ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Sarah, I don't think it'd make any diff if you temp or not on clomid; temping doesn't actually *change* anything, so saying you "shouldn't" temp when on clomid is just weird! lol!! You can temp if you want to, and I personally love the data it brings in!!! hehehe. And gives ya something to do... lol.

I think they meant clomid makes temps go wacky so harder to read. mine were erractic before ovulation, and then very straight and fairly low post ovulation. Ive only been temping 3 months, the first month was a roller coaster, second looked really good with high temps, now this!!

*Sigh* Trying to get an idea of a maternity cocktail dress that is appropriate for a wedding I am going to Friday. Going shopping with MIL Tuesday.

Sarah, I don't think it'd make any diff if you temp or not on clomid; temping doesn't actually *change* anything, so saying you "shouldn't" temp when on clomid is just weird! lol!! You can temp if you want to, and I personally love the data it brings in!!! hehehe. And gives ya something to do... lol.

I think they meant clomid makes temps go wacky so harder to read. mine were erractic before ovulation, and then very straight and fairly low post ovulation. Ive only been temping 3 months, the first month was a roller coaster, second looked really good with high temps, now this!!
Yeah, but you're aware that things are different this month with the clomid in your system, and I think you've got a sensible head on your shoulders to just take the temps with a grain of salt, so to speak, if they do weird things!! I think if you were someone who really obsessed over every little dip and spike, then temping on clomid may not be a great idea, but I get the impression you're intrigued by what they'll do and show but not putting all your hopes or worries into it either!?

Good luck Sheryl! I never wear dresses really, (I own two; one dress I bought three years ago, and have worn three times now, and my wedding dress... lol!) so can't help I'm afraid, but good luck!!!

I'm feeling great right now! I had a bit of a sleep in this morning, gave the rat cage a really good scrub out (it's cleaned regularly, but I don't get everything out and scrubbed down all that often cos it's a bit of a hassle! lol) and then had to go help my boss with a few things at her place, so she fed me lunch (mmmm, pumpkin soup! Sooo good.) When I got home I set to work on tidying and cleaning (nesting?) the house for the baby shower tomorrow! Wooot! I got the spare room (a dumping ground for everything it seemed...) done, the kitchen sparkling, and the nursery tidied up again (were starting to dump things in there too!) It was great; I turned the radio up loud and danced about with baby kicking away at times (not sure if it liked my music choices or not though!? lol!) so I'm feeling good! :)

I still have to finish in the living room (I've been putting bits and pieces away as I go through, but I haven't gotten stuck in to it yet except for the rat and dog cages in the corner!) and haven't started on our bedroom or the bathroom, but I'm getting there!!!! Hubby has been at work all day, he left before 6am this morning, and won't be home until 8pm tonight...! He took on extra shifts when someone called in sick.

Baby shower doesn't start until 1pm tomorrow (it's 6pm now), so will get the rest of the house sorted by then ok. Looking forward to it!! :)

have fun at your baby shower flying.. have fun with your dinner sarah and when exactly is your period due this month ? thursday?

enjoy your movie with dh..

AFM, i am off to my appointment in half an hour and then we will go shopping for grocery etc.. and just bum around at home today seeming as tomorrow is the start of the week.. will probably do roast veggies , mash and gravy minus the meat.. dh is trying to eat more veggies and less meat :haha:

wow, you got a lot done flying! Glad you're feeling so happy and positive and energetic - it's lovely :thumbup:

i need to clean the house this weekend - yuck! I don't like cleaning LoL.

Went to see transformers last night so only got in around midnight. Having a lie-in now to make up for it (as usual i'm no good at actually sleeping late. Been awake since about 7am - it's 8am now).

Having supper with my cousin this evening, either at her place or ours. Need to visit my and dh's parents as well sometime but not sure when.

nice to see you have all that energy flying.. and wow you got so much done !!

x

Ooo, hope your appointment went well Preethi!!!

lol, I'm normally *terrible* at cleaning too! I do like things to be put away, but cleaning? Ugh. Hubby is the housekeeper here, not me! I deal with the animals, but apart from doing the dishes and occasionally vacuming or something it's hubby that does the housework! I think because I had the day to myself without him around, as well as the threat of a pile of visitors turning up tomorrow got me off my butt and cleaning! And now it's mostly done, yes it does feel good!!! I'm happy to sit on my butt all evening now. LOL!

Just got off the phone with mum, she's made a drapey valance thingy for our basinett and has ordered a veil for it as well! Yay! I'm looking forward to see what other goodies come from the baby shower too, lol! Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to just celebrating baby with so many friends, but pressies will be fun tooooo! heh. Mum is knitting a blanket as well, she started it the week that we told her about my BFP (I was 6 weeks then...) and she's got the entire middle section and two of the 'edge' sections done so far so she's stitched them together to show off tomorrow, even though it won't be finished in time for the shower! It's been a huge project for her to do so it'll be treasured when it's finally done... :)

I'll try and get heaps of photos to share too. :)

wow that is so cute of your mum flying... i want knitted stuff too !!!

The appointment went very well, baby is measuring 500 gms, and is still about 6 days behind, but she has clearly told me that they are following my LMP and that the bay has gained weight and is growing, and that scans are not accurate etc..

she told me to start walking and swimming , but not strenuous, very light swimming.

ive got excellent photos of LO, sucking her thumb etc and will update them tomorrow when i get to my mums house to use her scanner.

she did a fetal echo cardiogram and the heart looks perfect ! everything looks good she said " i will see you in 4 weeks " then she saw the drop on my face and said ok 3 weeks.. and anytime in between if you feel concerned you can always pop by .. and dh liked her too, so we are very glad about our decision to change docs..

Glad your scan went well Preethi and that they don't seem at all concerned that you're measuring behind. And if you remember from the beginning you were measuring behind and then caught up, so it could just be that the baby was later to implant and has always been behind but had a big growth spurt and was measuring bigger for a bit. But steady, consistent growth is the important thing and is definitely happening.

Amy, how exciting about the baby shower! Take lots of pics of everything you get. And you're lucky to get one so early so you still have lots of time to shop for things you don't get afterwards. My sister wants to organise mine for close to the due date so she can come down once for a few weeks (she lives in Cairns which is quite far away from where we live).

Huggles, how was Transformers? Green Lantern and Transformers are both on DHs and my list of movies to watch.

Felt more flutters again this evening :cloud9:

Oh yay for a good scan Preethi! I can't wait to see the photos!!!!!! And it does sound like your doctor is such a nice lady!!!!!!!! :)

haha NDH, I'm throwing this baby shower for myself! I didn't expect anyone else to do one, and I wanted to get on with it so just arranged one for myself! Since arranging this one, my boss has decided she'll throw me a second one later on closer to my due date (september probably) as well, so I'll still get that too!!! If you want one earlier; just do one!!! Have fun!

Glad the scan went well babyhopes.

Hope you enjoy your shower flying - presents are always nice!

NDH - i quite enjoyed transformers, dh was disappointed. My other pg friend was super bored thru it, but her hubby loved it! So very mixed reviews so far! but my friend says she fell asleep half way through the first one and never watched the second one, so she's clearly not a fan. My only down side was that i really struggled to get comfy and the movie is looong (2.5 hours). But i still think it was a good movie.

I haven't heard of the other one you mentioned (green something).

Haha Amy. I don't really have any friends here though so there would be no point in throwing myself a shower. The one my mom and sister give me will just be people from Church most likely. Have fun!

Huggles, ah well about the mixed reviews. DH will go anyway, he's a huge transformers fan. But ya, I'd heard its' long and that doesn't thrill me I have to say. Movie theatre seats are always soooo uncomfortable. We'll just have to go on a Wednesday night in the middle of a flood when there are only 4 other people in the theatre again (like when we went and saw X-Men First Class) so we can get the seats with the leg room lol.

And Green Lantern is a superhero movie starring Ryan Reynolds. That's all I know about it really except that DH gets excited every time he hears about it or sees a movie poster :rofl:

hi everyone

preethi cant wait to see a photo of babs sucking her thumb :cloud9: and lol you are so cute that a month seems so long to wait to see her again...glad you live in a country that allows so many scans. glad everything is going well, how does hubby react to the scans? :hugs:

have a great shower flying and looking forward to seeing lots of pics!

ny hope you have a great 3D scan, cant wait to see them!! :kiss:

asm my temps are so bad! Im going to ask about this when I go for next cycle, I remember the nurse saying 'I see you are not getting luteal phase support' so I think theres support available perhaps where they test progesterone. My lining was perfect but if my progesterone is low perhaps thats a problem. Or my temps mean nothing! BFN too. Im pretty sure we will be going to vegas!

Huggles while you were watching Transformers 3 my hubby had food poisoning all evening. It was difficult to watch and not be able to help. We are going to see T3 about 4 our time so getting ready to pop in T2. We watched T1 last night.

hope your hubby feels better now sheryl! Enjoy the movie!

sarah, dh does seem very intrigued at the scans everytime.. xx

flying, enjoy you shower, mine is on the `11th of July, just family really, like i said the indian baby shower lol

hope all of you are doing well, ive had a bit of a headache today but cooked mash potato, onion gravy and roasted veggies for dinner.. yummy.. xx

sheryl, sorry your dh is feeling unwell, hope he gets better soon. x

NDH, i dont have many friends here either so my shower will be all family.. xxx

yea im not too fussed about the measurements now as long as the doctor is happy. xx

Sarah, I have heard temps get wacky on clomid too. I hope its not going to be a problem. Maybe you should call them soon to see what it means, and what you can do to change it before your go of clomid is over and was not effective. At least you get vegas! Holy hot there I bet. Its hot here in MN.

Preethi glad the scan went well!

NDH- sounds like you are starting to feel baby lots now! How awesome that is.

Mummy- happy 23! I forgot we were so close in our weeks!

Flying have a fun shwer! I am throwing my sister's end of july and after all this stress I told her I may not even want one and she's not really on board with that idea....idk. i hate a fuss so not sure I even want one!

Sarah- I like the idea of a big fuzzy rug in front of the baby crib. We have an ok sized room so it should be ok. I am worried about clothing storage and wipes, diapers, burp rags and stuff. That will be tough to find. I also want to do a little mural of maybe baby's name on the wall near the crib to make it like his own little area. Gotta go find some bedding today, because I need to paint that room and want it all to match! We just picked out our carpet to be put down in a week or two so hope that room goes back together soon. lots of work!

Anyways, our ultrasound was super cool! I have 42 pictures on a CD that I can print them off of, the printed like 15, and I've got an hour long video of the ultrasound. So neat. Here are some!

1st pic the cord looks like a mustache hahahaha
4th pic he is holding the cord with a thumbs up.
5th pic looks as though he is laughing at us.

i have more!

Attachments

• IMAGES_6.jpg
    IMAGES_6.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMAGES_8.jpg
    IMAGES_8.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMAGES_11.jpg
    IMAGES_11.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMAGES_12.jpg
    IMAGES_12.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMAGES_16.jpg
    IMAGES_16.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 7
Heres some more. He did so many cute things its hard to choose a couple!

1st pic look at those long fingers!
2nd pic a huge yawn.
3rd- arm and calf, foot
4th trying to hide from us.

It was so amazing to see him in there like this! :happydance:

Cant wait for my next one at like 29 or 30 weeks.

Attachments

• IMAGES_23.jpg
    IMAGES_23.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAGES_29.jpg
    IMAGES_29.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMAGES_34.jpg
    IMAGES_34.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAGES_40.jpg
    IMAGES_40.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 6
omg ny those are amazing!!! :cloud9: I love the thumbs up....he is saying 'Im A-OK stop worrying!' and then lastly 'no more photos please'!!!

it just baffles my mind that you are growing a person. I cant believe it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->