ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

oh sorry mummy, i havent tried the teething powder as shes been relaxed since her last episode which was two weeks ago x

Exactly, to each their own. Babies grow up differently based on love, confidence, discipline, etc that they received not based on what they are wearing on their butt. Perhaps breast fed and worn and cosleep babies grow up differently but that's research I have not done.i also hadn't heard of cloth before here. But am now finding out a couple people around here who did it after I started.

It's mderstandavle that you would want Gemma fed and gaining weight. Many moms of preemies feel the same. You've had to go through enough of your own madness and have done wonderfully.

I always wonder what a teething powder is. I have never heard of them!

Anyone use an Amber teething necklace? I am thinking of trying it.

NY - teething powders. The directions for use and explanation etc are towards the bottom of the page.

apt in 3 hours yikes! I havent been able to wash/dry my hair much these past 2 weeks, mainly as I dont want to get my dressing wet and it was a big hassle putting a plastic bag over it to shower. then I cant dry it as I am left handed and cant hold a hair dryer. so Ive had frizzy hair from it air drying the past 2 weeks. by skin all over is so dry, im a mess! so its a big deal to even get dressed and go out the house :wacko: will update when I get back! NY Im hoping she will use a doppler, Im 10 weeks tomorrow going by my last measurement, or 10 weeks on tuesday going by LMP (which is wrong). I could perhaps ask for an earlier scan, but if she uses a doppler I can wait 2-3 weeks to just do the 12 week. yikes I hope everything is ok [-o<[-o<[-o<

1 hour now! Gppd luck?

Hoping it's all gone okay!!

I may have to check in the morning! Thinking of you Sarah! x

heard the heatbeat on doppler @ midwife apt :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:
she said it was nice and strong. midwife is really nice, mainly was just an info session. I can go for my ultrasound the week of the 19th :happydance:

:yipee:

you're having a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaby!

Only 10ish days until the w/c 19th!! :yipee:

Yay for hb and scan being so soon! You won't even be 12 weeks yet :dance:

And apologies for the last post at 6am lol. Wasn't supposed to have a question mark :rofl:

OMG so so freaking happy about this news sarah! Best news ever. Once you've heard doppler you're pretty much good to go! Its great that you've heard it. I am just so happy, you are for real having a baby, its so real now.

Did you cry, are you happy now and feeling better about it all?

oh I cried!! it was all so surreal, firstly as it was the first time Id been out in 2 weeks and I felt a little out of place. its unbelievable how bad you can feel with frizzy hair, dry flakey skin etc (I dont do that much primping and am pretty low maintainance, but its amazing how dry your skin gets when not cleansing everyday etc.). I had told her the story of my finger and she was just stunned. she said right away that often she doesnt pick it up at 10 weeks so not to be worried if we didnt hear anything. it took a while as she was a little too high, as she went nearer the pubic area there it was. I think she was just as pleased as we were!

after we went to the vet and they took out some staples, she is healing ok apart from a large area of skin thats black and scabbed, they are hoping its healing underneath. I love my vet (this is not the $4000 vet that my dog was first taken too) and had a good chat with her about 'why' did this happen. Im finding it a little easier to talk about it without wanting to cry or faint. I go tomorrow for another f/u with the hand guy, I hate that part as they are not gentle like the little old ladies I go to for dressings every other day. last friday I cried the whole time I was there. each week its gotta get better, thats why I keep hoping. I just wanted bub and dog to be ok, and so far so good so I can relax a little.

why did this vet think it happened? what if baby noises set the dogs off too? i would be a bit wary i think. but so good that old dog is healing, bubs in good, now hopefully good news from hand dog and all will be well! strong bubs to make it and keep healthy through such trauma. this one is really meant to be. it was your time hun:)

they dont have an real explanation apart from it being something that dogs do. and even loving dogs can react that way. it could be having 3 has strengthened the pack mentality and caused it. but she said some dogs live together forever with no fights and some fight all the time. luckily we have a big house and lots of patience and can keep them separate now. we got the 3rd for the 2nd to have someone to grow older with, didnt realize they would start to pick on the older one. This happening also will make me never have them with the baby....(not that I would have before as I read a terrible news story about 2 friendly pomeranians killing a child that was left alone with them for 2 mins ) but I might have allowed them to roam in the room with the baby there, but now no way.

they are such lovely dogs, thats whats so hard. and I really dont think they would ever hurt me, it was me putting my hand in the wrong place (vet confirmed that and even had the same thing happen a year before with a client). the one that did the damage cowers when I yell at her, but that day it was like something snapped.

so the next ultrasound is part of the screening for problems along with bloodwork. its all a bit fuzzy so I have to read up on it. thats the next thing to worry about! at my age Im 1 in 300 and something chance of downs baby. we will do the bloods and ultrasound and hope it comes back ok, even if theres a risk I dont think I could do the amnio but I guess we will see.

its all so surreal! we just got my sister in laws wedding invite today and hubby joked about putting guests '3' on the reply, and I said perhaps thats how we should tell them and put the scan on the back. but i wonder if his mum wouldnt really read it or if she would open the wrong way and see the scan first!!

Oh yay sarah, congratulations.. i knew baby would be fine xxxxxx :cloud9: :cloud9: so happy for you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i do hope your finger heals soon and you are in less pain. xxx i think your idea of the scan pic is a lovely one to tell your sis in law xxxx

I like your invitation idea sarah! Just text or email SIL and say you need to open your RSVP from us, its funny. Something like that and then she will. :)

I agree to not have the dogs in with baby alone. Mine aren't ever. I sometimes walk away and the cat is in the room with him, but he is much too lazy to even bat an eye his way. He is a fat, sleepy cat. Its only for a minute anyways, however, now with your pomeranian story, I may not even want to leave him with the cat for a minute. You just never know. Thats so sad I can't imagine. But didn't they hear the scruffle right away? I can't imagine letting it go 2 mintues long enough for the baby to die and they didn't hear anything...must have been longer or they went outside or something aweful. How old was the baby? Why did they attack? Ick.

I like your invitation idea sarah! Just text or email SIL and say you need to open your RSVP from us, its funny. Something like that and then she will. :)

I agree to not have the dogs in with baby alone. Mine aren't ever. I sometimes walk away and the cat is in the room with him, but he is much too lazy to even bat an eye his way. He is a fat, sleepy cat. Its only for a minute anyways, however, now with your pomeranian story, I may not even want to leave him with the cat for a minute. You just never know. Thats so sad I can't imagine. But didn't they hear the scruffle right away? I can't imagine letting it go 2 mintues long enough for the baby to die and they didn't hear anything...must have been longer or they went outside or something aweful. How old was the baby? Why did they attack? Ick.

from what I remember it was a young baby in a car seat that was on the ground...so I assume the mother went out to the car to get it ready (just from the car seat thing). just terrible, but I think dogs do have a sense for weaker pray. ive noticed how my older 2 want to bully the older dog, almost as if they sense her weakness. so babies are similar. I think cats are a whole different story, but I suppose you never know. the dr told me my finger would have a higher chance of infection from a cat wound than a dog wound as cats have more something in the mouth, cant remember what.

my 2 dogs sound like crazy ravaging dogs but they are not...they are gentle and cuddly dogs, thats why is so hard. they do bark at strangers but if you were to shout and lunge at them they cower. so it was weird to see this 'switch' and for me to not be able to get them off the older dog. they did stop eventually, perhaps something clicks in. I said to the vet that you would think the crying from the older dog would make them stop but she said she thinks that feeds their pray instinct even more. so now I have seen this switch I wouldnt trust any dog around my baby. I was at the vet yesterday after my ultrasound and there was a young girl and a large dog came in and went right up to her face, I know I would be picking up my child if that were me. before this I would have thought nothing of it and that the dog must be tame for the owners to allow it to walk up to a kid. but no more!

went to see the hand surgeon today, horrible visit as they took out the stitches as it hurt sooooo much. he said there was a yellow scab he needs to watch to make sure the finger isnt infected so that is worrying. so I go back in a week. he mentioned again theres the option of having it closed up with surgery, but theres a general anesthetic and the finger will be a bit shorter. some of me feels like going for that as at least it will be closed and I wouldnt have this 6 weeks of healing. but I dont really want an anesthetic while pregnant although I know people have to sometimes. I will see what he says next week, if theres no infection I will keep going as I will be 3 weeks into it. so today is not a good finger day, I can even describe the feeling of knowing your finger has been chopped off, I cant look at it otherwise I will faint, and they are touching it. :cry:

big hugs sarah :hugs:

cat bites definitely are bad re infection - my mom's friend got bitten by a cat (breaking up a fight!) and landed up in hospital on iv antibiotics for a week!

hey so my Oct 7 birth date was given to me after my positive betas, before the dating scan. I dont know how they get to that date, whether its from lmp or from the transfer date. I think its from transfer date as when I do from my lmp online then I get Oct 10 or 11.

if Im 10 weeks today from my last measurement scan then is there an easy way to work out the birth date based on that? I suppose at my next scan they will confirm the dates more.

just booked my scan for March 19, I will be 11 weeks 3 d. Its part of the integrated screening so you do from 11 weeks and I do blood too.

i just counted to 40 weeks on the calendar using today as 10 weeks and got oct 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->