ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Preethi: it makes me happy every time you tell that baby is not in distress :hugs:

Huggles: Happiest 26 weeks! :hugs: Yay! :)

AFM, temp dropped way low so AF should be here anytime..*itch with an attitude :growlmad:

Flying- im sorry about your friend. Thats terrible news. Hope you can be there for her as much as possible.

Dew- sucks the witch is coming. Like she just has to come and rain on your parade all the time. Sheesh. Hope your appointments give some answers then and this can all get figured out. Maybe as life would have it, this cycle will be it, since you aren't going to chart or anything and you are having appointments for fertility help. Hopefully!

Ndh- hope you are well, and just busy!

Sarah- did you get it all figured out? Its tempting for me to say almost to just BD again since you had a surge last night, and hope the natural was works this time....what did you do?

Preethi- what is the ctg? Bet you wanted that scan!

AFM- just off to work again today. I am having a tough time with the size of my stomach and carrying the weight. I am sore and exhausted beyond belief each night and have 8 weeks to go. Puts me in tears to think of. Hope my body can suck it up!

wow ny, can't believe you're already 31 weeks! :shock:
Have you tried a support band of any sort? Maybe that'll help with carrying the weight? I must say i already have days when my stomach just feels so super heavy and by the evening i'm just dying to lie down to take the weight off my poor aching sides. :hugs:

Thanks huggles. Im in disblief also! Happy 26 weeks to you! That week I started feeling a little better, as I didn't like the 24 week being the "viable" week...but 26 and 28 felt better. Plus, you are almost 7 months, and that sounds better than the weeks!

I've not tried a band, for some reason my Excercise Physiologist OH says those produce the wrong kind of support, and screw with your posture and misalign things. (in much smarter terms of course). So he says not to do it....idk. That was also at like 20 weeks, so maybe now he will consider it for me as he sees how im struggling so badly. He keeps brought me flowers home twice in one week now just to say "im sorry you are suffering and thank you for being such a good baby carrier." lol. So sweet. But FLowers aren't help;ing the pain!

You say how you need a lie down to take the pain off your sides, for some reason even lying down im in so much pain. This hurts my sides and my back and my hip....My tummy is just too big, its bruising my ribs, I can't breathe at night when I lie down so I start to feel anxiety and dont sleep, its getting bad! Sigh.

Wow, im embarrassed for such a rant! I am done now:)

Uh-oh! So sorry you are in such pain NY. I don't know if we can hope for it to ease off before the baby is born but we can hope you get strength to cope with it every growing day :hugs: DH is being really sweet by bringing in flowers for you, that's really thoughtful of him :)

Huggles a ctg is a non stress test where they strap a band around your belly checking heartbeat of baby and another band for contractions. they monitor the HB and are able to tell is baby is in distress or not.

Ny, yes i wanted that scan, but its not what you think, i didnt want it just to be able to see LO. my situation is different now, and i wanted the scan so that they could do measurements to check her weight and growth and tell me if shes grown anymore since the last scan.. long gone are those days when i just wanted to see LO for the sake of seeing her and going aww.. my scans from the beginning have always been due to all the shitty problems ive had with this pregnancy.. which let me say has been very uneventful and ive not really enjoyed one bit of it. and its quite understandable actually.. given the circumstances.. from the beginning, its been low lying placenta, sub chroionic hematomas, unexplained bleeding, lack of movement and now this..

nothing in my pregnancy has been normal .. and honestly im quite tired of it and cant wait till shes out and healthy because atleast the other worries about not feeling movement and having to rush into hospitals all the time would end!

sorry for the rant !

sorry youve not been keeping well.. hope you feel better soon :hugs: HAPPY 31 WEEKS !!!!!! :headspin: :headspin:

ny i remember my sil saying 2 years ago when she was pregnant that her preggy-bellies instructor ("gym" for pg ladies) had also said the support bands were "bad" becuase they make your back muscles lazy. Personally, I think if i didn't have one for the bad days i'd go bonkers. I don't have a particularly strong support one, just a basic belly band that has a bit of added elastic built in - support band - - i honestly don't see how that can make my back muscles lazy becuase it really doesn't support much at all. I don't know that i'd go for a full brace though unless i had a serious back problem. But i think a light support band can help. Although in saying that i hardly wear mine. But there are days when the weight is just bad and i think baby lies badly or something and it just gets a bit much. Then i put the band on. It doesn't help a whole lot, but does help a little.
Thankfully he seems to be in a good place at the moment so the stretching and weight is not so bad again.

I think that's so lovely that your hubby brings you flowers :flower:
Wish mine would LoL

But i get hwat you mean - they're nice and all but they don't really do anything for the pain. Hopefully baby will shift slightly soon or something and it'll ease a little. :hugs:

Preethi: I think we all understand your pain and I was actually gonna ask you to come and rant about all the nasty thoughts, bitter feelings or fears you might be experiencing right now...I think it will help to give vent to all these feelings rather than keeping them inside. I am so sorry for rough phase in life :(

An unnecessary update: AF is here, slowly creeping in. I am removing my ovulation chart link as I won't be temping this cycle.

sorry about af dew, cant wait for 24th though, hoping it brings you answers xxx :hugs:

sorry about af arriving. Glad she's stopped messing you about though :hugs:

hi everyone

I just glanced through the posts to see if anything urgent was happening
flying :hugs: thats so sad, life is so tough at times :cry:
preethi glad everything is still good :hugs:
dew :gun::brat::grr::hissy: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Im off for a nap as had to get up at 5:30 to get ready and go for my ultrasound at 8am. Im so tired in general from going out everyday with my family and driving them everywhere....2 nights now we have arrived home about midnight and the drive was so hard, I could barely keep my eyes open.

anyway my apt this morning: so as soon as I got in the room I said to her that Id done a LH test and got a surge later yesterday and it was positive (even though negative in the morning), and she immediately said 'you shouldnt test at night, only morning'. so I was like ok, but the trouble is that I will probably ovulate today and can we do the IUI today. she said no, we cant do the IUI today as they have to see the bloods first which wont be back till the afternoon, and that IUI will probably be tomorrow. So I said I cant do tomorrow, thats the only day that hubby cannot come during the whole month. So she was like 'ok do you want to switch to an intercourse cycle' and I was like why cant we just do the IUI today if I know my surge has started. So she was like we have a protocol here that we follow blah blah blah and I shouldnt be testing at night they get so many people paging them panicing blah blah blah making me feel crazy. I felt a bit teary and was about to say ok then it will have to be an intercourse cycle when my clever hubby said 'look I cant come tomorrow but can I give my sample today' and she was like hmmm that might work, let me see. So long story short hubby gave a sample today which will be frozen and my IUI is tomorrow at 11am (they just phoned to confirm my surge was in my bloods).

so my worry is that I will ovulate tonight (usually my surge to ovulation is short) and that the IUI tomorrow will be redundant, but Im going to try it anyway. the other not so great thing is I only have the 1 follicle and seeing as we BD'd yesterday I wont have as many sperm as last time. But it should still be a few million. and the good thing is now that he has given his sperm we can BD tonight to give an extra helping.

anyway Im really not enthused about this cycle and fully expect it not to work...of course it could be 'my' cycle like you say NY but Im not expecting anything as nothing has gone my way!!! Im sure Im going to ovulate today, I just hope the egg sticks around till tomorrow at 11am!

just adding....I wish I had been temping this month as then tomorrow if I had a temp rise I would know its probably happened already. Im going to ask them if they can do an ultrasound first before the IUI to see if Ive ovulated yet, but I doubt they will as my appt is later than their usual ultrasound times. when I said to the woman 'but I will probably ovulate tonight so is there any point doing the IUI tomorrow' she had had enough of me and said 'everything will be fine dont worry' :growlmad::grr:

Sarah, are you going tomorrow for IUI?

you can still temp and compare with previous charts...may be it will give you an answer

Sorry it's so confusing and making you stressed. I thought once I meet FS, I'll not have to worry about planning things out as everything will be decided for me by clinic and in a way I was happy to surrender my TTC process to them but I guess it is not all that easy.
Sarah, just take your much needed sleep.

sarah, FX'D for your IUI tomorrow ....................... :fairydust:

you must be so tired as you say, its nice to have family over, but just driving around can be really stressful xxx have a good nights sleep and fx'd everything tomorrow will go well and you'll feel much better in the morning xx

Sorry it's so confusing and making you stressed. I thought once I meet FS, I'll not have to worry about planning things out as everything will be decided for me by clinic and in a way I was happy to surrender my TTC process to them but I guess it is not all that easy.
Sarah, just take your much needed sleep.

I hope Im not making you feel more stressed :hugs: like I mentioned the first 2 cycles were great, its just this one messed up. but Im glad its this one as its the month I dont care about anyway.

each clinic will be different too...Im at a large hospital downtown toronto and they are a little more rushed than I think some of the private clinics are better. but Im there as its supposed to be one of the best.

oh I forgot to mention when I was questioning her about why cant I do the IUI today she mentioned the protocols and said 'all these are in place due to our statistics, for example we dont do back to back IUIs as data suggests its not any more effective'. not sure why she mentioned that specifically I guess she was just trying to explain how they have their protocols that have carefully been set out by the clinic.

we are going to try to BD tonight but hubby finds it difficult when we have visitors staying overnight (especially my mum!!), so not sure if he will be able to perform!!

good thing is after tomorrow I can completely forget about this stupid cycle, and by the time my family leaves I will almost be starting a new one, so its all good.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->