ok... getting tired now...

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
i really wasnt gonna post about this but i really feel i need some advice girls.

for the past 5 days Ffion has been awake in the night almost hourly. she sleeps from 8 till 1ish (i go to bed at 11) and then from 1 shes awake at 2,3,4,5,6 and 7am. its killing me. i almost fell asleep whilst standing rocking her to sleep in the early hours of this morning.

ive tried everything, she has a solid bedtime routine, bath, bottle, book, bed and she always falls asleep nicely in her cot. when she wakes in the night i give her her dummy and shh her before i give in and feed her. i just dont know what to do!

tonight she went to bed at 8 and so far shes woke at 9,10 and 11... i can see where this is going tbh and im sat here on the verge of tears at the thought of another night without sleep.

i dont know.

shes awake again now just screaming :cry:

:hugs: I've been there! Valerie is teething right now and seems to wake up more often during the night than usual. I have read that when they start waking up more often during the night it usually has something to do with teething. Has she shown any other symptoms? Hang in there! Do you have any help at your house? Someone that could wake up and take care of her, instead of you? You need your rest too!

is it possible she is too warm? maybe sick? maybe for the next few nights bring her into bed with you so you can catch up on your sleep. she may sleep better with you by her side, and in a few days when your rested, put her back to sleep in her own bed and see what happens? sorry not much help! good luck!

Seth was like this for about 3 weeks not long ago. I think it was coz he is teething. Hes a bit better now bu no where near like how he used to be

xxx

thanks for your replies..

i think its like she has tummy ache or something? its not wind because i make sure she brings it all up. my son went through a phase where milk gave him tummy cramps.. maybe its the same thing?

if our bed was big enough i would bring her into it, but my son co-sleeps with us and, as most 2 years olds do, he sleeps in a star shape lol! plus she has this glass-shattering scream that would just wake everybody up.

She could be teething, my nephew was sleeping really well until the last month and now he wakes every hour during the night. He has just cut 2 teeth at the same time. That could be it. My sister found even a bottle, dummy didnt settle him. Try her with some teething gel to see. Also if you dont want to co-sleep if its possible, you could always move the cot right next to your bed so you can put your hand through the bars and stroke her hand until she sleeps.

i think 2moro ill move her rocking crib upstairs so i can rock her in the night.. but then again if shes screaming ill end up coming down here with her anyway!

Jack has been like this for the past 2 weeks too - its driving me nuts - I am now laying in bed using phone to come on here listening to classic fm as that seems to calm him! I borrowed a glowing ball that is shining colours on the ceiling too, & with the combo of them he just put himself off to sleep for the 1st time! :yay: we'll see how long he sleeps for though!:hissy:

I feel for you hun, I was going through the same thing with Bren. I hope she sleeps better very soon!!!

Dec does this everytime he has a tooth coming, he goes to bed at 7.45 sleeps through till about 1-2 then wakes almost every hour on the hour, it lasts for about 1-2 weeks and once the tooth pops out we are back to normal. Hope she starts to sleep through soon I know how it feels when you are getting a good night sleep then all of a sudden it is broke. Good luck hun xx

im having the same thing , charlies teething really bad at the moment but he does get alot of trapped wind too im so tired all the time :hissy: xx

we ended up all 4 of us in our bed at 4am. i gave up and came back downstairs at 7ish.

got huge bags under my eyes and my head is banging.

loads of house work to do but cant be arsed.

Try not to worry about the housework. You must be shattered :( Do you think your Mum (or someone else) could take Ffion and Rhys for a little bit so you could catch up on sleep?

but then she laughs... and i dont feel so crappy any more

https://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/tezzy-wezzy/ffionlaugh.jpg

Try not to worry about the housework. You must be shattered :( Do you think your Mum (or someone else) could take Ffion and Rhys for a little bit so you could catch up on sleep?

my mum is off from 2moro for 9 days so im gonna ask her to have ffion for a night or two

I totally sympathise. Grace goes to bed between 8 and 9 every night but she has no definate sleeping pattern at all. On a good night she'll sleep until around 3 then again till about 7. Which is fine with me. The other night she woke at 10 to 1, then 10 to 4, 10 to 5, 10 to 6, 10 to 7, 10 to 8. I am SOOO tired! Thing is that's not how she always sleeps. One night she'll wake up 3 times such as 1 then 4 then 6, the next she'll wake up 4 times at like 1 then 3 then 5 then 6ish then the next she'll sleep till 3 then till 7 but then go back to waking up 4 times again the night after. I don't get how, she always goes to sleep around the same time every single night, I don't know what to do!

And then when she wakes up at half 6 she gives me a beaming smile and I'm like, oh I can't be angry with that lol

Kaya does this sometimes. Her sleep cycle is 45-55 minutes and some nights she just cannot settle herself so she wakes up every 45-55 minutes. I usually take her to bed with me. How are you getting on with getting Rhys into his own bed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->