Ok this is a TMI post, sorry in advance..

o0oCharlieo0o

Reaction score
Well because of our 3 losses before this baby as soon as we found out we were pregnant me and my fiance decided we wouldn't have sex (or any sexual contact at all for me) until after the 12 week scan, my doctor also said this was a good idea, however we had the 12 week scan yesterday morning and everything was perfect, sooooo we decided last night to DTD, i went for a wee after and when i wiped there was blood, not a lot and not bright red just pinky coloured on the tissue, i panicked! Next time i went for a wee there was a tiny tiny bit still of the pinky colour blood and since then there has been nothing but i feel like iv been kicked in my bits Lol and a bit of tummy niggles but not painful, im thinking its due to it being such a long time since we had sex (pretty much 10 weeks) but the panic in me is freaking out telling me any blood is no good and wondering if iv done any damage?! I just wondered what you ladies thought? And should i avoid sex again? That will be extremely difficult the 10 weeks was hell lol

You need to wait until there is no more bleeding. The problem is many people dont understand how sensitive the cervix is. Therefore they have sex just the same as before. You cant have rougher sex or else the cervix is bound to bleed a little. The key is to take it very slow and softly. This means no hard thrusting. Me and dh have sex when im up to it and i never bleed. He understands he needs to be gentle now. Wait until the bleeding is gone and then try sex again but VERY slow and gentle. If you still bleed then i say abstain from it for the rest of the pregnancy.

If sex still = bleeding after being more gentle then I'd say no more sex!!
You can still get intimate, just lay off the intercourse, it's really not worth the stress and panic.

Good luck
xxJxx

I would take I easy too, If any more bleeding then quit. Xx
Hubby and I have refrained from any the past 3 weeks due to a previous miscarriage. In my last pregnancy we had nookies at 26 weeks and I had a major bleed to the point of being hospitalized for 3 days as they worried about early labour. I was told we were not allowed any for the rest of the pregnancy to be safe. (Little man came at 37 weeks) Xx

Thanks ladies there has been no look at all since that night, i will wait a few days at least i reckon and be more careful, see how it goes

I had bleeding from May 17th til presently. It was mostly when I wiped and ranged anywhere from pink to bright red. I would get the spotting within a couple days after DTD with my fiance. Well come to find out, I have a subchorionic hematoma, which has been the cause of the spotting. So if you are really worried, like I was, ask to get a scan done and see if they can find anything. Hopefully it stops for you and everything continues to go great :)

Girl, you are totally fine. Bleeding is 100% normal after sex. When they say to wait a week after any bleeding to have sex, they mean wait a week after any non-sex bleeding. (I got this info from my doctor, my peri, and my RE.)

When I asked my OB about it recently, this is what she said: There is absolutely no way that sex can cause miscarriage and there have been about a zillion studies to prove it.

She did tell me that since I'm prone to panicking at the sight of blood, she'd recommend I stay away from sex and orgasms until at least the second trimester, just so I won't be as scared when I bleed- and she said that most women DO bleed with sex, so I should expect it to happen. She also said it can be anything from spotting to a LIGHT FLOW! Yep. Some women actually need a pad after sex during pregnancy and it's totally fine. OMG.

When pregnant we have extra blood flow down there so spotting after sex is not unusual! You may have to change positions I have found I can't be on top.... :) don't panic xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->