ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

thanks huggles!
my 40th bday is on oct 1, so will be a nice bday present!
also me, my mum, and mother in law are all october babies, so Im assuming its a girl to join us :haha:

Aww yay for hearing the heartbeat!!!! I totally cried hearing it the first time, and I'm so glad I recorded it! And yay for the scan so soon! Oooh it'll be so exciting cos it looks like a real wee baby at that stage! The downes syndrome testing is a hard one. We chose in the end to not know our risk factor. Cos I really don't think I could abort if it was downes, so the risk of the amino was never going to be an option, and therefore if we had a high chance/risk, all it'd do is worry us! I know of those who were given really high risk stats of like 1 in 8 chance it'll be a downes baby, but they have a gorgeous normal kid! And others with a 1 in 10,000 chance who DO get a downes bub... Without getting the amino done it really is impossible to know, and there was just nooooooo way I'd ever get the amino done with such a risk of miscarriage regardless of the outcome (I actually know of someone who got the amino done, miscarried because of it, and then the results came back clear and fine... I know heaps of others get the amino with no problems, but I couldn't risk that!) Ohhhhh, and the hard choices will never end now!!! lol.

ny, we use a weleda brand teething powder so it's all natural stuff. Though in saying that, I've only used it once and I'm not sure if he had teething pains then or not anyway!! Caleb has been wearing an amber necklace for a while though, and TWO teeth have cut through now with no issues... No idea if it's thanks to anything or just 'luck' this time though!!!!!

flying I am the same, wouldnt do the amnio as I dont think I could ever abort. but if I didnt do the initial screening I might not have gotten an ultrasound till much later. Im just hoping it comes back with a lower risk. if not, we will deal with it and I suppose hope for the best. quite a few family members have had late babies....my nanna had my mum at 40 (in 1939!), my aunt had natural twins at 40 (in the 1960's), with no problems so Im hoping i will be the same. yikes theres so much and the stats are daunting.

lol, yeah we went for the scan, let them do the measurements and stuff (while we just oggled our baby for the first time!) but just told my midwife I didn't want the results... We wouldn't have gotten that scan otherwise either!!

oh sarah, im sorry about the scab and the healing time.. you have to make the right decision about the finger, i do know that they have anaesthetics that are safe during pregnancy, but i completely understand where you are coming from, i would be completely weary about it as well. xxx

oh youre going to be 39-40 weeks on your 40th ! how amazing.. im sure everything will go fine.. it is meant to be xxx

cant wait for march 19th :cloud9: and the scan pic on here.. it is going to be simply amazing.. i forgot to ask you or maybe i have already.. are you going to stay team yellow? i think you might have said yes.. please ignore the question if you have answered already, ive lost my mind recently, cant seem to remember much of anything ! xxx

yes I think we are on :yellow:
I think I mentioned before that I could go either way, but would also love the big surprise at the end. hubby definitely does not want to know, so Im going with him as its the stronger opinion. Im assuming its a girl because of the nausea and the october birthday to join me, my mum and mother in law. hopefully we can have some guesses from the scans.
my tummy feels a little firmer today on the lower region. not sure if Im imagining :wacko:

guessing will be fun !! i felt a bit tight at that stage too, especially on my lower abdominal, could be your uterus, but im not entirely sure ! xx hoping its a girl for you, if thats what you want, im sure you will be ok with anything !

I also took the 12 week scan for the sake of having a scan! Otherwise we wouldn't have had one til 20 weeks?!?!? I was like, no way I need to see this baby who is still causing me to bleed! It was cool to see because it was moving around like a real baby and I seriously found it hard to doubt the integrity of that baby after seeing it!

Im sorry about your bad finger day. I think I would have it closed next week if theres something seeming wrong with it. I know its not your ideal, but you can probably end a lot of your suffering quicker and get to the part that you need to begin accepting it. You cannot heal in your mind before you start to heal physically from the pain and the open wound. I hope it begins soon.

Are you on prenatal pills? I hated them, but def a good thing to be on! Just to make sure you are getting enough Folic Acid is very important for the spinal cord development.

ny yes I have been taking prenatels for 2 years now! and for the next scan as its part of the screening you can do it from 11 weeks so Im doing it @ 11 weeks 3 days! we will have to decide when Im in 2nd trimester, then midwife didnt really say anything about that.

preethi Ive always quite wanted a boy, only because my mum was 1 of 3 girls, I was 1 of 3 girls and my sister has 2 girls! however a girl would be much more familiar after seeing my nieces grow up. so Im really good either way.

we told our inlaws last night! my mother in law, father in law, sister in law and husband to be came over for dinner and to see the victims (me and my older dog!) and we gave them their shower gifts as I didnt go. we were going to wait till the next scan but I couldnt pretend anymore, especially when I couldnt eat much at dinner.

as mentioned we received SIL's wedding invitation this week so we took the reply card and accepted with the number of guests '3'. I gave it to MIL and said please open now, and she read it and then said '3'? I think perhaps at first she was thinking we were replying for my mum too. but hubby then said 'we are pregnant!' their response was lovely, they are very very happy. so more people praying that I get through the next few weeks.

it was nice to feel normal about my finger too as they are very supportive but also acting like its not a big deal, so it takes away some of that traumatic feeling. I showed them the 7 week scan and SIL spent most of the night looking at the baby name book...she wants babies after a year of marriage! I also told them about the whole journey from polyp removal to IVF, they were totally cool with it, and I mentioned how the catholic church doesnt agree with it and we had a big discussion about it and I was happy with their response. MIL was just glowing, it was really nice. We said we will tell everyone else after the next scan. So bub has a lot of love already and cant give up on us now [-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<

aww sarah, im so glad everyone was happy, its so nice, your last para really moved me. xx im sure bub wont give up on you now.. youre already onto second tri very soon.. xx

I have tears in my eyes after reading how you shared the news Sarah. :cloud9:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh............. how awesome honey!!! What a lovely reaction from your MIL and the rest of the family :cloud9: So lovely to hear she has no issues with the whole IVF thing, because that would just have made things uncomfy.

One week to go till scan... :dance: xxxx

awwwww, I'm feeling all teary too, it's just SUCH a magical time to be pregnant and to be able to tell everyone special to you.... ohhhhh!!! So awesome hun! So SOOO awesome! It's been such a long wait, and look at you! You are growing a lil human!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You really are doing it!!! I know it probably feels surreal cos it's been so long following us in our pregnancies, but now it's YOUR turn!!! :cloud9:

I love how thrilled we all are for Sarah :cloud9: you and your baby are certainly loved Sarah :flower:

Im teary too! Its a relief that your in laws are supportive and excited for this baby, no matter how it was achieved. Very nice. Now you will just have to be strong not finding out the sex:)

Im feeling really down for everyone today. firstly someone in the over 35 folder got a bfn from ivf, then someone in the assisted folder had their 11 week scan and no HB (after seeing it previous scans), then someone else doing IVF for a 2nd time just found out they got no embryos. Why does it have to be so hard for people who want it so much :cry: my scan is on monday and Im nervous after hearing the person who got to 11 weeks and no HB. I heard the HB at midwife last week but this person said they heard the heartbeat on their doppler last week. So unless they were mistaken. Oh please let me get through the next few weeks.

my finger is ok, still going monday & wednesday for dressings and friday to the hand doctor. I hate the friday apts as the guy is not gentle like the lil old ladies at the dressing place. last week he was mentioning he has to keep an eye on some yellow crust he saw, hubby said he doesnt see anymore of that anymore so FXd. its mainly scabby at the end now so Im hoping skin is healing underneath. what a horrible ordeal its been, Im hoping Im through the worst and things can only get better.

hope you are all doing well :flower:

Good luck for Monday Sarah. I'm sure all will be fine :hugs:

Oh hun... it really sucks! The people that want it so badly and then can't when others can and abort because they don't want it... it's an awful injustice! :(

I will keep absolutely everything crossed for MOnday! Gosh not long to go now! Can you even believe you're at this stage already??? where did the time go? Watch... we'll be saying that again as you enter 3rd tri and then as you're prepping to have the baby! :D

I just can't wait for a ticker!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

thanks ladies. I will only be 11 weeks 3 days on monday, but thats ok for the screening scan. when are we going to say Im in 2nd tri? what do most people do?

Personally I would probably say 13 weeks, then 3rd tri at 27 weeks. So it worked out that 1st tri = 13 weeks, 2nd tri = 14 weeks and 3rd tri = 13 weeks.

Technically, 40/3 = 13.33... so 13 and a half weeks would be most accurate! :shrug: but it's up to you honey bunch!!! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->