ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

I know! Half of one really? I don't mind splitting one together but him eating half and "saving" the rest for me makes it either look like he didn't like it and is fobbing rhe rest off on me, or that he felt guilty about buying himself a treat , or that he had intended the whole thing for me but couldn't help himself and ate part of it... It wouldn't have been so bad if he'd simply told me "hey I bought a blizzard and saved you some" when I got home, but calling me at work and telling me he had a present for me... I was expecting flowers (which I've received 3 times in the 5 years we've been together) or jewellery or even dinner cooked and the kitchen clean would have been lovely lol.

Preethi, all my breast feeding friends say you can have nights out with drinks , just "pump n dump". So, get a stocked up freezer, have your drinks, and the next 2 feeds pump it out and throw away. But you still have the frozen good stuff in the freezer. I hear you on craving a nice cold one, I live red wine and really want a glass!

I dreamt the other night that I was drinking while pregnant.....like a lot! Awful, because I wouldn't dream of it but apparently I crave a drink. Lol.

Funny about the dummy husbands and their rotten "gifts". Guess we need to draw them a picture.

Sarah, can't wait to see pics of Vegas! What day do you come back?

I am feeling kind of very ill after our 4 hour trek home. Ugh. Got dehydrated I think.

I just added a two-pack of these to my registry for the front door and pantry (poison inside). I am terrified the baby is going to sneak out of the house one night. They will also have the door knob covers but smart babies can get through any of them from what I have read.

https://www.kidsafeinc.com/product/8705/Door-Flip-Lock-for-Child-Safety.html

well my midwife was up all night with a birth, and only went to bed at lunch time today so we've moved our appointment to tomorrow afternoon instead! I have no plans so it's all fine by me, and baby is wriggling soooo much now days that while I love to hear the heartbeat, it's not so bad to wait another day to hear it! lol.

Hubby has just called, he was *possibly* going to be home tonight, more likely to be home tomorrow, but now he's decided it'll be more likely to be monday that he's home! He normally has mondays off anyway, and his parents need help unpacking and sorting everything now that it's all moved to the new place, so he'll stay there and help while he can. It means I get the bed to myself for two more nights! woop! lol.

LOL... NDH.. what are our OH's like??? :dohh: I think it's very natural for women to think of others A LOT... I mean it's kinda built into us and natural because as a mother you're always putting the needs of others first. Take getting ready to out for example... I have to get Lottie and I ready and he'll just bother about himself and then get annoyed with me if I didn't pick up his phone/wallet.... it's amazing he's survived days like those! :haha:

Flying hope you enjoy that extra space in the bed! It's lush!! :haha:

Sheryl, good job on already looking into child proofing your house! :thumbup:

NY i had a dream about pregnancy last night too... I was being induced again and there were four other ladies.. all who were being induced at the same time but they had their babies before me in the dream... they were all boys.... and then I woke up... before I finished labour! :dohh: I wonder what that's all about!

Hi ladies,,, sarah, glad youre going away is going to help you relax in the 2ww.. maybe you should as you say do it more often !! xx

thanks for all the info on bfing ladies..flying, glad to hear your dh will be back soon but you will have the bed to yourself to enjoy for a couple of days.. yay for your appointment tomorrow !! xxx

Ny, keep drinking water.. dehydration is the worst thing that can happen xx

Sheryl, good link on the child proofing !!
i had my scan today and baby was breech and had her legs all the way to the top of her head, it was so cute, everything looked fine and she was weighing about 880gms..

the only concern was that my amniotic fluid seemed a bit low , more like borderline.. so she tested me for leakage and i didnt leak, she asked me to have more fluids and said she would see me again in 10 days to check the level of fluid, she said there could be two reasons..

one the baby is lying in a breech position which masks out most of the fluid on the scan

or youre leaking,.. shes ruled out leaking.. now i will see her in 10 days for an nother scan..2nd of august and then have my GTT fasting sugar test on the 6th of august..

hope everyones doing well otherwise xxxx

hi everyone

ndh omg thats so funny. and mummy you are right theres definitely an instinct in us. i notice when we return home my first thought is to feed the cats/dogs and hubbies is to feed himself, says it all!!

preethi glad she doesnt think you are leaking, hope everything shows clearly on your next scan :hugs:

well we are leaving our house 9am tomorrow and I have a million things to do today as my mum arrives from england the same day we return so I want the house looking nice and have to do her bedding! so I will say goodbye now, I probably wont be online all week as I want to forget about TTCing and I think you have to pay for the internet at the hotel. Im back on sunday which will be 11dpo so the countdown will begin. have a lovely week everyone :flower:

enjoy your trip sarah!

Babyhopes - baby is nice weight :thumbup:
fx the low fluid is just due to being breeched.

Have a great time in Vegas Sarah! It's one my favorite places :)

Hey everyone :hi: hope you all are doing great!

Me and DH are meeting my gynec on Aug 5 for consultation, that is when we'll ask her what she thinks is best approach for us and DH will (definitely) ask her to refer us to RE (FS). With her referral, we will schedule our first appointment with RE (waiting time of 1-2 weeks)...no idea how it will proceed from there. On their website I read, following tests are performed to determine the reproductive status - SA for DH, Day 3 hormone tests, HSG and post-coital test....we have done them all except post-coital test which cannot be performed in this cycle as we won't be in city around ovulation time. Considering all that, my thinking is that IUI (or IVF?) may happen after 2 cycles (including current and next cycle). I do want to try naturally for 2 more cycles (as they say you are more fertile 3 months after HSG) but DH has lost patience and is very willing to spend money to get us pregnant. AFM, I am just disappointed and depressed. Hopefully, IUI will work for Sarah to give me much needed hope.

Sarah, you return on Sunday (30th?) and I leave on Aug 1. I think I need vacation from 9DPO to 15DPO every cycle.

Take care you all, stay cool and hydrated and enjoy your pregnancies :thumbup:

hi dew :flower:

glad you have a plan, and where are you going? you are lucky, you go on many trips :thumbup: vegas is one of my fave places too so I cant wait.

Im sorry you are dissappointed and depressed. This TTC thing is so hard. But I think it can just take time... thats the hard part to get your head around. We only have about 10-30% chance per cycle so really the odds are against us, regardless of age and background. Dont be dissappointed in yourself, I hope you will feel excited to be doing something once you get to see the FS, I know I did. The IUI was a breeze and it really made me happy that I am giving myself a better chance than normal months. Hubby was holding my hand and I had a photo of my dad with me, so if we conceive it was a special moment just like if we had BDd!! the way I look at it is we will do everything we can to get our first baby, then try naturally after. Im hoping you will get your BFP before you even get to see the FS. So I guess I might not talk to you much these next few weeks so :hugs:, will you be on the internet when away?

Thanks so much Sarah!

We are going to Chicago. It is not so much a vacation but a need. DH has an important meeting in Chicago which happens to be around ovulation time so I have to go with him. He will be busy all the time with meetings and late night dinner/drinks with colleagues so mostly I will be all by myself. He is staying in a nice hotel so that is the only plus. I may or may not come online :)

You enjoy your trip Sarah, just don't overexert yourself, you wouldn't want to give yourself a reason to feel guilty if AF arrives. :hugs:

Thanks so much Sarah!

We are going to Chicago. It is not so much a vacation but a need. DH has an important meeting in Chicago which happens to be around ovulation time so I have to go with him. He will be busy all the time with meetings and late night dinner/drinks with colleagues so mostly I will be all by myself. He is staying in a nice hotel so that is the only plus. I may or may not come online :)

You enjoy your trip Sarah, just don't overexert yourself, you wouldn't want to give yourself a reason to feel guilty if AF arrives. :hugs:

thank you, the only exertion I will be doing is the repetive motion of giving money away to the slots, carrying my black jack cards or eating at the buffet :rofl:

I just noticed theres 2 bfps in the assisted folder both time first time IUIs. Im not expecting to get a bfp first time (I cant imagine being that lucky) but proof it really works....some of these ladies have been trying many years. theres been 3 in the over 35 folder, I think they were mainly on 2nd cycles of IUIs. Im sure you will get excited once you talk to the RE.

hopefully it will be nice for you to get away and relax in a nice hotel. do you like to read? I love to read when away, never seem to find the time when home. I tend to like biographies as Im interested in peoples lives, I have the andre agassi one I might take to vegas. the shania twain one looks interesting too so might buy that.

anyway take care :hugs:

hahaha, remember how I said we rescheduled my midwife appointment for 1pm today? Well I got up to a light dusting of snow on the ground this morning, and by 12 o'clock the roads were white too, and at 2:30 now we have around an inch on the ground. Needless to say I've cancelled todays appointment too (I live at the top of a steep hill, I could get down, but from the reports I've had, I wont' get back up!) so it'll be another day I see her! *sigh*

Just a FYI; it's winter here (before I get the 'omg, what!?' reaction again! lol; I've had a few american friends be shocked until they remembered it's winter here!) and I know it seems pitiful for only an inch of snow, but while we [obviously] do get snow, an inch of snow on the ground will shut down the entire city [which is all on hills anyway]; no one will go anywhere unless it's out to play in it with 4WDs! Businesses will be closed, public transport won't be running etc. It'll only last until tomorrow and we'll all be back on board again, and it may not happen again this year at all; so there's no point in the city having machinery to plow/grade the roads for one or two days a year! Hence we just shut down for the day!!!

And cos I can, here is the dogs playing in the snow earlier:
https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_2623.jpg

https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_2648.jpg

https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_2649.jpg

that's so cool you got snow flying!
It's winter here too, but never snows. Best we get is a light dusting on table mountain once every 10 years or so!
The dogs look so cute playing in it!

Enjoy vegas sarah and enjoy your getaway to chicago dew!

sarah, enjoy your trip and your mums arrival, totally understand why you need the break as well.. FX'D everything works out well for you x

Dew, im sorry that you feel stressed out and depressed, its completely understandable, i do hope sincerely that you get answeres to all your questions at your appointment and that you have a solution xxx

flying, nice pics x

Sarah, good luck gambling in Vegas!! Also hoping your mom will bring some good luck to you :hugs:

Cute pictures Flying! I am from Midewest USA and we get tons of snow and NEVER shut down. Lol. I am jealous!

Sarah- vegas sounds so fun, Ive only been once and loved it. Wish I could go again but thats not in the near future! I can't wait to hear from you, hope the trip goes well and it sure will make 2ww fly by! Go win some money.

Our only big vacation plan is to maybe to go Wisconsin Dells over my daughter's spring break next spring. Lol. Thats a pathetic vacation plan, but with new baby coming, I couldn't imagine bringing a 5 month old on an airplane trip and travel with him.....still want my daughter to have some fun though. I am bummed that we didn't go somewhere this summer before the baby came....stupid house has taken all the time and made us miss out on our babymoon.

U2 concert was fun last night though! 360 stage was neat, but the pouring rain was rough, and standing the whole night with my extra weight after working since 6 am was so hard. Then we had to wait 1.5 hours for the shuttle bus to bring us back, so that was standing more until 1 am. Ive not been up until 1am for about 7 months, and I am hurting today for sure. Oh well! Not every day to see U2 in the pouring rain.

Dew- I like chicago enough. Fun to get away, hope you can stroll navy pier or something on your free time. Do you fly or drive? We drove there but OH flies there often too for his work. I took DD when she was about 18 months and at the top of Sears tower look out I have a picture of her standing in the middle of the room red faced, as she tried to poop in her diaper. She was very concentrating and seemed like the sort of thing a mother should make fun of her kid for as they got older. Pooing at the top of the tower! Neat you get to go with OH though for the fertile time. Its what I did for New York, went only because it was ovulation time, not really because I wanted to go to NY for anything. But we ended up getting preg that cycle so I will never forget that trip!

Mummy- I totally agree on the women being much more in tune to other's needs. I would always share anything I eat or drink with my daughter, and make sure she has enough before myself. OH will eat his stuff fast, and make sure he has enough! I constantly tell him, even though little kid's mouths are slobbery and sometimes icky, you must share your drink with them and make sure they're full before yourself. Its just how it goes! He is trying to teach my daughter to not back wash her spit into his water bottles:) I just pretend its not happening and share with her!

Preethi- I would say the baby probably was hiding the fluid level because of position, but just drink drink drink! I heard being dehydrated lowers the amount a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->