ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Preethi: I understand your anxiety but that doctor sounds really nice to me and he must know what he is talking about. I hope next 2 weeks go smooth and give you and DH enough time to prepare for your C-section. More than anything else, I wish and pray for your good health and pray so much that baby even if born smaller, is taken care of nicely and catches up on all aspects in the neonatal intensive care :hugs: :hugs: Stay calm please!!

Hi Dew- No, my daughter didn't come to any scans with us...i should have brought her but she wasn' really interested and she is interested in a lot of aspects of this pregnancy, so maybe they just make her uncomfortable and I don't want to push anything that will make her think poorly of this pregnancy and the baby.

Preethi- wow, 2 weeks! That must be a crazy feeling to know its coming so soon now. Do they say how much they think she will weigh when born at that time? Would you be having a 4, 5 lb baby do you think? I hope it goes well for 2 weeks and you guys get all prepared for this adventure that is coming to you early! It will all be fine im sure. Does this mean she needs to be in the hospital for 8 weeks, or could it be less?

Double post, I finally got a few pics to upload. Not sure, maybe BNB just does'nt like my computer or something but I have a tough time!

Third pic is the one when my sweet little boy flicked us off. Lol. It is of his hands in front of face and takes a second to figure out what you are looking at.

Attachments

• IMAGES_25.jpg
    IMAGES_25.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMAGES_17.jpg
    IMAGES_17.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 4
  • IMAGES_13.jpg
    IMAGES_13.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMAGES_48.jpg
    IMAGES_48.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 5
Oh wow! Cute pictures NY. So, is the baby sleeping or do they keep their eyes closed inside the tummy? and is that his little hand on left eye in 2nd picture? :) I can't make anything out in the third pic.

In the second picture its his FOOT. His legs and feet and hands are all smushed up by his face, poor guy has no room! I am pretty sure they do not open their eyes until out of the womb, and even a few hours after birth. But they can see light changes already inside the womb! So no, he wasnt sleeping but eyes closed. The third pic is his hands up in front of his face, and the one nearest us has middle finger up. We like to call some of the pics "cheese queso dip". But, if you had seen these a lot, you'd be really good at picking out the middle finger sticking up at us in that pic!

My baby gaga Facebook update said this week baby can open their eyes finally. They were previously fused shut. Though I did read on someone elses' 30+ week thing that they were keeping their eyes open more or something of that nature.

Now that you told me I can see complete hand and the middle finger in third pic :)

About eyes, Sheryl has a different view so I will google and try to find out :)

https://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/calendar/week26#momtxt Here is my baby gaga link.

Yup, I read that eyelids develops between 18-20 weeks and baby can open them too but we still don't know if they prefer to keep them open or closed. NY's baby seems to have his eyes closed at the time of scan :)

Dew thanks it's difficult not to worry and feel anxious but I'm hoping for he best for her xxx

Nyp, you must be dreaming 4lb 5pm she's only weighing 1049gm now and I don't think she will be 5lb that's an achievement! Xx

Yes she will have to be in probably until her due date and everythig depends on her health....

Very cute scan pics by, he's already a stunner !!!

awesome pics ny!

re eyes - I think they CAN open them from sometime in the 20 weeks (i think around 26 weeks) but i think generally they prefer to keep them shut. So they are usually shut during scan, but it is possible for them to open them if that makes sense.

Babyhopes - I'm really glad those doctors are so wonderful and caring and are keeping such a close eye on you. I can imagine how scared you must be knowing that your baby will most likely be born in 2 weeks. Just remember that by 32 weeks they really do stand a really great chance of surviving and not only that, but of having no long-term problems as a result. My friend's baby was born by emergency c-section last year at 31+3 due to severe pre-eclampsia. She stayed in nicu for about 6 weeks. She is absolutely fine. The rate of complications due to preterm birth drops dramatically after 32 weeks, so I reckon that's why they're using that as the milestone. If she is struggling inside then it might very well be safer and better for her to get her out. I'm sure she will do great in the nicu and she will be home with you in just a couple of weeks. I'm glad they have a plan though. It is really a scary time for you, but i'm really glad there is a plan and that it won't be left until it's an emergency. Planned sections are always better than emergency ones. We will all be thinking of you and sending loads of positive thoughts your way :hugs:

ThAnks giggles , that really does make me feel better, it's just the shock of knowing ivd got two weeks you know ! Xxxx

lol, no worries - giggles works just as well!

Not sure if you're at a point where you want to read about premies or not, but that friend i mentioned kept a blog from when his daughter was born. You can view it here if you like and see her progress right from the day of the section. The first post is on the bottom of that page and then the newer posts above it. The only "weird" thing with the baby was that she had an umbilical hernia, but don't get freaked out by that or the pics of it, she is now about 10 months old and it is almost completely gone and looks very almost normal. Will probalby be gone completely by the time she's one.

You can also check out Calypso's journal here on bnb - she gave birth 2 weeks ago at 33+2. Her daughter is still in nicu, but should be coming home really soon.

If you give birth at 32+4 ish then you'll be somwhere between the two of them.

But both are very positive stories.

Thanks Huggles, i am everyday in the preemie section of Bnb and am well into it, even though i dont post, i read everyday, so thanks for the link, it does make me feel much better.,. ill read on calypso's as well :hugs:

Huggles, im really interested in reading about jessica but i cant seem to figure out how to get to the first post.. could you please direct me to the first post like when she delivered and fromj her first week in nicu, maybe you could post me the link to the first page please? thanks a lot for sending me the link

Well then! About the eyes, I thought they were like kittens, didn't open for a couple hours after birth. I am glad he didn't have them open during the scan, for some reason that seems like it would be weird! ha.

Preethi- I just thought of something- have you bought smaller clothing now for premies for the baby? I know with normal shopping, newborn is usually bought, so you may need some other things now! Just think, when she is out, she will be thriving and you know that she won't be fighting for room to let her brain and abdomen and everything else grow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->