ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

ok so thats March 30, so we can say Im entering 2nd tri during that week. 2 weeks to go, come on bub you can do it.

That's the spirit.... a two week wait of sorts :thumbup: Hopefully you'll soon start to get your appetite and energy back!!!

awww sarah i understand where youre coming from.. life is so unfair to some people, i feel truly bad, ive read many threads too while ttcing and after getting my bfp and i remember certain women whove been through hell and back trying to get preggers.

good luck for monday and im sure you will be fine, the anxiety kills us when we are pregnant and worried about HB etc, and its all so natural, you will simply sail through the trimesters and be ready to deliver that baby in no time.. xx we are all here rooting for you and that lil bean.. xx :cloud9:

hope your finger heals soon.. xx you dont need any more stress and pain than what youve been through already xxx :hugs:

thanks preethi :hugs: how are you?

ive been googling fingertip reconstruction as I determind to do something someday, trouble is I get faint when they put photos :dohh:

my husband has been so wonderful through it all. he keeps telling me how much he loves me, he always has but its even more. I got my hair blowdried on saturday (first trip out other than midwife, he came with me incase I got woozy). I cant hold a hairdryer and so its amazing how better you feel with your hair blowdried!!

was looking at rooms today, heres the furniture I really like (not exactly those pieces but you get the idea), dont forget Im a designer and like modern things!! the crib converts to a bed after. I will have to go see the price, Im sure its expensive. I plan on doing the brown/green thing but not quite as much green as on this photo. Just want to get to 2nd tri as Im not shopping or buying yet!

Attachments

• Picture 5.jpg
    Picture 5.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 5
That nursery furniture is stunning!

OH you do have an awesome hubby! :cloud9:

Love the natural colours!! Oh you are going to have so much fun shopping in the not too distant future!

Any idea on travel system/pushchair? Or have you not even started looking?

I have no idea mummy!! I dont even know what Im supposed to look for :dohh: I guess we will go and talk to salespeople. I always remember in MK shopping centres seeing Quinny (sp?) pushchairs and liking the design, just not sure if they are over here. I dont get the whole idea....so you have a car seat and then you put the baby in a whole new pushchair if say you go shopping? or isnt it easier to get a system that the car seat snaps into so you are not moving them or is that too bulky? lol Im sure you are laughing at how clueless I am!!!! I think I will have a lot of questions.

and then for entertainment, I see people with those cute mats that lil bubs lie on. then as they get bigger they can sit in the ones with things to entertain....ny I remember seeing a cute pic of kian in one that looked fun. but I have no idea what age they do what :dohh::haha::blush:

:haha: by the time bubby is here... you will know ALL about these things!

Enjoy finding out about them all....

PS... it took us longer to decide on a travel system than it did to choose a car! :rofl:

We have one that has a chassis (so the wheels) and then bits clip on it... (car seat/pram/pushchair). You can get them on road/off road... forward facing/parent facing that can turn forward facing, you can get them with 3 wheels or 4! The options are endless!!! So things that will help make your mind up... 1) the size of your car boot 2) how easy they are to put up and down. 3) which one appeals to you most design wise!

Baby's shouldn't be kept in a car seat for longer than 90 minutes without a break (that's what they say in the UK... other countries WILL vary!), it's to do with the angles they sit/lie in and the effects it can have on their bone growth etc etc. We live in quite a nanny state, so you can make up your mind on that... but for example... if I'm just nipping out to the shops for a quick few things I'll click the car seat onto the wheels and that solves that. If we're out for longer we take her out the car seat and into the pram. She has JUST moved from the pram to the pushchair now she's old enough to sit up a bit! The pushchair can recline flat but doesn't have the support that the pram has.

Does that make ANY sense? Best thing to do is to go to a big baby store and find their sales staff and ask them to show you what's about! :D then test drive them round the store! :haha:

An article that I suggest every new parent reads is this one: https://www.bobafamily.com/research/strollers-baby-carriers-and-infant-stress/
It is about being careful of the position your baby is in when it's in a carrier/stroller/car seat/pram/cot etc. It's a big long article, but covers a lot, and of COURSE just take from it what you want! Many will ignore much of it, but at least it makes some people aware of the whole 'babies in containers' thing we (the western world) do!

whoa sarah, that furniture is so mature and stunning !!! xx your hubby is so cute coming with you... men wouldnt do that generally !!!

i had absolutely no idea about many things and as mummy says, best thing to do is go and ask the sales staff.. ! we didnt take long to buy as we knew wthe specifics, we wanted one that lays her flat, can attach the car seat too, spin 360 facing forward, back etc, and also can be used as a pushchair.. so it wasnt too bad xxx

you will find out about everything in time xxx

we are doing well thanks, she is finally big enough for us to put tops and pants and shorts on her instead of her sleep wear all the time., x in the process of trying to wean her, some days she finishes the bowl, some days, she wont have a bar of it !

thanks ladies, flying I have bookmarked that link for future reading :thumbup:

I just got back from hand apt and so happy that I dont have to see him for 2 weeks :happydance: he said it looks good and that he is only concerned now if theres any bone at the tip, as skin and tissue wont cover bone. he said he didnt think so, and hopes it just heals as is. if I do have to do a surgery he said its ok in 2nd trimester but lets hope I dont. We wont really know until the scab falls off and we see whats underneath.

I actually was brave and had a quick look when lying down. it just looks like a shorter stubby finger but probably only 1/2-3/4 an inch less than my normal finger. its all scabby and swollen so it looks bad still. not having a nail makes it look worse I think. he said it will be a good 6 months or more until the skin thickens and its not sore.

I was pressing him for reconstructive info and he said most things are just not worth it. they can transplant a piece of toe with nail onto the tip, but then the tip often is numb and you have lost some of your toe so is it worth it just for cosmetic reasons. but I dont show my feet as much as my hands so I could consider it one day, but it would be a new recovery. perhaps I will will fine with my stump eventually I just want to know there may be options. they can plump up nearly anything cosmetically nowdays so why not my finger!!

oooh, scan is getting so close now! yes, its possible for bad things to happen after seeing heartbeat but not as common so just have faith! i cant wait to see a pic.

your hubs is being so good, what a supportie guy. that helps a ton to get through things. hope your finger heals well and feels better by the time baby is here.

we have a travel system for stroller which has been nice....but still wish we had a light weight stroller and a 3 wheel jogging stroller...so not syre anything has all things we wanted. research is necessary!!

we rented a home doppler today, hubby just got home so tried it. first time couldnt hear anything so googled and someone said they lay with their legs off the bed so I tried that and heard it :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: what a sound :cry: so feeling more confident going into mondays scan, it sounds strong so hope all measurements are good [-o<[-o<[-o<

So happy you found the heart beat on the doppler :cloud9: I had to wait til 17 weeks before they'd listen for it at the midwife appointments and didn't get one to hear on my own. Such a special sound :)

Oh thats so fun! We bought our doppler at 10-11 weeks and began using it. Loved it. It got me through some bleeding that made me wonder. So that was a nice relief to have. You should take a video of the flashing number and the sound some time. We have some and they're fun to go back and watch:)

That's really great that you heard the heartbeat! I'm sure monday's scan will be fine and you'll see your little baby bouncing around in there.

We have a travel system, so we use the car seat from that at the moment, but I don't think it's very comfy. We've only left him in it and clipped it onto the stroller twice when he happened to be sleeping cos generally he's not very happy in it. Usually we take him out and put him in the pram/stroller. Our particular pram/stroller converts into a pram / carry cot shape so the baby can lie flat. I was going to post a link but it seems they don't make it anymore :shrug:
We used that a lot when logan was small. He even slept in it for the first 2 or 3 weeks i think it was.
When he was about 14 weeks i think (i forget exactly) we converted it to the stroller (he was able to hold his head very stable at that point). He was getting too long for the pram setting. Now he sits in the stroller and looks around. You can adjust the backrest to 3 different settings, so either sitting up very straight, or slightly inclined (wihch is what we usually use at the moment), or lying down so they can nap.

And our travel system folds with the umbrella fold so fairly compact and fits in the boot of my tiny hyundai atos!
My brother and sil bought a monster of a travel system and landed up having to by a bigger car so it could fit in that!

We borrowed my friend's stroller on the weekend (her daughter is 2), and i must say that is super compact and really light and was nice in that regard, but i don't really see us getting one like that because although it's super easy and convenient to transport/carry, it felt a bit too 'dinky' for me. It's quite short (i'm fairly tall - 1.72m) and just felt a bit like a child's toy. i like that our travel system stroller is quite sturdy.

hope your finger heals soon sarah xxxx

yay for hb on doppler ... told you it would give you peace of mind xxxx its the best invention ever for worried preg women !

roll on monday scan !!!!!! xxx

Yay for hearing the heartbeat at home!!! It's so magical isn't it!! Definitely record it; I love going back to those magical times.... :)

And I forgot to say before I LOVE that style nursery furniture! Looks great!

My mum found our pram online second-hand but still in great condition. One really important thing to me was that it had to face backwards to me rather than only forwards to the world. It breaks my heart seeing so many kids straining to look up and back through the peep hole at their mum! And it seems so dis-jointed to have them looking away... I love the eye contact and chatting to him about stuff as we walk (the few times I've used the pram... turns out it's not as 'necessary' as I thought! lol)

Tomorrow is scan day!
Yea, i agree with them facing you. I like it best, but he hates carseat and now in the big stroller faces out only. So i put him in the carrier most often. We still bring the stroller usually though just in case. Lol. We are dorks yes.

yes tomorrow is scan day! in-laws were just over and we were able to let them hear the hb on the doppler, they were in awe!

we went to a baby store yesterday and the guy was really good at explaining a lot of things! he showed us a travel system (britax) that had a bunch of attachments....a regular 'seat' that faces you and out (flying he said the same thing he likes the facing you thing), a bassinette, a car seat, and ability to have a 2nd seat for a 2nd child (with my age I probably wont wait too long to do the 2nd transfer). It seemed to be a great allrounder, and he said Britax makes really safe carseats...anyone know of them? I think they are in the uk.

also found the cribs/furniture, chair etc I like!! oooh I cant believe this actually might be real, but still have a few weeks to go. if everything looks good tomorrow I will feel so much more confident [-o<[-o<[-o<

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->