ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Sarah, sore boobs was a big sign for me and I had them quite early on like 6-7dpo but they did feel fine on random days in between before BFP. But I have read so many women particularly mentioning that they didn't have sore boobs as early pregnancy symptom. I know it is easier to say but try not to symptom spot and keep yourself busy with other things...last week of 2WW makes me go insane...so much that I feel I have clinical depression and should be in depression rehab:nope:

Ladies :hi: thanks so much for your good wishes :hugs:

Had HSG this morning. Radiologist was happy with the results. Everything looks normal :thumbup: Placing the speculum felt just like pap smear, inserting tube in cervix was hardly noticeable but when they started to fill the contrast in my tubes I got cramping pain and I just wanted it to be over (I rarely get cramping pain during AF but when I do it feels just like it felt today). NY, I kept reminding myself to breathe deeper and it really helped. Thanks for advising :flower: Well, radiologist said he had to apply slightly more pressure to get the contrast flow through tubes and he thought there might have been some mucous sticking to it which is now removed so HSG according to him should be therapeutic to me. He said I can have intercourse anytime but will be a good idea to wait a day or 2 in case I am spotting or have pain. I am still passing sticky orangish-pinkish fluid (dye/contrast) along with fresh blood spots. I don't feel any pain though. I took 2 doses of doxycycline (12 hours and 2 hours before procedure) and 3 200mg Ibuprofen 30-40mins before. If I cramp again I can just take more ibuprofen, although I would like to avoid it. I'll try Instead softcups too this time although I have read online that they are inconvenient and hence not recommended for women with retroverted uterus.

So glad it is over, couldn't sleep properly last night just worrying about it :dohh:

Good luck to all for their upcoming scans :thumbup: I may or may not come online next 5 days. We may start driving in another 1-2 hours. It's a very hot day here. Take care you all and thanks again for wishing me well :hugs:

Sarah, keeping FXed for you...soooooo want it to be a BFP for you this cycle.:hugs::flower:

yay so glad its over :happydance::happydance::happydance:
and stupid mucous thing was probably in the way!!! ooooh Im predicting you get your BFP in the next 3 months :happydance::happydance::happydance:
have a lovely trip, safe driving, relax loads :hugs:

Sarah, sore boobs was a big sign for me and I had them quite early on like 6-7dpo but they did feel fine on random days in between before BFP. But I have read so many women particularly mentioning that they didn't have sore boobs as early pregnancy symptom. I know it is easier to say but try not to symptom spot and keep yourself busy with other things...last week of 2WW makes me go insane...so much that I feel I have clinical depression and should be in depression rehab:nope:

dont worry Im not, I was just wondering as Im feeling NOTHING. but I think its because I am not thinking about it too. I still have a week to go till my period, I hope I can keep up my calm feelings. tomorrow the inlaws are coming and saturday hubby and I are going for lunch and a movie and I will have to fill in the rest of the week. And Im fine if this month is not my month as I get to go to vegas :happydance: if I got my bfp it would take my hubby a lot of convincing

I never had any pg symptoms except for the slightly sore nipples which only started about 3-4 days before af was due i think. But i think they might even normally feel like that before af. But both before and after bfp i never had any actual pg symptoms.

Dew - really glad the procedure went so well for you today and fx this does the trick and you get your bfp nice and soon!

Sarah- I had no boobs sore until after bfp....so nothing really told me there. Guess its kinda all in the temps. They are really telling and need to get them to stay up there!

Dew- yay that it went well! Good job. Its a good thing to hear it was a therapeutic thing for you, because now you know you are TTC with somethin different, and improved. I have a good feeling! Hope you can begin to BD soon enough, will yo ube on vaca for your fertile time? Its sooooooo hot today. I was suposed to take ELla to the pool all day but she woke up with an eye swollen shut so we are stuck inside...but air feels nice! Another girl on my other thread is coming to MN this weekend (her home state) and shes going to be on Lake Minnetonka. Funny, she is 12 weeks preg and that crazy party lake isn't where i'd like to be this weekend! Hope where you are going is more like a nice 80 degrees instead of 100!

Oh yay Dew, I'm glad it's all over and done with and wasn't so bad! AND that it flushed out some mucus hanging about so you're allllllll set to go! heh. FX for you hun! You know it!!!! :D

Sarah, I didn't get sore boobs either, and in fact I had NO symptoms at all either. It wasn't until about 2 days before AF was due that I suddenly realised it could actually be possible (going by my chart), but even then I was still not hopeful... up until then I felt really 'blah' and TOTALLY not at ALL preg. In fact I felt decidedly NOT preg. lol! I got sore boobs at times after BFP, but only for like a morning or something on random occasions...

shite! I've only JUST realised, right now, that I'm 25 weeks today. Where do the weeks keep sneaking up from!??!

Baby shower on sunday! yay!

Happy 25 weeks flying!
enjoy your baby shower on sunday!

Oh yay Huggles!!! How neat he felt it so soon! hehe.

I'm just sorting out when I'll have the gestational diabetes test, my midwife wants me to have it any time from 26 weeks, so I need to plan ahead to try and get off work early enough to go and get it done! Thankfully it's just the 1 hour one so I should be able to finish up early next friday to get it done. Ugh.

Dew, glad your HSG went well and that anything that was there has now been cleared out !! enjoy your trip !! :hugs:

Sarah, i had sore nipples, but then i get that before AF as well and i did remember having some soreness in my boobs. I do hope this is it for you, if not then im sure you will enjoy vegas and have a much needed break and then be back for ttcing and making decisions :hugs: :kiss:

Flying.. happy 25 weeks and wow.. exciting baby shower.. have fun !! :headspin:

Huggles yay for dh feeling kick , must have been awesome for you. :cloud9:

AFM, today dh and me went over to mothercare to have a look at maternity swimwear i wanted since ive decided to start swimming / exercising to keep myself moving because of all the pain and swelling... but we ended up doing something i never imagined we would.

There was a massive sale on everything 50 % off, and they were running out of stock , we ended up purchasing :

a.) A precious bear cot bed, and a matching changing table that goes on top of your cot to change LO.

b.) a dressing drawer set

c.) a SPIN travel system from mothercare that can spin the system so that baby faces you instead of public or vice versa as and when you want it, and baby lays flat in it and you can use that system for baby to sit up etc until 4 years old. ( black and green) since that was the only one on sale. it also comes with a white fitted sheet and velvet type interior thing you can add on for babys extra comfort.

d.) a maxi cosi car seat ! black and beige interior

e.) maternity swim wear two piece covering your bump blue and white striped

f.) black maternity trousers and an olive green long loose maternity sleeveless top

g.) maternity full support sleeping pillow !

i cant believe we spent so much and bought all this, but we decided to buy everything in one month so that we could estimate what it cost and pay for it all in one go , in one month., we still have bottles, sterilisers, breast pumps , play mat and other things to buy, but we will buy that in july as we could not just buy everything today, we were there till closing time !

im glad we did though, when all my items arrive from delivery in one week - 10 days, i will post pics of all of them. xx

Hope everyone else is doing well. xxx

yes i did...!! im exhausted..

btw, im so glad your pregnancy is going so well and to hear it from your doc should be the best thing ever !!! xx i cant believe you are finally having your first sonogram in 6 days, and cant believe you havent had one for 20 weeks., i would die.. your patience is incredible sheryl x

You live in a one bedroom don't you? I hope you have room for all the baby's stuff. We hurried with the nursery when we had too much stuff all over the house.

Woo lots of news in here!
First off, Sarah don't put any stock into "pregnancy symptoms" - I had no symptoms early on (and still am virtually symptomless. If irregular periods were normal for me I still probably wouldn't even suspect that I'm pregnant. (I know that pressure feeling in my abdomen is the baby, but if I didn't know I was pregnant I'd probably attribute it to being bloated from having a food intolerance - my mom can only eat like 20 things cause everything she's either allergic or intolerant too).
Now I know I'm a rare case to have virtually no symptoms, but it's just more reassurance that there's no common pregnancy symptoms experienced by everyone.

Dew, glad the HCG is over and wasn't too paolinful for you :thumbup:. I'm also thrilled that there was a bit of blockage as we can hope that's what's been preventing you from getting pregnant and now you're all fixed up and will be pregnant within the next 3 months! Probably the best outcome really - you don't want anything to be seriously wrong, and actual blockages and scarring is a bad thing, but finding nothing wrong is frustrating as it gives no explanation or hope for a good outcome. So FXd, and have a wonderful holiday!

Preethi, wow sounds like you had a blast shopping! What a lot of stuff you bought all at once!

Huggles, happy halfway (for you as you don't think you're likely to go over 38 weeks) and how awesome that your hubby felt his first kick! I bet he's over the moon.

Sheryl, happy 20 weeks! Halfway yay! And you must feel relieved to have been told your pregnancy is text book so far :thumbup:

and happy 25 weeks Amy - hmm I sense a pattern here lol. Yesterday I was 14 weeks too - do we all start our new week on Thurs or Fri lol? Not sure what day Mummy and Preethi change.

Sheryl, the cot will go in our master bedroom and the dressing drawer is small but deep enough to fit stuff. that and the pram will go in the living room.. it is a large one bedroom so we have some space, not much but we will adjust for a while until we figure out what to do next ! we will be sharing our room space with baby as well, atleast for one and a half years. if our tenant then moves out from our 2 bedroom house, we may have to go back to dh's old apartment that i wanted to get rid off in the first place. but thats something we will consider in a couple of years time.

NDH, i usually change on mondays, according to my ticker, but bubs is 5 days behind.

Most people sleep with baby in their room for at least the first few months anyway, so as long as your room has enough space for the baby things you should be fine. Good idea to get a change table that you put on the cot to save space! I'm thinking we'll probably just keep our pram in the car to save on space (as our place is very small). I plan on babywearing so the pram probably won't get used much initially anyway, but is still somehing I want to have.

ive got a bad back already so am a bit concerned about baby wearing so wont be doing it. but yeah keeping pram in car is good idea, but dh uses his four wheel dodge to get to work so i will need the pram in the house

preethi cant wait to see the pics of the new stuff!
I cant wait to do the babies room, being a designer I loooovvveeee that kind of stuff. I know I will go crazy so will have to save during the 9 months. The room we have for the baby is quite a nice size :thumbup: but right now its filled with all our junk :blush:

Sarah- any ideas of what to do for a baby "corner" in my bedroom? I want it to kinda have a little area, but it has no bedroom separately right now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->