

Our boy name options are Kylan or Mackenzie - all I hear is "Kylan is too weird" and "Mackenzie is a girls name".
As for our girl options - I love the names "Raine", "Fallon", "Seraphina", "Lakyn" and "Autumn" - I have ALWAYS loved them, but I have been completely put off them by the horrible comments I've had from supposed friends and my family.

Now we've settled on the name Malin-Rose for a girl - Malin is the name of the street I grew up on (Where my parents still live) and is also special to me because my grandmothers name was Mal.
We've decided we can't tell anybody this name because they're just going to ruin it for us like they have with the others we liked :cry:

For the record, I think Bennett is a really beautiful name. :thumbup:

Wow! :shock: How rude and judgmental you are for someone who's tired of being judged for her names choices. :shock: That's a pretty crappy thing to say. If you want to have a wonderful story and meaning behind your name's choice, then good for you, but don't say other people are lazy because they like common names.

Actually thats not what I said - re-read it - I said people who just pick any old name from a top 20 list because it sounds ok.
That is completely different from choosing a common name that you LIKE and have put thought into - obviously.

Hubby and I have an almost set name for a boy. No one in our friends or family have ever liked it, haha. But I started out when we said we liked it in the beginning by saying flat out, you'll all hate it, but here it is....!

And the funny thing is, we brought it up MONTHS ago when my brother and SIL were choosing their daughter's name. At first everyone was exactly the same as you mentioned. Suggesting other names. Telling us how people would be able to tease him. Or what it was specifically that was wrong with it.

Now, that we are married and people are asking when we'll have kids, we, no joke, get asked all of the time, "When are you giving us a little baby "so and so"?!"

I love it, cracks me up. But its because they get over it and really they're only trying to be helpful not rude so it goes away when they see we dont want their help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->