ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Preethi- look at you go and buy all your baby stuff! What a good girl! And so nice that your hubby wanted to do it all when he's usually a bit held off.

Happy 25 flying!

It was my "vday" yesterday so happy 24 weeks to me! But, as i've said before, I dont want to celebrate that being my vday as i've never actually heard of a good outcome from a baby that early on. So just happy 24 weeks to me! 6 months even better, I love the sound of that.

Happy half way Huggles and Sheryl.
Huggles- nice that he's felt it so early! Bet he loves it. Mine is always feeling...but he misses the kicks a lot for lack of patience!

My friend works in the NICU at our local children's hospital and she said they have saved babies at 22 weeks there.

I think the youngest baby ever saved was 21 weeks 3 days. But ya, that's very very uncommon as most hospitals don't try before 24 weeks.

Ny, happy belated 24 weeks! Yet another one happening around the same time - but I guess when there are only 7 possible days to celebrate it's always going to seem really close together.

Sarah- any ideas of what to do for a baby "corner" in my bedroom? I want it to kinda have a little area, but it has no bedroom separately right now!

Im not sure how big your room is, and how much you want to change things.....you could 'separate' with some sheer fabric (hanging from the ceiling on a rail like a curtain) or even paint the corner a different colour with some decals on the wall....those things would be easy to change later. you could also put a nice rug so that area 'feels' different to the rest of the room when you are standing there. with less room you will have to be creative with the space...do you already have a cot etc?

NDH, my 'week' switches over on a friday my time, but it's generally still thurs for most people on here! lol.

I intend to do a lot of baby wearing too, I carry and lift fairly heavy dogs all day long with worse support than a good wrap (gonna make one if I don't get given one) so I think wearing the baby will work well for me! We've been given a couple of prams, so one is going to stay with the parents & inlaws out of town, and the other we'll keep here but it'll probably live in the car too!

Preethi; wooohoo! What a lot of stuff you got, I can't wait to see the photos of it all when you get it! What fun to unpack everything too!! hehe.

Ny, the best part was that it was him suggesting to buy everything and he was so enthusiastic about my maternity clothes etc and everything so yes it was really nice,

Happy 24 weeks to you !!!!! :holly: :holly: :headspin:

its our scan tomorrow,,, cant wait !!!

sarah, wow you are a designer, thats great ! i thought you did web desiging, didnt know you did interior designing as well .. if i had some room space, id ask you to do my room !!

Hope you get your BFP soon and are able to do the room your way.,. xxxx :kiss:

Hope everyone is doing alright.

today is a friday and its as good as a sunday for you guys. so we are off to my parents to go out for an evening meal, thats about it really.. enjoy your day !

Happy 24 weeks NY!

Wow, massive shopping trip babyhopes! Awesome that you got all that stuff at half price!

NDH - my week's change on thurs, but it seems to be the same as flying's friday. And i know sheryl and i are the same just one week apart exactly, so she's also thurs. That is actually quite funny that we all seem to change weeks on the same day! LoL

Movement!

After much research I'm positive today was my "quickening"! Was laying on the couch with my eyes closed and I started to feel flutters about a handsbreadth below my bellybutton and three fingers to the right. Felt like a gentle muscle spasm which went away and the. Started again a bit later about an inch farther down. Felt it again about half an hour later in a simialr spot.

Anyway that makes today not a completely horrible day. DH is back to looking for work on Monday as a previous employee who had moved away is back and asked for his job back and as DH is the most recently hired they replaced him *sigh*. I'll be looking on Monday as well as I notices a couple of nearby cares are hiring - one full time.

Sorry about your dh's job NDH. Hope he finds another job soon.

Yay for feeling movement!!!

wow NDH, so glad you felt movement so soon and your dh did too.. im so happy for you !!! xx

Hope he finds a job soon. FX'D

sarah, wow you are a designer, thats great ! i thought you did web desiging, didnt know you did interior designing as well .. if i had some room space, id ask you to do my room !!

hi! yes I am a graphic designer, but Im pretty good at interiors too...we have purchased and sold a few properties and Im good at staging them for selling. the last one sold in 1 day. cant wait to see the photos of your stuff and so glad hubby was all into it :happydance: good luck with the scan too

NDH OMG how amazing!!!!! :cloud9: but sorry about DH's job, I hope he finds something STABLE that he enjoys soon. are they allowed to just fire him because someone asked for their job back? I suppose if he was in a probationary period.

AFM, bfn this morning but obviously its early....however if I did have triplets growing I think they would show by now so phew!!!! :dohh:
also my temps are really crap, I thought clomid was supposed to make them higher but mine are really low. so unless theres a big spike soon Im pretty sure this is not my month, and thats ok....vegas baby!!!!! :kiss:

Fx'd it's just too early to show sarah. But nice to know that you have a bfn now so if you do start seeing a second line in a day or two you know it's a true line and not leftovers from the HCG they gave you!

:hi:

Happy 25 weeks Amy! :flower:
Happy 24 weeks Nikki! :flower:
Happy 19 weeks Huggles! :flower:
Happy 14 weeks Natalie! :flower:

Preethi, fab news about the shopping trip! :cloud9:
Dew, I bet you must be thrilled your procedure is over, but it's good that they found somthing that might have been causing a problem!
NDH.. sorry about hubby's job... but AWESOME news about movement!
Sarah.. Hope you don't get to go to Vegas :haha: No really.. hope that you see two lines soon (I'm sure you'll not quite believe it when it happens)
Sheryl... hope you have a nice weekend - not long till your scan now!!!

NDH... I level up on Saturdays! :thumbup:

Sarah, so sorry your temps are crap, if you really are sure that this is not your month, then i hope you enjoy vegas and get that much needed break !! FX'D if you still have a chance.. xxxx

Sarah, so sorry your temps are crap, if you really are sure that this is not your month, then i hope you enjoy vegas and get that much needed break !! FX'D if you still have a chance.. xxxx

someone told me in the over 35 folder that they thought I shouldnt be temping while on clomid :shrug: so who knows!

wow i did not know that about clomid, but then again if they are talking out of experience, maybe you should ask your FS about the same ! could be worth knowing xx because i kno you and dew rely on temps a lot xx

wow i did not know that about clomid, but then again if they are talking out of experience, maybe you should ask your FS about the same ! could be worth knowing xx because i kno you and dew rely on temps a lot xx

to tell you the truth I only rely on temps for confirming ovulation, and then the day of period my temp usually crashes so I know its coming. the rest of it is a mystery and I dont think means much. you can have high temps and not be pregnant and low temps and be pregnant, so cant really rely on it. will wait and see what happens thursday....how many days?? :haha:

its canada day here today so inlaws are coming over for a bbq. then tomorrow hubby is taking me for lunch and a movie. got lots of things to do around the house so should keep me busy. anyone else got any fun plans?

Yesterday was BIL's bday so tomorrow the family is all going out to dinner at a steakhouse and BIL, DH and I are going to see Transformers 3. Sunday we have that funeral at 3 and then a BBQ with friends.

Oooo yay for movement NDH! How awesome!!!! :D :D :D But sucks about DH's job!!!! :(

Sarah, I don't think it'd make any diff if you temp or not on clomid; temping doesn't actually *change* anything, so saying you "shouldn't" temp when on clomid is just weird! lol!! You can temp if you want to, and I personally love the data it brings in!!! hehehe. And gives ya something to do... lol.

I'm cleaning today. Cleaning cleaning cleaning. Baby shower tomorrow afternoon!!!! Can't wait! I don't really have any games planned or anything, I just want to get together with friends who I haven't seen in ages!!! lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->