ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

hey everyone !! NDH, glad you got a sweep, look forward to hearing some news soon !!! xx\

Sarah, yay welcome back, its been a while, but here you are and ready for transfer.. i would certainly go for one at a time, as i wouldnt want to waste the frosties if they dont work out.. it is so amazing that you have 8 !! and yeah for 1200 dollars, it would be sensible as you say to go for one at a time.. so excited, just read your transfer dates on your signature.. i travel back on the 20th, and will be keeping my fingers crossed for you !!

Here on holiday with very limited internet access as its very expensive, so wont be on often.. jet lagged, tired, and got cold... but hoping to visit the koala sanctuary in north sydney tomorrow..

hope all of you are doing well,,, all the babies are looking great on FB, xx :hugs: to all of you.. speak soon x

ndh I thought it may have happened, its gotta be this weekend come on bubs! I suppose he is enjoying it in there too much. ooohhh I automatically typed he, is that a sign :haha:

flying I watched some of your videos on youtube and he is just scrumptious! he has such beautiful clear/expressive eyes :cloud9:

NY hubby doesnt say a whole lot and just agrees when I blab about transferring one, and then when I saw Im sure we could handle twins agrees as well! mum I think before said just do 2 and thinks thats no different than having a baby and a toddler. but I disagree as I think the first few months of being first time parents with 2 would be hard. plus let alone carrying 2 healthy babies....I think Ive read too many complications on here so that worries me.

Im sure FS will convince me to do 2, I think the FET success rate is 30% or something like that and then twins 20% of that, so its low. When it comes to the success rates like you say "So, how come there are better chances if 2 are put in....doesnt that just waste one if one was going to work anyways?". I think the stats just mean more people get pregnant when they put in 2, just like someone is probably more likely if they put in 4! but if I used those same embroys over 2 months then shouldnt one month fail and one month work anyway. So my chances are much lower putting in one each month, but it would just time more time. I *THINK* I could be patient, then again knowing me if I dont get pregnant first month I will probably put in 3 the next :haha: however my previous fast forwarding each month was due to my clock ticking, seeing as I have 8 frosties I dont have that worry as they are Nov 2011 eggs!! and I have to confirm that I can do FETs each month....if I had to wait a month inbetween. I do have some worries that what if none of them work then I will be 40 doing a fresh cycle, but the nurse said surely 1 or 2 eggs are good in there so I have to try and hope for the best.

also sorry for blabbering so much but I was told they put the best 2 in, Im thinking cant they put in a great one and not so good one rather than waste 2 of the best when I dont want twins. I will ask the FS this but Im still leaning to one per month. If I tell them I have a severe fear of twins surely they should listen? I just think they have the clinic statistis in the back of their mind.

So, do they have cases where a woman did actually oly put in 1 and get pregnant? Other women must do it too.....I agree with asking about tutting in two if they can't pair a really great one with a so so one. It's all so hard to know what to d but yes, if twins would be an unhappy moment for you, definitely prevent that happening.

Ndh hope it's soon. Now so you avoid nduction!

Preethi the koala sanctuary sounds awesome. Take pictures. You liking australia? How is Gemma behaving with the long travels and going sight seeing and stuff?

So, do they have cases where a woman did actually oly put in 1 and get pregnant? Other women must do it too.....I agree with asking about tutting in two if they can't pair a really great one with a so so one. It's all so hard to know what to d but yes, if twins would be an unhappy moment for you, definitely prevent that happening.

I wouldnt be unhappy after all Ive been through, but its not what I choose! there are lots of people who have single embryo transfer as some people only end up with one after a fresh cycle or only had 1 to freeze. people definitely can get pregnant with one.

a few of the posts mentioned wasting frosties by putting in 2, but its not that as the one that doesnt take probably wasnt meant to be and wouldnt have lasted if put in on its own either. I have 8 frosties, out of those 8 frosties I might have 2 or 3 that are chromosomally (sp?) perfect. but I cannot see which ones are and which ones are not. so if they implant 2 what if those are 2 of the good ones and I get twins. I would prefer to have one now and one in a couple of years! chances are higher they might put in 1 good one and 1 bad, and thats why so many people only get pregnant with a singleton and thats why they push for doing 2 as you are more likely to have 1 golden egg/embryo.

anyway, Im pretty set on 1 per month, but I am easily persuaded by medical people and she was adamant on my fresh transfer at my age to put in 2, so we will see!

So by the 19 th you need to decide? That's a while to antagonize over it!

Thanks for asking Nikki, i dont know what to say as ive been so jet lagged, i havent really seen anything, went for a walk and saw the opera house and harbour bridge by night, and it was good, and this koala sanctuary we went to today was amazing ! i have taken many pictures and will be posting them when i get back home as i havent brought my transfer wire.. but so far so good, im liking it.,, dont know if i want to stay in the city though, everyone seems to be staying in the suburbs and the city is a bit crazy .. hope kian is doing well, his pics are awesome. xx

gemma has been coping ok, we havent been travellin much, just sleeping so shes fine, once shes been fed. x

So by the 19 th you need to decide? That's a while to antagonize over it!

actually I see the FS on monday and want to decide then, I think they write it in my chart as they defrost before the transfer on the 19th so need to know ahead of time. Im sure she will tell me the stats for single embryo transfer at my age are 5% or something horrible so to definitely do 2. arggghhhh its so hard! if she told me that the majority of people who get pregnant at my age only get 1 baby I would consider the 2.

preethi I keep missing your posts as I think we posted the same time yesterday....Im sooooo jealous that you are in sydney and sounds like you are having a great time. I cant wait to see some photos! we went over to that zoo over on the ferry that begins with T, it was really nice and a great view of the harbour.

ndh :hugs: :happydance:

Preethi, did Gemma just sleep in the plane? Kian hates hates hates the carseat so cries most of the time so traveling with him won't be too fun.....not that I'm going anywhere but maybe a little road trip n march. Can't wait to see pics. I asked for them on fb before reading this!

Sarah, I agree, if they can say most women have only one baby then do two....but if they cant sY that just put in one for the start. however, if they gVe some crazy low possibility for one working, then I may start with 2..... Idk. I agree it's a hard decision. I think all I can say is for me, I wouldn't want to carry two babies either but if was told that my chances then are super low I would go for it and hope so bad for one. But I would be afraid of two,and feeling disappointment also. Have you come closer to a decision? You can be firm if you've decided and not let them change your mind.

Preethi, did Gemma just sleep in the plane? Kian hates hates hates the carseat so cries most of the time so traveling with him won't be too fun.....not that I'm going anywhere but maybe a little road trip n march. Can't wait to see pics. I asked for them on fb before reading this!

Sarah, I agree, if they can say most women have only one baby then do two....but if they cant sY that just put in one for the start. however, if they gVe some crazy low possibility for one working, then I may start with 2..... Idk. I agree it's a hard decision. I think all I can say is for me, I wouldn't want to carry two babies either but if was told that my chances then are super low I would go for it and hope so bad for one. But I would be afraid of two,and feeling disappointment also. Have you come closer to a decision? You can be firm if you've decided and not let them change your mind.

im a libran, always weighing up my chances! I thought I had decided, but I know if she gives me a really low number I will probably just do 2. Rosa had 3 put in, and she might only end up with 1. but thats the same as me waiting 3 months doing 1 per month, thats not so bad? ok we can stop talking about this now, I will let you know what she says on monday.

where do you think you will go on a trip?

how long was the flight preethi?

Rosa put three in cos she only had 3, on day 3. And one was definitely of a much lesser quality, so didn't expect it to make it to day 5, nor be able to freeze and keep! So rather than 'waste' it, they put all three back in; one excellent one, one very good one, and the inferior one. She'd love twins though too! So can't really compare...

I think you definitely need to talk to the FS, and tell them of your real fear of haviing twins, so if they think it's at all very likely to be twins they should respect that and only do one, surely??

Sarah, mathematically you do have the same chances of getting pregnant implanting just one at a time as you do doing two or three - it's just spread out over a longer period of time is all. Actually, they might even be slightly better as if you end up transferring two and both initially take but one has complications it could negatively affect the other embryo . But that's the kind of thing no one can calculate of course, but I imagine it would be a (minor) risk of multiples.

You could also maybe compromise and do two cycles of just one each and if neither of them are successful then do two. :shrug:

It will be soon - well in a manner of speaking. Lost my plug this morning and my waters have been trickling for the last hour and a bit. Have only had a couple of contractions though and they're certainly not near the point of timing them, so I'm ages away from even going into the hospital to be checked. Going to tidy the house and double check my bags in the mean time. If I have a chance I'll update when I'm off to hospital, but I have Amy's number so I'll at least be able to text her the birth announcement to pass on. Just don't expect it until at LEAST tomorrow - I'm not even in labour yet. But I am excited that it will be happening soon.

Rosa put three in cos she only had 3, on day 3. And one was definitely of a much lesser quality, so didn't expect it to make it to day 5, nor be able to freeze and keep! So rather than 'waste' it, they put all three back in; one excellent one, one very good one, and the inferior one. She'd love twins though too! So can't really compare...

I think you definitely need to talk to the FS, and tell them of your real fear of haviing twins, so if they think it's at all very likely to be twins they should respect that and only do one, surely??

hi!! yes I wasnt trying to compare, just point out her putting in 3 gave a good likelyhood of pregnancy, but isnt that the same as me putting in 1 x 3 months? and she would love twins yes. I used to think that way, but after seeing what some of you have gone through in pregnancy I would find it so worrying, plus when I went out with my best friend and her 16 month old it was quite exhuasting so couldnt imagine it x 2. but of course IF it happened I would deal with it, I suppose I would only go out with my hubby to help.

if I get pregnant in the first place (30% chance) its a 20% chance of twins. although the pregnancy rate is low, 20% is quite high but its not 'very likely' so thats why they probably put in 2 as standard at my age. Im 80% not likely to get twins, so for that small chance should I just do 2? my 2 didnt work on my fresh cycle but Ive seen lots of people who get pregnant 2nd cycle with twins. but they have been much younger too. I have to remember Im using 39 year old eggs. perhaps only 1 of my 10 is even a good embryo, we dont know.

fhfgsthyfghdyxjudrtfgersesfgaeshthjsjrst!!!!

p.s thank you for listening and replying, I know I keep going on about it but I cant decide!!!!

NDH I couldn't feel my contractions when my water broke but I was dilating to 4. Don't wait too long. Shortly after that I was writhing in pain.

oooh just noticed that tomorrow its exactly a year since I started this thread...wouldnt it be weird if ndh gives birth that day and now everyone has their babies, except me of course but I was the ancient one on here!!

Brief update in my journal. Cant sit at the computer and i hate typing on my phone so not going to repeat it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->