ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

wow, that's a great bump flying! And so exciting about hubby feeling the kicks!

Sheryl, i'll check out your nursery pics later when i'm on my pc (on phone now). Congrats on getting it done tho!

Flying and Sheryl thanks for sharing more pictures. Your nurseries are looking good already. Sheryl what's the name of paint color?
...and what a great bump Flying!! :thumbup: you look pretty in that top :)

Goodness gracious. I just looked up the stats for premature babies and I can not believe at 24 weeks it's only 39% and at 26 weeks it jumps to 80%. Hard to believe just how much difference 2 weeks makes!

When my waters had broken last time the gynae told dh that the chances of my baby surviving (if he came before getting both steroid shots) was less than 25%. It goes up quite a bit if they get both steroid shots before birth (that's probably where the 39% comes in).
But yes, the difference between 24 weeks and 26 weeks is huge.

Lovely bump Flying :) And great nurseries Sheryl and Flying. :thumbup: They look so perfect for a new baby.

Really interesting to see the survivability stats for preemies. Hoping we all make it as long as possible.

I had my first episode of vomiting this morning after DH went to work :( It could have been nerves I suppose (first hospital appt today) but anxiety has never made me sick before. The appointment was a waste of time - the midwives don't see you until 18-20 weeks and the first appointment is with a doctor, and as I've been seeing my GP who is qualified for prenatal care, it was just going over everything my GP has gone over - he pretty much just read her notes :dohh: And he said there's no point in even trying to listen to the heartbeat yet (at 13w4d???) so that was a disappointment. Next appointment isn't for 4 weeks so that will be my first opportunity to hear the hb. Booking my scan for the first or second week in August.

Sorry your appointment was such a waste of time NDH.

Bummer Ndh, don't know why the docs say that.......mine was 9+6 and at 10 weeks we found it at home by ourselves.....maybe those docs just don't trust their abilities!

I can't wait to get to 26 weeks ill feel much better about my lil guy being ok.

bummer NDH, sorry about your appointment going like that, it can be so frustrating. i found the HB at home at 12 +6 so maybe you should rent a doppler if you can, and then you wont have to wait so long ...

AFM, i think i may have a urinary infection, no symptoms at all, but maybe there is bacteria present, just waiting for results, and if positive then i will have to start on antibiotics for 6 days, i cant wait for my actual doctor to come back from her trip and i see her hopefully on the 2nd or 3rd of July.

if you have no symptoms of an infection then why do you think you have one?

because i was told so by the clinic i visited yesterday, but i felt they were dodgy and had it double checked today by giving another sample at a better hospital and the results are clear ! so im glad,

by the way women can still have infections regardless of whether they have symptoms or not.

Asymptomatic bacteriuria. This is where bacteria are found in your urine, but are not causing any symptoms.

i know you can have infections with no symptoms, i just wondered why you thought you had one. Glad the results came back clear though.

NDH that is crap. I went to my doctor at 11+5 and my doctor at least tried to hear the heartbeat. He was able to find it and it was great. He was surprised to hear it but he at least tried.

Aww NDH, that does suck hun! I agree that by nearly 14 weeks they could have tried to find it!!! Even if he'd have said that it may not be easy to find or that he'll even find it at all etc, but it'd have been nice if he at least tried...!? :(

Mind you, I didn't hear the heartbeat until 16 weeks. It was a looong wait, so I can only imagine waiting until nearly 18 weeks! :hugs: take a tissue along when you do finally go to hear it, it's a bit unreal and awesome, and certainly made me cry the first time... :D

Preethi, I'm glad you didn't have a UTI after all! It's a bit dodgy of that other place to suggest you did though isn't it!??

Sheryl! You're only a few days away from half way!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooot!

Nothing much to report from me at all, baby is kicking away, still nice kicks (though they sometimes give me a fright and make me jump! lol) so I'm still enjoying them. Everyone is trying to warn me about bruised ribs and the huge discomfort of heads in bladders and everything as I get bigger so I'm enjoying this immensely right now!!! lol! It's still not waking me at night either, and I can still sorta sleep on my tummy (I'm a tummy sleeper!) if I tip off to one side... lol! They do say the second tri is the best, and while earlier on it wasn't much different, it certainly is wonderful right now! But only 2.5 weeks until I'm into third tri...!

hi everyone!

just popping on to say hi, sorry theres pages if posts and I dont have time to read them. I will be back on next week and cant wait to catch up. Im loving having some time off, I popped on to see if there were any BFPs in the over 35 section and a girl who just had her 2nd IUI got her BFP!! she had 2 possibly 3 follicles, it does give me a little hope as I had 3 (and possibly the forth would have matured with the trigger shot) BUT theres a big difference between IUI and intercourse, her odds are much better. But i gives me great hope that if clomid doesnt work for me then my chances with IUI are promising.

my husband is telling me if I get pregnant this month he doesnt want to go to vegas, so I havent even booked the flights yet :dohh: he is like 'we have been waiting for so long, why would you risk anything' as he feels theres radiation in the plane and it could be bad. so will have to see what happens! I would still like to go but I dont want to force him into anything and if anything happened he would blame the flight.

dew when is your hsg is it friday? as I will come on to see how it goes :hugs:

Sarah I so hope it worked for you too! Cant wait to find out either way though....fingies crossed! Thats cute about your hubby, BUT, millions of women fly on planes while pregnant:) I was one of them and im paranoid about everything! Its no problem at all and no more than what you get on a daily bases....so maybe explain to him that all the vaca's you can get now, DO IT! I'd be more worried about morning sickness on a plane than the radiation. I asked a radiation physicist at work what he thought before I left and he assured me all was well:)

Baby- what were you at the clinic for? Glad its not infection! I had one at beginning...didnt have horrid symptoms...just very very minor ones that could have been overlooked. But, im paranoid and notice everything. Lol.

Flying- glad you love 2nd tri.....I am paying for having a PERFECT pregnancy with my daughter 7 years ago...paying bad! So far, i've no liked 1st tri, and really miserable in 2nd so maybe 3rd is a charm? HAHA yea right, as im huge and weather is like 100 degrees, I doubt that!

As for the heart beat finding- my doctor seemed like it was normal to be able to hear at 10 or before....Oh well, im sure you'll hear it! And its a lovely lovely sound!

Ahhhh, i wish dew or sarah could have a bfp soon. Cant wait!

Baby- any more moving?

No more moving NY. none at all, i get paranoid too, and got checked for urine at the clinic because i asked for it? . i know ! silly me.

Glad your loving second tri flying, it must be nice to love it when you can feel the baby so much. good for you ! x

Ny, it is far too hot in dubai every day of the year and now its the height of the summer and guess what ??

in august for one whole month, the muslims are fasting due to their ramadan festival and therefore everyone else in the country regardless of whether you are muslim or not are forced not to eat or drink anything in public, and if we do, we will get fined or the cops will give us a telling off along with a fine ! it is ridiculous but i think pregnant women are exceptions and can still drink water.not sure but i will have to check. i will be in thrid tri and heavy by then with the height of the summer, over 45 degrees celsuius and am going to suffer.

so not looking forward to that whole month except for the fact that i will be a month closer to giving birth.

Hope everyone else is doing ok, my next appointment for fetal echocardiogram w (what the doctor wanted to do to check the baby including my monthly routine is on saturday the 2nd or sunday the 3rd.) so looking forward to it.

sarah, i do hope you get your BFP, i understand your hubby's concerns over flight journeys, that is so cute of him, ive heard that its safe to fly in your second trimester and best not to fly in first tri, but its upto the individual !

i do hope it works for you. see you next week if youre taking a week off. xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->