ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Didn't get a sweep in the end - hospital has me as being 39+6 and they don't do sweeps before 40 weeks :haha: I did get a bonus scan though which was an unexpected surprise as I haven't seen baby since 19 weeks :) I've been consistently measuring behind and the last two weeks started going backwards when baby started engaging. No one was really concerned and scan showed that there was no reason to be, but the mw today wanted to follow protocol.

Won't get a sweep for another week now unless baby decides to come on his/her own in the mean time. My GP made me an appointment for Wednesday (with the baby as she's so sure there will be a baby by then :haha:) and the hospital appointment is for Thursday - so one of them I probably won't be attending lol (or both even lol).

Sheryl,m thats because he set up the skype account xx :)

NDH.. waiting ... xxxx

I'm so anxious for this baby toget here!

Happy new years everyone. I really hope 2012 is magic full.

Happy new year everyone ! Hope 2012 brings sarah her BFP, and to those of us who want to ttc again .. lol !!

off for my holiday, may not have internet connection for a while, but will try my best xx

take care you guys..

NDH, waiting to hear from you xx

Happy New Year lovelies!!! :hugs:

Preethi... have a fabulous and safe trip to Australia! Please post some pics on FB if you get a chance! I'd love to see what it's like!! xxx

Happy New Year Ladies!!! :flower:

Come on Natalie... lets have that 2012 baby now!!! :D PS... I went 13 and 11 days over with my girls... so I know that sometimes... they just like to hang around! :haha:

hi everyone, how is everyone doing?

finally today on CD35 got my period. urghhh it was awful, I knew I wasnt pregnant as bfns and just wanted to start my FET and it had to be delayed didnt it! so I start my estrogen and baby aspirin tomorrow and go for an ultrasound on CD11.

the nurse I talked to today is my favourite, and I was asking her lots of questions and she said that I responded so well and that having 10 blasts is so rare. she made me feel quite positive and said she would be shocked if I didnt get pregnant from one of the FETs. Ive been feeling very blah so it was just what I needed to hear. she also said their thaw survival rate is about 85-90% and the highest in the city so thats great too.

I am considering starting off just transferring one at a time. its costing $1200 per time which I can afford each month so I thought I might spread it out rather than go through them quickly. I spent a lot of time with my best friend and her 16 month old when I was home and I was thinking boy how on earth would I cope with 2. she is lovely, but she needed constant entertainment and supervision! im sure my FS who I see next week will talk me out of it, but thats what Im thinking right now. I know transferring 2 gives me better chance of pregnancy each month but I just dont want twins. can any of you girls imagine doing what you are doing x 2??

Sorry AF had to be a PITA and delay your cycle Sarah. But that's fantastic that the nurse is so optimistic! I really hope that one of your frosties becomes your forever baby. I'm not sure what to suggest about how many to transfer though :shrug: If you really don't think you could handle twins (but really, who does think they can until they have to?) then just do one I guess.

How was your holiday back home?

AFM - still waiting. 40+6 today and I have to see my GP this afternoon (she booked an appointment for me to bring baby in :haha: I did call to say it was just me and did she still want me to come) and then tomorrow at the antenatal clinic. Tomorrow I should be getting a sweep (thought they might last week but as they have my due date as the 30th and I went in on the 29th they don't do internals until 40+ weeks... lol) and today my parents are taking me in the 4WD on some really bumpy roads lol. DHs holiday is officially over today, but there likely wont be any work until next week, so hopefully baby decides to come this week while he's still for sure around.

No, Sarah I couldn't handle this x2. I have a good baby and when she's a handful I want to pull my hair out.

ndh I cant believe he/she has been making you wait so long!! but glad that hubby might not have to work this week so he can be there. thats so cute that the apt was booked for you and baby, awwwwwww not long now.
my holiday was great, how was yours?

sheryl thank you, I think you girls will convince me to transfer 1, where the girls in the over 35 folder say go for 2, 3, or all 8 :haha: i know that when it takes so long you just want to get pregnant asap with the best chances, but I dont want twins so might take my time. theres no real drawback in doing one per month, apart from the cost and it extending the time it will take. plus IF none of them work and I have to do another fresh cycle I will be a little older if it takes longer, but not by much.

8! Good grief no way should anyone do 8 at a time (is that even legal anymore?). 3 would be enough of a stretch... If you can handle possibly waiting 8 cycles transferring one at a time then I'd just do one (and pray that it doesn't take all 8 to be a success story).

8! Good grief no way should anyone do 8 at a time (is that even legal anymore?). 3 would be enough of a stretch... If you can handle possibly waiting 8 cycles transferring one at a time then I'd just do one (and pray that it doesn't take all 8 to be a success story).

no I dont think its legal, and I dont want to be the canadian octomom!!
yes doing 1 at a time will be a lesson in patience. but if you think about the health risks carrying 2 then I dont mind being patient. I know twins is talked about a lot on here as so many people transfer 2 but it really is hard on your body and the babies. perhaps I can do a few months of just 1 per transfer then up to 2 if nothing happening!

its just Im thinking realistically having 2 babies at once is hard, especially for our first. my friend with the 16 month old thinks it will be fine as at least they are at the same stage, where she is due to give birth in feb and will have one walking and one baby which she thinks might be harder. but im not convinced and think 2x doing the same thing at once is harder.

another reason is that having 1 then I wont feel the need to admit to IVF to everyone. for some reason having twins I will feel the need to be honest, but with 1 I wont feel like I need to share that. might sound silly as people have natural twins but its pretty rare, but at 39 I think everyone would assume and I am an honest person and would feel the need to explain the 2. hubbies family are fairly religious and I know assisted conception is a touchy subject. its not the main reason but its just another thought I have when thinking about how many to transfer.

I meet with my FS next week and I know she will recommend 2, as the chance of IVF working is about 35% and twins about 20% of that, so they think the chance is low.

I think that I COULD cope with twins; you do what you have to do! But I certainly wouldn't CHOOSE to... One baby is a huge learning curve, and I could see myself being totally torn between two babies with twins, and being run a bit ragged, whereas I can devote myself to Caleb and still have some brief bits of 'me' time when hubby takes him cos he's the only one! Certainly there's no way I could go back to work with twins, cos I'm quitting my job for just the one anyway!!! lol.

BUT of course if I had twins I'd adore them and not want it any other way too!

But because you have so many, I think I'd try one at a time, maybe up to 2 or 3 times, and THEN try two...

I think that I COULD cope with twins; you do what you have to do! But I certainly wouldn't CHOOSE to... One baby is a huge learning curve, and I could see myself being totally torn between two babies with twins, and being run a bit ragged, whereas I can devote myself to Caleb and still have some brief bits of 'me' time when hubby takes him cos he's the only one! Certainly there's no way I could go back to work with twins, cos I'm quitting my job for just the one anyway!!! lol.

BUT of course if I had twins I'd adore them and not want it any other way too!

But because you have so many, I think I'd try one at a time, maybe up to 2 or 3 times, and THEN try two...

thank you for your honest answer, thats totally what I am picturing, me being slightly frazzled and not being able to devote myself to each one completely. its funny as no-one in the assisted folder seems to chose one, its almost like people have waited so long and so think they would love 2. I guess I just dont see it like that. the way I look at it, if you implant 2 and 1 takes, thats the same as implanting 1 one month and 1 another, hopefully 1 takes. Or perhaps the reason people always transfer 2 is most people are doing fresh cycles as not many people get frosties and its so expensive so they want the best chance. I also think that the clinics want their stats to look good and theres a better chance with 2, so I have a feeling my FS will try and talk me into 2.

it would definitely cut down my chances each month so I have to look at this as a 6-8 month plan and hope one takes one month.

going to take my first estrogen pill and baby aspirin :happydance: here I go!!!

yeah I can see that if they only had a couple of fresh ones to work with that they'd want to put both back in, cos they'd risk loosing it trying to freeze and defrost that single one later if the first didn't take! More chance of one of them working if they put them both in in that case. But seeing you have SO MANY :)wohoo:) frosties, you have a lot more room for decisions! I'd do just one this time, and see how you go with that; it might just catch anyway!!!! :D

Hmmmmm, I always thought i wanted twins but Kian is tough and I'd have hung myself long ago. Lol.

So, how come there are better chances if 2 are put in....doesnt that just waste one if one was going to work anyways? What are the stats of puttig just one in and success rates? what does your mom and DH say?

Got my sweep today and also have an induction booked for next Thursday, unless of course baby decides to show up before then. Either way, the next time I go to the hospital I'll be coming home with a baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->