ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

ive been very ill the last few days, cant get out of bed what with a banging headache and sore body all over, my swollen feet have also taken a toll on me and im having horrible sleep as i wake up about 5 times a night to pee and keep drinking more water.

i also discovered since last night ive got itchy hands and feet and my fingers have now developed a red like allergy itch spots all over it.. im concerned that it could be a symptom of something else but they say its normal because of oestrogen levels when i googled it. hope its nothing, i dont really need anymore scares in this pregnancy

definitely speak to your doctor hun! It may be nothing to worry about (and that's what we'll hope) but it might be something they need to keep an eye on... :hugs:

I hope you feel better soon.... in the meantime I'll have a Happy 3rd Trimester booby party for you!!! :holly: :holly: :holly: :holly: :holly: :holly:

ny - glad you enjoyed the U2 concert! We went towards the end of last year and loved it! Sorry it was raining though.

Babyhopes - maybe call your mw/dr? Hope you feel better soon :hugs:
Happy 27 weeks and third tri!

My doc does not consider third trimester until 28 weeks so according to her and my what to expect when youre expecting book, third tri starts next week.. plus mummy, as you may know baby is measuring 6 days behind so my gestational age is according to yours,but my ticker is according to my LMP.

Hope you ladies are doing well. I still havent gotten my bfp yet.

Preethi, praying for your and baby's good health, hope you feel well very soon. As others suggested, please visit your doctor and keep yourself hydrated all the time. :hugs:

NY: Glad you enjoyed U2 concert and survived the loooong day :thumbup: We'll be driving to Chicago. I figured I can spend one day at Millenium Park, it's about 10 minutes by bus from our hotel. Can take a walk by lake one of the days, also thinking of doing Wendella Boat tours (for $25)...it will all depend on my mood and weather :)

Sarah, I am not an avid reader but do read books on friends' suggestion mostly during flight journeys. My friend got the latest Shopaholic book so will borrow that from her for Chicago trip. At home, I read TIME magazine :)

Flying, your dogs look cute in the pictures :thumbup:

Hope everyone else is doing well :hugs:

mummy, ill still consider it third tri :) how nice of you..

today my itching started again and doc is concerned so i am running through a battery of blood work tests.. had my bloods done today but then she called me and i have to do a repeat tomorrow as i dont think i fasted for the serum bile test.. it needs fasting for a good few hours.. so im off to see her again tomorrow, she wants to check my fluid levels and do the test again..

Preethi: good luck with blood work results and U/S...I hate it that you have to go through such anxiety at this stage in pregnancy...take good care and stay relaxed :hugs:

Good luck preethi and take care of yourself with rest. I heard itchy hands to be a symptom of something when i was reading a month ago but now cannot remember what it was. I hope they fix it though for you.

Dew- I think I read that shopaholic book. Or one of them if there are a few. Idk, I sometimes enjoy a mindless read but also like ones that are more of thinkers. I have a Nook so I just put a bunch on there, we will see if i ever get round to them.

I have had kind of a rough day again. My back is very bad and I was at work limping down the hallways in a lot of pain, but still worked and kind of hurt it more while moving a patient...its just so weak and pinching a nerve down my hip I think. So im laying on a heating pad, we will see what that does. Also, having some cramping and major shooting pains "down there." I was told it could be Mr. Bean finding my cervix and kicking it, so hope thats all it is.
Doc checks my cervix on thursday when I get my first pelvic exam in like 7 months! Lol. Ick.

Do I need to fast for my GD test for those that have done it? they didn't mention that at all, and mine's in the afternoon...so hope not!

Are you U.S. ladies watching this presidential address right now?

Are you U.S. ladies watching this presidential address right now?

No I missed it. We had govt shutdown in Minnesota for 3 weeks, don't think they will let that happen to the country.

NY there are 3 shopaholic books I think, they are mindless fun read :) I have seen the movie too but book is so much better.
you have been putting a lot of stress on your body, hope you get good (well deserved) rest and feel better. :hugs:

No, I don't think it will happen either but the media sure does like to scare everyone. They always work it out somehow.

Ny, yea the conditon you are talking about is obstetric choestatis, and ive been tested for that and i passed, but they are testing my serum bile acid for something similar so i am having only breakfast, not lunch and then the test today

i had to do my 3 hour fasting for my GD test and i did it at 18 weeks and passed and now i have another one scheduled for the 6th of august, fasting as well from midnight, no water, no food..

sorry about your back , hope you get better soon and is probably your LO kicking your cervix, how cool !

Good luck with all your blood tests babyhopes.

ny - i'm not sure about the GTT - i think maybe for the 1 hour test you don't have to fast but for the 3 hours test you do? No idea really :shrug:
Good luck though!

Oh Preethi - you've been going through a lot this whole pregnancy. I hope the amniotic fluid isn't really low but was due to position, or else that it is able to refill. And I'm glad you passed the test for OC, but keep an eye on it because your symptoms are classic for it - I'll be on the lookout for it as my liver has already been functioning abnormally this whole pregnancy and it worries me. I hope it gets sorted out soon.

NY, it would be worth a call to inquire about your GTT - it does typically have to be a fasting test, but being that it's an afternoon one you might be able to eat/drink early in the morning, I'd certainly hope so anyway! I'm not looking forward to my GTT at 28 weeks and as far as I know it's just the 1 hour one (I think they always start with the 1 hour and do the 3 hour one if the results were borderline?).

Sarah I hope you're having a fabulous time with your mum.

Dew, it must be nice to have a game plan - I think you're being very wise and patient and I hope one of your natural cycles is a successful one, but it's nice to have IUI in the near future if necessary.

AFM, my parents are back in the country after being in Canada for 4 weeks - mom brought some baby clothes back and other things for baby. And yesterday was my first appointment with the midwife - lets say I wasn't impressed with her. But everything is well, heartbeat was 142bpm (first time I got to hear it).

NDH, sorry your appointment did not go well, you can always change MW's cant you ??

my ob gyn called me today and said she thinks i do have OC even though my blood work has to be given this evening and the diagnosis has not been made.. anyway we will know in the afternoon.. right now im using a cream given for the itching.. glad youre parents are over and you got stuff for the baby !!! xxx

do keep a watch out.. and do get checked for OC if your liver has been abnormal, its always worth it. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->