ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Sheryl, yay for painting the nursery :) I'd love to get ours painted but our place is entirely brick so painting is out of the question. Oh well.

Dew, sorry that it looks like AF is on her way :( :hugs:

Sheryl love the color, very zen!

yea VBAC is just not for me, with any risk whatsoever of hemorrhaging, it would inhibit my pushing hard and effectively, thus probably causing me to need the c section after all is said and done anyways......so it is what it is!

NDH- so you were talking of having mice- I was just watching discovery health channel and they brought up this weird death case where it ended up being huntavirus....caused by mice in the house. EEEEEEK! Now im freaked out because we had a mouse in the house a long time ago and im scared that we will get hantavirus.....half the people die of it! So, just be careful of the "innocent" little rodents!

Yikes Ny - I'll keep that in mind. DH has been disposing of them (caught another last night bringing the total to 3 now - still haven't found any droppings or anything else hinting that we have a problem though) and I'll be super careful about sanitising everything before using it.

Dew, glad you now know where you stand in your cycle although im really sorry about AF :hugs: HSG does work wonders and will let you know if youve got a problem so im all for it. ive had it done too and its a reassurance to know that your tubes arent blocked or anything, and they do say that after a HSG women are more fertile for the next three months, so good luck !!

Ny, im just going to carry on exercising and stretching, thats all that seems to be helping at the moment.

Flying i dont know much about hypnobirthing, ive heard of cds/ dvds etc... but i have a feeling mine is going to be quite medicalised so..

last night, i think.. i only think i felt bubs kick twice when i put my hand on my belly but i am not going to call it a confirmed one until i feel it hard because i dont want to get my hopes up !

NDH, glad youre getting rid of the mice, i would be so freaked out ! im not good with cockroaches and mice and stuff i would literally be screaming my head off.

sheryl, nice colours on the nursery ! xxx

Hope everyone else is doing well. im getting impatient waiting for my appointment. a whole week away !

flying let us know how your appointment goes !

Well I've been to the midwife. I do so love hearing baby!!! :D

and yup, recorded it. I also managed to get a couple of visible kicks on the video, they're not the easiest to spot, but I've tried... let me know if you can see them ok...?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reeuB-gnoh4

I saw the first kick - not sure if I saw the second one :cloud9:

Preethi - yay for movement! Even if you're not 100% convinced yet I bet it won't be long now til there's no doubt in your mind.

so awesome about seeing your tummy move flying!

Yay for hubby helping you paint sheryl!

Sorry the witch got you dew :hugs:

i think i see the first kick !! :cloud9: not sure about the second, maybe i need to be more still, but brilliant !!

Quick update: just woke up, temp 97.5, AF is here now, I still have headache from last night. I am gonna try and go back to sleep, haven't slept peacefully in so many days. Glad I can make it to HSG although it will be day 6. Thank you all for your kind support!

So sorry Dew :hugs:

But at least you can get your HCG done this cycle :thumbup: Hopefully it will be good news. :flower:

Quick update: just woke up, temp 97.5, AF is here now, I still have headache from last night. I am gonna try and go back to sleep, haven't slept peacefully in so many days. Glad I can make it to HSG although it will be day 6. Thank you all for your kind support!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
at least she is finally here and you can plan next cycle.
take it easy today, hope your headache gets better

hi everyone else :kiss:

at least she is finally here and you can plan next cycle.
take it easy today, hope your headache gets better

hi everyone else :kiss:

I could sleep for another 3-4 hours, I am emotional today but I can feel the relief, I was certainly very stressed last 5-6 days. Headache is getting better, had coffee, CD1 is officially my coffee day of the month :) DH returns today evening so looking forward to spending relaxing time with him and go watch a movie or two. I seriously have to find a way to keep myself relaxed in 2nd week of 2ww...Sarah, got any tips for me? I am unemployed so my mind is really idle and easy victim to stressful thoughts. I may start canvas painting, I have been thinking of doing that for a while or do some volunteer work in Red Cross or something. HSG and Instead soft cups are 2 new additions for next cycle. No aspirin, thank you :)

Preethi, you said you had HSG exam as well, do you mind sharing your experience with me please. How much longer did it take for you to get pregnant after that? Thanks!

I hope my tubes are not blocked or may be there is tiny little mucous plug which gets washed away easily so I can build my hope on that :) also I hope they can find my cervix easily and that it is not difficult to open and insert injectible tube in there, I read that some people bled because radiologist had to struggle finding cervix or it was too tightly closed.

Thanks everyone for your sweet words of support last couple of days! :hugs:

Preethi, I hope that was a real kick and you start to feel more of them soooon :thumbup:

Take care everyone! :flower:
Special good luck to Sarah :thumbup: :flower: :kiss: :hugs:

Dew, glad your headache is getting better, i can imagine what you must feel like being idle, i was like that too and it stressed me out and i couldnt find anything to do, canvas painting sounds lovely .

HSG i must say wasnt a very pleasant experience, was ok not too painful but more uncomfortable,. they basically first wash your bits over with betadine anti infection solution, that was for precaution from catching an infection through the procedure.

so they did that, and then they ask you to hold your knees to your chest while you are lying on the bed so that it gives them maximum penetration. they then insert a catheter full of blue dye/oil solution up you and then you can watch yourself on the screen and you can see your tubes and the dye flowing and then they see that the dye passes through your tubes without getting blocked. if it has passed, then it means your tubes are clear., they then take the catheter out.

after that, it may be a little uncomfortable to walk and your abdomen might cramp too, but they say that the dye flushes out any tiny particles in your tubes and that makes it easier for the eggs to travel down and implant or whatever.

i had my HSG in october / november last year and got my BFP in feb, but according to my LMP dates, actual date of conception was the 31st of jan, so i would say within 3-4 months of HSG. i didnt get pregnant immediately obviously , i would say mine was pure luck because i was not temping or using OPKS or anything.

by the time i took the advice of the ladies on this thread to start temping, i hadnt realised that i was already pregnant and that cycle of temping, i already had my BFP which is why my temp had risen on my chart.

i hope the HSG gives you some answers and that it all turns out ok for you. xx

hope my explanation has cured some of your curiosity. i was being truthful about the uncomfortable bits and dont want to scare you off, but i would say that procedure does rule out a major issue which is blocked tubes which could happen at any time for anyone.

for example, even if someone has been pregnant before, their tubes could get blocked afterwards, example i had a termination before and maybe after the operation, my tubes could have been blocked from bits of my own tissue or whatever and HSG gives you the answer to whether your tubes are free or not. and with your MMC previously i would definetely recommend the HSG especially if you had a natural MC and no operation.

:hugs: praying for you and hoping it all works out. xxxxx

Thanks Preethi! I'll be taking 2 doses of antibiotic prescribed by gynec before HSG and also 2-3 ibuprofen tabs...did you take any medication? You are right, since I had induced but natural abortion at home, there Is a chance some tissues are still in there, may be blocking my tubes. Hope to get definite answers and result on the 30th. Also, here I think they will have me rest my feet on elevated thing called stirrups(?) because that's what they use for pap smear and trans-vaginal U/S as well. I have retroverted uterus and a fibroid in fundal region of uterus so will have to remember mention this to radiologist. Thanks again! :hugs:

i cant remember if i took ibuprofen before though it is recommended, this place where is did it was a small clinic and they did not even have stirrups ! thats why i was forced to hold my legs back lol. i would have preferred stirrups too .

you're welcome ! hope it works out wellxx

I seriously have to find a way to keep myself relaxed in 2nd week of 2ww...Sarah, got any tips for me?

I really dont have too many suggestions, but I do think having some time off in the 2ww and not overthinking is definitely the way to go. that works well until those awful last few days.....I really dont know how to relax those, unless you plan a lot of things to do around that time! I like to read when I can, I also exercise and go get massages. Ive heard of people doing yoga....anything to relax the mind.

I think perhaps you would have been ok, but this cycle was hard as it was a long 2WW. At least you are introducing some new things this month. I was so happy to be proactive and do something this month, and if it doesnt work I will be ok continuing as its more interesting than most cycles and I do really feel each month is closer to our bfps.

dew you and I hope we get our bfps before flying gives birth in october so we can all be pregnant at the same time :cloud9:

I think in the video, the second kick comes up just AFTER the "and another!" comes up on the screen... but it is a harder one to spot too! lol! I was trying to breath shallowly to not disturb the kicks!!! hahaha.

Dew, I'm sorry the darn witch got you, but thank goodness for being able to move on too!!! I had another friend on here who was like 50+ days late with no BFP, and it was just her cycle was all screwy, she finally got medication to bring on her period (doc checked her and she definitely wasn't preg!) and she said it was certainly like two cycles full coming out. Ew! And I can only imagine the stress of being so late though... I know only a few days sent me into a state! And I was never late I don't think, it was just before I was temping (and I've never used OPKs) so I didn't really know my O day at all! :hugs: she's here and you can move forwards now. Next month aey!

ooo Preethi, I am sure that probably was a kick you felt! I was unsure for like a week or so if what I was feeling was kicks until one morning there was a 'bam bam bam' series of obvious kicks! lol. It'll come, and I'm sure it won't be far away now!!! yaaaay!

Speaking of kicks, hubby finally felt kicks for the first time this morning! There has been kicks easily felt on the outside for a while now (obviously, if you can SEE them!! lol) but he's never felt at the right time or in the right place or whatever, but this morning he got some really good obvious ones right on the palm on his hand, so he's floating on clouds now. :D

I may be the first person in this group to post nursery pics. I think the nursery is pretty much complete except for crib sheets, etc. and my glider that I am hoping to get from family or the shower.

And of course I haven't gotten the bedding set yet and the furniture DH is building isn't finished yet.

sheryl, I don't see a pic tho???? I posted pics aaaaagggeees ago of our nursery, but only cos we had it up and mostly done by like 10 weeks... lmao! Can't wait to see yours!!!

**edit** just saw the link in your sig (good idea!) I love the colour!

And I've just put a link to all my "baby McCauley" photos in my sig too. lol!!!

oh! And I got another couple of bump pics today:
https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_2445.jpg

https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_2443.jpg
24 weeks & 2 days. This top was given to me by my MIL, and I LOVE it! If only it wasn't so blimmin cold here I'd be wearing it a lot more!!! lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->