• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

lol that was Sara. She managed to post it too.

awwww hi saranna!!!!!!

even though Ive wanted Cieran Michael at the same time Im not totally set on it, as I always kept it open in my mind incase he doesnt look like a Cieran!!

and you are right, I would never comment on someones name even if I didnt love it. my best friend named her girl Florence and at first I wasnt sure, but now I cant imagine her anything else but Florence.

my husbands other contribution is winter. its kinda interesting but Im not really into the weird name thing.

I also hear you on the not wanting a really popular name either. If it was in the top 10 I didn't want to use it even if I liked the name lol. Initially I was dead against any name that was in the top 100 but had to compromise with the top 10 lol. However, Ethan is a really nice name. (I actually know an Ethan Michael, even though you said you wouldn't use Michael as a middle name with Ethan)

Oh it is hard isn't it! I wasn't totally sure about Caleb either, but he was handed up to me as I rolled to my back in the bath, I snuck a look between his legs as the midwife draped a towel over us for warmth and simply said "Hi Caleb!" :cloud9:

I agree that people feel the need to have an opinion if you tell them prior to birth so I would avoid that myself... I do love Cieran, but I like Ethan too. I can totally understand wanting to avoid a top 10 name, but *my* name was a top 10 name when I was born too, and I personally know a fair few people with the same name as me and I really don't care! lol! I know it was common but it's still me! School classes almost always have a double up name but it's no biggie, and the school years will be over far too quickly and life will carry on! Basically trying to say it is a GOOD classic name (it's not a 'fad' name, which unfortunately Winter is, as much as I love it!) so don't rule it out if you like it! You will work it out in only a couple of months time and all will be well!!

I'm totally laughing at you breastfeeding Caleb though! lmao!!!

My guess: Oct 10th at 4am, 8lb even and 53cm long! :)

The hospital gave me huge pads that went all through the panties from top to bottom. It was a little awkward but I was bleeding pretty bad. They also gave me throw away panties which I used until I ran out of them. :(

Kristin's middle name Isabella is really popular but we also seem to have chosen the year of the K first names unfortunately. A lot of Kristin's friends her age in playgroup have names that start with K like Kaylee (very popular right now with all different spellings).

My guess would be 29th September , 3.7- 3.8 kg, 53cm xxx

Sorry for no input on birth and stuff to take along as i didnt get to experience any of it, never got to pack my bag even !

xxx so excited for you xx he'll be here soon.. i love your first choice and ethan is great too, its quite common now though x

Speak to FIL about the name bit. at the end of the day, it is your choice, and yes they may be offended, but they'll forget about it soon once bub is here xx

its upto you at the end of the day.. xx

My MIL hated the name Charlotte and couldn't stand Lottie.

TOUGH... we liked it, so we used it.

She was even captured on a family video saying she hated the name to an Aunt and we saw the footage a year later when visiting a cousin. Michael phoned them and told them what had happened, how rude and embarrassing it was for her to say that and how awful it was for us to view. Mike said... what if Lottie one day see's the video??? NOT COOL. They ate a lot of humble pie! :haha:

Now she can't imagine Charlotte names anything else and even calls her Lottie Pops like we do! :haha:

preethi I am at the stage that you delivered gemma....Im 32 + 3 by ticker but 32 + 1 by midwife
do you have any photos of her from her first day? I remember the one close up one you sent and she looked like a proper baby, not like some of those premature babies you see.
I still have a hard time imagining I have an actual baby in there :dohh:

thanks for all your comments on the name thing, Im sure it will be Cieran Michael and I just hope MIL doesnt say anything on the day as I will have to blame pregnancy hormones for my response :grr: I might actually bring it up this weekend as we are having a BBQ, I will say it in front of some other family members who will back me up. I just want MIL and FIL to know in advance that we are only doing 2 names and why.

sorry didnt see this earlier, you are now 34 weeks, but i will post the pic for you when i get home. im staying at my mums at the moment. so it will be later on this week. but will do to show you what she looked like xx cant believe you have only 6 weeks left !! eeekk

Happy 1st Birthday Gemma! Hope you had a lovely day with Mummy and Daddy! Preethi I can't believe she's a year! That year flew by in the blink of an eye!

Hope all is going well with the pregnancy Sarah! Getting close now! Not long before full term! How are you feeling???

hi everyone!!

Im 35 weeks today :happydance::happydance::happydance: I feel so unorganized though. Just had family here for 2 weeks and a rush work job that we had to take on as it was good money which will take another week to finish. I havent packed my hospital bag or read much of my baby books. Im sure it will all go ok I just want to feel more organized.

went for a scan yesterday as MW wasnt sure if bubs head was down. she thought it was but then she heard the heartbeat stronger in a different area that made her think he could be in a weird spot. I was so happy as Ive only had 3 official scans. Anyway he IS head down, and I saw him drinking the amnotic fluid, his lil chin was going up and down :cloud9: the measurements predict he is 6 lbs 4 :wacko::dohh: LOL but I think its probably as he will be a tall baby (Im 5'10 and hubby 6') and so that throws it off as its just based on an average from measurements. or perhaps thats correct and I will be giving birth to a 9 pounder :haha:

did a maternity shoot last week, it was only a $150 add on to the newborn shoot we have booked. Before we got started she was showing how she photoshops the images, she showed someone with stretchmarks before and a baby with some redness and how she fixes it. later I was standing in a sheer sheet practically naked and husband says 'you wont need any photoshopping'. he was deadly serious and it was such a sweet thing to say, that just sums him up!

getting uncomfortable now, cant sit for long as my bump gets scrunched and sore. had some cramps here and there but nothing crazy. I wonder if the scan report will show my cervix shortening at all? I get another scan at 38 weeks ...because of my age they dont want me going to far over...for them to check the placenta is working ok. I think its called a biophysical profile?

hope you are all doing well, hey for fun you should all add a photo of your bubs when they were just born

so exciting!!

Awww....your hubby is so lovely! He's def a keeper! :D

Hope you feel more in control soon! You will be just fine! Fab news that little man is head down and ready to go! :yipee:

Here are my two...

Lizzie

322482_10150913058455106_1786875076_o.jpg

Lottie

2660_161613210105_3047314_n.jpg

awwww mummy they look soooooo cute! seeing as Ive seen so many photos of lottie being older its unbelievable how much that looks like her, so early!

so I know gemma was really early, but who else was earlier than DD, no-one was around where I am now I dont think?

so today I was thinking wow my bump has grown, seems to be projecting more in the middle. but today Ive been having some shooting pain in my cervix and googled it. people talked about having that when baby has dropped, so perhaps my having more 'bump' in the middle its dropped? did everyone noticeably see when they dropped? it doesnt look low like I remember NY's dropping photo being. I hope it means something is happening, although also want him in there for a while longer!!

Thanks mummy, shes actually not having much fun as she has been ill with a severe cough and cold since last saturday.. ive tried everything to no avail.. i know it is viral, and her appointment is on tuesday but hopefully try and go tomorrow as she is suffering. ive had to cancel her birthday party with other babies due to this, and only had a small get together with family tonight.

those pics are so cute cath x

sarah, cant believe youre 35 weeks. excititng you had a photo shoot, we just had a professional shoot done last week, will be going to view them next saturday..x your hubby is so sweet !!

cant wait to see your pics now xx yay for bubs going head down x

sarah im unable to uplaod the pic, it keeps sayuing its too large and i tried to compress it, its not working out.,. but rest assured,she did look quite normal face wise, except she was all skin and bones , born with such low birth weight at 1.5 kg. thankfully shes doing great now, except for all this stupid viral cold.

youve got onkly a few weeks left !!:happydance:

Thanks ladies... ah Preethi I'm sorry she's not well! Big cuddles! :hugs:

Sarah, before they drop down into the pelvis they need to get the right angle. *I think* so that is probably what you have now is that bubs is lying in the correct position and you will probably find your bump will drop further in the next few weeks as you lead up to birth. I know Logan and Kian were early.

Ooooohh you are getting so close now!!! It is so surreal knowing you will actually have a son soon! YAY!!!

Here is Caleb a few hours old:
https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_3493.jpg

he started looking more like HIM about 10 days+. see:
https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_3593.jpg

omg, you are totally getting me clucky again looking at him as a teeny newborn!! lol

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/381764_541213642543_458104599_n.jpg
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/303724_542261697233_1292139452_n.jpg
Those white bumps on her nose are normal and went away on their own.
Current ones
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/416638_577525144003_1692399298_o.jpg
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/391476_577061677793_1341602486_n.jpg

I am sooooo broody looking at all these newborn pics *cluck cluck* (I'm surprised on a board like this there isn't a smiley for that :haha:

Kian and Logan were both born around 36 weeks (can't remember how many days) so you're getting close to the GA they were born. Happy 35 weeks! You're getting so close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->