OK, so how does it work when insurance deem car BER??

Well, Yesterday I did say that I was disputing the figure they offered, and they said thats fine they have to pay out the offer amount as they are legally not allowed to withold it, but I can still dispute and if they offer more they will send you the rest etc. So I sent them 6 ads for the same car with milage 10k + and - mine that were a lot more. To get the same type of car at that age even with those miles would need more then 2k around here.

I should have that in the next 10 days or so, so in the mean time my mum and dad are offering to fund a purchase and me refund them. Off to see a car locally this weekend. its 60k MORE than mine had and 9 years old not 6 but hey, beggers cant be choosers.
OH is getting the bus to work and a lift to the nearest town home, it means he is only doing 6 hours a day though - so 6 less than he should weekly, but his boss will just have to lump it as he nearly missed the lass bus home yesterday due to traffic and at 10 miles its too far to walk if he does.

Dad is also loaning us for the oil - we get that monday - and I will be chasing up the nursery as it seems yet again, others have had their funded place refund and not me - that money is the oil money, and they didnt give one in April like the should have either. But I have other issues to raise with them also with regards to not replying to my query from 3 weeks ago!!

It's a bit late to suggest I suppose, but is the car beyond repair? Sometimes insurance companies will say it's not worth them repairing the car so they will offer you the money BUT you can often buy your 'scrap' car from them and get it repaired yourself. My sister did that - her car was said to be not worth fixing but she took it to our mechanic and he fixed it for her for significantly less than the insurance company said it would cost to fix. You then have a car with a record, but it depends how much you need the car and the nature of the damage. It can be a good option.

There are 2 extremes of value, known as Trade (bottom value) and Retail (top value) and vehicles are usually valued between the 2 extremes, with increases and decreases for things like mileage, condition etc. They should be able to do some negotiating between the 2 extremes with you without requesting the ads straightaway.

How is liability going? I know LV are really hot on things like that (I work in insurance claims) If you have an independent witness hopefully you should be in the clear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->