ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Well your husband beat mine on feeling kicks if that makes you feel any better. Hopefully by the time I get to 26 weeks they will be bigger on the outside for him. He saw my belly move on the outside for the first time Sunday evening.

sheryl, seeing your belly move is far better progression than feeling it, seeing it means its big enough for your eyes to see !! wow.. i havent seen my belly move at all.. never mind my husband.. and youre 23 weeks so thats really awesome

My hubby didn't feel any kicks until about that stage too I think Preethi, so YAY! See, once you feel that first 'real' kick, they start coming in much much more! You've already felt quite a few on the outside now, and I know you'll be feeling more inside... woohoo! So happy you're getting kicks now! I know they're small still, but they'll get bigger, trust me. hehehe!

woohoo Huggles, the scan sounds like a great deal, and I'm sure you WILL get to enjoy it. And it'll be all the more bitter-sweet because of it. :hugs:

Sarah, I love the pic of you guys! I've been to sydney once, but was staying way out in the suburbs (and was 16 years old and alone) so didn't really go far at night!!! Still enjoyed it though!

And the 30% success with IVF is because of your age isn't it? If you're under 35 then it's up at closer to 50% I believe... Still sucks though! The live birth rate is lower than the pregnancy rate too of course, as the pregnancies can still fail for any reason just like a naturally conceived one can! :( I have a friend my age (mid 20's) who has PCOS and they have been trying for years now to conceive, she's had one miscarriage early on but nothing since then. They're doing IVF later in the year if they can't succeed otherwise.

And as for sleeping, I could *easily* sleep in a separate bed! lol! I love to sprawl sideways and hubby is hot and sweaty at night too so yeah, I am enjoying the bed to myself for a couple of nights!!! heh. Hubby gets up at 4am though so I do get a couple of hours to sprawl in the mornings normally too. ;)

28 weeks today! I'm a bit freaked out about the big 30 looming up... cos then it starts getting into a single-digit count down!!! wtf!!?

Happy 28 weeks flying !!! wow how exciting !! :headspin; you are so close, only literally 12 weeks something to go and next thing you know you will be writing about your waters breaking and that you are rushing off to hospital... how exciting !!

yay for feeling some great kicks and that other people felt them too babyhopes! :happydance:

Happy 28 weeks flying!

:hi:

Sorry not been about... Sarah I'm sooooooo excited for this cycle for you! I can't believe 29million spermies! :shock: one of those little guys certainly has to find that egg! :dance: I'm seeing a friend this morning... she has a 3yr old.. who took 2 cycles to conceive and has now been trying for a sibling for over a year.. almost 18 months now! I'm really hoping she might have news for me today as she initiated the catch up... so even when someone seems fertile, TTC can be an issue!

Happy 28 weeks flying and fabulous news about the kicks Preethi!

My thoughtful (read: not so thoughtful) husband was in Luxembourg this week and returned with a gift for me... I was thinking... SCORE... I'm getting chocolates.. no no... why would you buy a pregnant lady chocolates... I know what will be better... alcohol! Yep... hubby came home with 2 large bottles of grog. :dohh: He was confused by my lack of excitement??? :shock: I did ask him if forgot that my growing tummy was actually due to a BABY and not from eating too many pies! :dohh:

Anyway... hope you are all well! Thinking of you Dew! :flower:

cant believe he got you grog mummy.. wow, poor thing, it mustve completely slipped his mind !!

wish your friend has good news mummy. xxx

Hello everyone!

AF got me yesterday! Please don't say anything, I know you are sorry for me and hope for me to get pregnant soon. Thanks for you support!

Sarah, my best wishes and prayers are with you all the time even when I am not writing on the forum. I hope IUI works for you very very soon because 1) I want IT sincerely to happen to you ASAP and 2) that's where we are headed to after our appointment with gynec on August 5th.

More later...take care you all! :hugs:

sorry the witch got you Dew, but really glad you have a gynae app booked - hope they have some positive info/suggestions for you :hugs:

Hi Dew! Glad to hear from you, and I am glad you've got a plan to try IUI as well.

Mummy- lemme guess, its for after baby, right? Yea right, he will drink it all before then! What a dummy head. We would much rather have chocolate!

I am still up north, we had a blast yesterday in the lake ALL day long. Got a little sun burnt, my poor lips are very sore:( But today will be leaving to drive the 3 hours back home so thats a bummer! Tomorrow is OH's bday and I work 630am-3 but in the evening we go to a U2 concert. Excited to take my little one to his first concert! Talk soon!

Thanks Huggles, Preethi and NY! He honestly thought very little... specially not about me! He should have just said I've bought myself something... not bothering to buy you anything... because I can't drink it. Not till November at any rate and even then, we;re hoping to breastfeed! :dohh:

Nevermind... next time I'll tell him not to bother!

Dew.. nice to see you hun :hugs:

Dew, nice to see you and glad you are willing to try IUI, im not going to say sorry or anything as you ask, hope youre appointment goes well :hugs:

Ny, glad you had a great time in the lake !! enjoy your OH's birthday tomorrow..and the concert !!

mummy, we are planning to BF as well but they say half a pint etc at times wont hurt, maybe even a pint, plus if you express beforehand its ok etc? i dont know but i want to find out as i want to BF but at the same time im dying for a pint of good bitter !

LOL, Preethi I never took you for the Bitter kinda gal! :D But I LOVE that about you! Always full of surprises! Yeah a lot of old school midwives say that even Guinness in small amounts is good for breastfeeding! :)

I think in small amounts it's completely fine! Though I found with Lottie I had to be cautious about what I ate. Chocolate would give her unsettled sleep... as did caffeine! Which was crap... because when you have a child who's not sleeping because you aren't breastfeeding well and you can only stay awake with cups of coffee and that keeps baby awake... it's a vicious cycle that ended in tears - and a very tired Mummy!

Perhaps you should ask the question when you cover breastfeeding at your antenatal class? See what they say?? :hugs:

mummy, lol :D the only type of beer i like to drink is a pint of irish caffreys / tetleys/ mansfield.. lol lager makes me pee a lot..

thanks for that piece of advice on BFing... i did hear about chocolate and caffeine too...

in my antenatals though the midwife was saying that having an express pump is useful if mums decide to have a night out.. and i was thinking in my head.. but wait, youre not supposed to drink are you ? and i dont think she answered my question that well but it seemed to be ok.. as in the UK, they say even whilst youre pregnant youre allowed to have 2 units or something a week.. ive heard that from many of my dh's mates wives who have been having a few untils whilst pregnant,. i completely disagree but thats my personal opinion.. xxxx

oooh... caffreys is my favourite out of that lot! :)

Yep... midwives here state 1-2 units every 1-2 weeks. It's so vague.... but I guess the advice here is that a little is okay, large quantities are not. In fact they are more strict about caffeine saying 'x' amount per day is advised as the limit and then go on to list how much caffeine is in a standard cup of coffee/tea/coke/chocolate etc so you can work out what you can have within that limit. I was told the same for both my pregnancies so it's been like that here since 2008.

xxxxxxx

hi everyone!

hi dew, great to hear from you. I hear you on asking people not to say anything :thumbup: so are you saying you think you will ask for IUI after the apt? looking forward to seeing what they say.

mummy thats so funny!! men ay!!

preethi I am picturing you in the next class you asking 'when can I have a pint of bitter' and everyone looking at you like :saywhat::rofl::rofl::rofl:
isnt your scan this weekend?

nothing new here, got lots to do before we leave on sunday. Im very excited as my mum is here as soon as we get back so even if this is not our cycle it wont be long before I start a new one. I think I should actually go away every 2ww until we get pregnant!!

yeah if you want to drink while breastfeeding, pump a few feeds before you go out to drink, and feed the baby the expressed milk for the next couple of feeds (though you'll usually have to keep pumping yourself to keep the flow coming, just discard the alcohol milk...) and then the alcohol will have left your system and you're safe to go again. Can you tell I've looked into it already? lol!!!

Dew, it's lovely to see you, I've been watching your chart so saw the spotting and medium flow come on, but figured you were having your own space. As you say, you know we're all sending you the best wishes hun! Do keep popping in from time to time... I know it'll be harder the next few months, regardless of a BFP or not, it'll still be hard, and for that: :hugs:

I'm off to work soon, only have a couple of dogs in though so it's easy (I NEVER do many dogs on a saturday; I already work 5 days full time, I'm not doing the 6th day all day long!) and then I'll be off to see the midwife! And then from now on my midwife appointments will become fortnightly rather than monthly as the time starts to count down!!! I'm still not quite believing I'm over 28 weeks along... I *swear* it was only like a month ago I was in the first tri looking at tickers of those at this point and being amazed at how far along they were...! lol!!!!! What's freaking me out MORE though is the lil "29" on my calender, that's less than a week away now, and then I'm gonna have to flip the calender page and it'll allllllllllllll be 30's! omg!

I am very much looking forward to hearing babys heartbeat every 2 weeks now though! heh.

Hubby has been busy helping his parents move, so I haven't heard anything much from him except brief txts every now & again. My boss (who's like another mum to me) invited me over for dinner last night (she's an amazing cook too!) so I didn't get home until 8pm last night (having left at 8am for work that morning!) but it was really nice to hang out with her for no reason other than I could. We're going to get takeaways tonight and watch a dvd! heh. She lost her husband in October, so I think she enjoys some company, and we get along great so blobbing out with her in front of a dvd with takeaways sounds great! :D

It's good to see you back Dew. We miss you when you're in the TWW but understand completely. Will you be trying IUI this cycle then? That's exciting to have a plan of action to look forward to and I hope it makes this month pass quickly for you :hugs:.

Mummy I can't believe your hubby! :dohh: Its not like you're newly pregnant and he forgot - I don't understand whyever he thought alcohol would be a good gift for his pregnant wife. If he wants to buy it for himself fine, and he didn't have to buy you anything so why even try to make it out as a gift for you? Lol. That's even worse than the time DH phoned me at work and told me he had a present for me when I get home and it turned out to be a half eaten Blizzard from Dairy Queen that he'd put in the freezer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->