ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Mummy: I forgot about her :) she is so cute...lovely avatar pic!

Sarah: Here is some info I found today...

Clomiphene citrate (Clomid, Serophene). This drug is taken orally and stimulates ovulation in women who have polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) or other ovulatory disorders. It causes the pituitary gland to release more FSH and LH, which stimulate the growth of an ovarian follicle containing an egg.
Human menopausal gonadotropin (Repronex, Menopur). This injected medication is for women who don't ovulate on their own due to the failure of the pituitary gland to stimulate ovulation. Unlike clomiphene, which stimulates the pituitary gland, human menopausal gonadotropin (hMG) and other gonadotropins directly stimulate the ovaries. This drug contains both FSH and LH.

mummy sorry to hear about mikes family member, hope its treatable and have a lovely visits....my dad grew up in devon, its so nice down that way.

dew thanks for the info :thumbup:

afm cleaning the house for my visitors tomorrow, so much to do! have had a proper spring cleaning and about to drop off 8 bags of clothes to the charity shop...old stuff, things I will never wear, things that are too small :cry::haha:

my sisters dog was put down today, she was older but still sad. my other sisters kids are the ones coming tomorrow and Im not sure if they will tell them, dont want to ruin the holiday for my 12 year old, she looovveees dogs. She will have a great time with my 3 though.

probably wont be on here again over the weekend, but will report back on monday with my follicle results!! have a lovely weekend everyone, hope all babies stay safe and healthy :flower:

Mummy, sorry to hear about mikes grandad, like dew said, i hope its still really early and that there is a way through.. :flower: enjoy your ride to cornwall, ive never been but know that its really beautiful xx

if dh wants to settle in the uk, he defo wants to be down south what with the nice weather and that, maybe close to the port.. southampton so its easier to travel etc. x lets see. x

Dew, they may well want some tests again if its a different clinic youre right.. most places will want to redo tests if its not done from their clinic etc, but im hoping that this works out well for you xxx there is a lot of uncertainty in life like you say, even i dont know whats next with my situation, everyday is a passing gift.. praying for you and sarah.. to update this thread soon with some good BFP news ! x

Thanks Preethi! :hugs: It is so nice of you to think about all of us when you yourself are going through such a difficult time of life. I don't know how I would have been if I were in your situation but I guess we get strength to face difficulties as and when they appear even if we are not prepared for them. I wish you lots of luck and hopefully you'll have a healthy baby in a month or so. I wonder how your mom is dealing with all this. She must be hurt too. Hope she is giving you all the strength and support you need from her. :hugs:

Sarah: sorry about the dog :( Have fun on the weekend with family and good luck with IUI on Monday.

Have a great weekend everyone! :hugs:

Dew, my mum is finding it tough, i guess we are dealing ok with it right now, but the true test would be when we actually get to the hospital for the section and then the NICU.

today, i had my GTT, and it wasnt all that bad.. we then went to visit the hospital where i will be having my section and the best part is, after the section, you have your four day stay and they then book you unofficially as a lodger into a private room with bed, toilet etc on the same floor as the NICU and you can actually stay/sleep there for as long as you want, 24/7 even upto the day baby is discharged, all covered by insurance which i think is brilliant as its hectic to drive to and from the house everyday and most parents feel uncomfortable going home and leaving their kids in NICU not knowing whats going on.

sorry about the dog sarah , its tough when an animal is put down, my mum has a dog and we love him, so i can understand how it must feel but watching it suffer must be worse. x

have a lovely weekend everyone. x

That's great that they have that lodging facility and it's fully covered by insurance!

Wow preethi that is really great. We don't have anything like that here and have to leave our babies while we go home. That would be so awful. Will dh stay with you?

Sarah poor doggie! I hate that and need to stop buying animals because I can't imagine the day we have to put them down or something. Hope you have fun with the family.

Dew just think of it as one cycle to rest I suppose. Good thing yours aren't super long!

preethi thats wonderful news! I dont think they have that kind of thing here in canada either.

NY I have 3 dogs and the one is older and I dread the day its her time to go. We put my cat down last year and that was bad enough, a dog would be even worse. but the joy they bring far outweighs it, so thats why we keep having pets :hugs:

Ny, dh has only two weeks or less left of his yearly holiday, so he will initially take one week off or so whilst i have my operation and for the baby etc, and then he will go back to work, but come to the hospital in the evening after work.. he hates hospitals and cant possibly sleep on the small couch they provide , i will be having the bed, so i dont think he will be staying over, ive asked him to stay the first night after my section but i think my mum will be keeping me company during the day time and he will come in the evenings, and ill probably be alone at night or with my mum or i might just go home and come in the morning myself, but the bed is there for whenever i want it. so thats great. x

whats everyone doing tonight? we are cooking a vegetable lasagna with courgettes, eggplant, spinach, mushroom, red and white sauce and top baked with parmesan cheese.. basically dh is cooking, ive never ,made lasgana ever. lol and hes doing a surprise chocolate dessert. looking forward to dinner in as couple of hours !

Sorry I am going to rant :cry:

My temps are going down and AF should be here in 2-3 days so I woke up all depressed. Both DH and I overslept and I woke up with tears in my eyes, usually I don't let DH notice it but he noticed today so we talked and talked and I shed plenty of tears. We are both so sad :cry:

Preethi: I am proud of you, just hang in there girl :hugs: good news about accommodation :thumbup:

Dew:hugs: im so sorry about how your day started, i can completely understand how frustrated you might feel and its ok to cry, we are all here for you, rant away as much as you want.. dont keep it in,,, its ok to talk to your dh about it and let it all out..im sincerely praying that your bfp comes soon.. and that your FS appointments bring you some answers :hugs:

Dew, I am glad your husband is there for you. We are all human, and need to let others in while we are at our saddest time. It wont make it any more real (because it already is real) if you cry about it. I know that with our MC and TTC for over a year, I felt like OH didn't really want to talk about the sadness and I figured it made it too real for him. We struggled with communication a bit and it wasn't until I became really open with my wants, fears, and feelings that we really teamed up and took the challenge together. He began researching and taking things to help also, so I didnt feel so alone in the process, and he didn't either. You need to shed tears to each other. It is actually healthy. I know yours is fully on board though, as we've been able to tell by the things you have said. Its just nice to mourn together once in a while. I Hope your fertility appointments bring you good luck this cycle before you start the treatments. Stupid AF. Guess you can at least get the sad out now before she gets here and just eat lots of chocolate and read a book in 2 days when she shows up.

Hi, just wanted to update, we got to meet the neonatologist today, and he was very nice, we are very comfortable with him, and we got to see the NICU unit as well, it was sad to see that 8 out of 12 beds were full of babies,.. one was only 900 gm, we didnt get to go inside, but had a look from the outside..

this evening at 5:30 , i have my growth scan, so thats in three hours.. i will be going to stay at mums after that for two days, so will try to update from there.. hope youre all doing well. x

Happy 30 weeks babyhopes! :happydance:

Glad the meeting with the neonatologist went well. Good luck with your growthscan this evening!

DH never got a call for a final interview with that school he went thru 3 interviews with. He has an interview tomorrow for a job at a plant his brother works at. All I can do is try to be optimistic and pray pray pray that he gets it because we desperately need this to work out. It's been 6 months at the end of this month since he worked last and although I am glad he is finally finished with his last few classes of school the cost of them hit us really hard financially.

I hope your baby has grown bunches this week Preethi.

hi everyone!

dew :hugs::hugs::hugs: your FS apt is this week isnt it? hopefully that will give you a little boost that things may move on a bit quicker :hugs:

preethi glad you had a good apt and good luck with the measurement one, hope you can come on and update.

I just got back from my bloods and ultrasound, I only have 1 follicle measuring 20mm, and another thats only 13 but may grow by the time I ovulate. The cyst is also still there and she said that could be why I didnt respond much this month?

So I have to do the LH sticks tuesday and wednesday, and if I detect a surge I have to phone them for instructions. If not I go back on Thursday and they do another ultrasound and then I guess they will then give me the trigger and schedule my IUI ...so it might be friday or saturday. Its annoying though as hubby cannot give the sample on friday as he has an early meeting, so if it ends up being that day then we may have to skip this month.

Im not too fussed about this month anyway being the may birthdate, so its fine if we dont do IUI. I just want to make sure that this cyst thing is not an issue, I do feel a little rushed at the apts and they dont give me too much info, like will it just go away on its own?. I just phoned to leave a message to ask about hubby abstaining ....we BD'd on saturday then planning to absain as I thought I would have my IUI on weds, but now its all in the air I dont know what we do, as I dont want old sperm! its all so confusing :dohh:

when you do the IUI cycles you dont really get to BD much so you rely on the one IUI doing the trick. If we do have to cancel the IUI then it will be hard but hubby and I will have to try and sneak a BD in one night. Hubby felt a lot of pressure on saturday as mum was in the house so we couldnt go at it like we normally do!!

sheryl i'm really sorry to hear about your hubby's job situation. Fx'd he gets the job at his brother's plant.

Sarah - i hope you get some answers soon. I personally woulnd't recommend going for more than 2 night's without dtd, but that's just me. And if it turns out that the IUI must be on Friday then I would recommend dtd on thurs and then fri night - that way you are covered naturally even if you have to cancel the IUI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->