Okie Dokie! ...who is due within the next couple of weeks?!

Getting out of bed is . . . interesting! I did have a nice sleep last night though as well as a lie in for once as OH got DD up. My parents got a missed call last night just after midnight and didn't recognise the mobile number so rang me up hoping for some news . . . I said, sorry - not me, everything is fine I'm afraid! Of all the wrong numbers to call, my poor parents :haha:

Aww your poor parents.. Nice you got to sleep in.. I have to admit out of all the struggles of new parenthood I'm missing the sleep over everything..I've never been a good sleeper.. But I'd just like to feel refreshed one morning

Aww your poor parents.. Nice you got to sleep in.. I have to admit out of all the struggles of new parenthood I'm missing the sleep over everything..I've never been a good sleeper.. But I'd just like to feel refreshed one morning

^^^^this!!!

I think it must of been my calm before the storm! Having some pretty 'nice' contractions all morning.

I remember the no sleep :hugs:

Good luck kte!

I cried yesterday because I wanted the excitement of labour all over again. I think I'm bonkers. I hated being pregnant for the last month or so and cried every day with frustration that he wasn't here yet. Hormones, eh?!

Hey ladies im home. I think most of you are on other threads and see my birth storie lol.

Im now little worried about my scar as it bleeding a little will have to let midwife know about it tomorrow.

Just a quickie from me:

Baby Sophie was born 1st April at 41+1 weighing 7lbs 11oz. We are just out of hospital today so will update later with a pic :flower:

Congrats to everyone!

Just wanted to apologize for not being around.
Got diagnosed with postpartum depression today. All makes sense on why ive been feeling the way i have since pretty much the hospital. Just got worse the last few days so went to see a doc.

Fingers crossed i get better soon. Im on some meds and the doc said it should take a cpl weeks to take effect. Im to see him again in 2 weeks to see how im doing and if all is well, will keep taking the meds for about 6 months.

Didnt expect this at all! I would never wish the way i feel and the thoughts i have on anyone.

Will update when i can.

Aww Nikki :hugs: so sorry to hear Hun!! Please take care of yourself!! I think I have had bouts of it.. I've been trying to get out to visit friends and family as much as I can so I don't get into a slump.. Plus it helps give me a break cause everyone wants to hold Carson ..

I'm so proud of you for seeking help.. It takes a strong person to do so!!

Aww hun, i agree with skeet look after your self. I know it easy to not to and with other things going on also glad you getting help for it to.

Im getting my rubella jag soon so im going to ask the nurse to have quick look at my stitches as i noticed some thread thing hanging out :| midwife looked yesterday and i mentioned the fluid which she said was ok gave me some pads and told me to keep it clean and dry. But i never noticed this thread until now :( i know the thing it meant to dissolve away and that i was glued together lol well the skin was lol i think once im over this part ill never think bad of a section again. its just the recovery progress that daunting me always worried about it lol

:hugs: Hope you can start to feel better and well done for seeking help :flower:

Aw I haven't written on here since the birth of my LO Isabella because well for a start I struggle to find time but also I have had baby blues since around day 3. Isabella has jaundice, my milk didn't come in until day 5, and so we've had a bit of a rough start to things. Now today I have literally spent the whole day crying. I feel completely overwhelmed at the responsibility and the 24/7 nature of having a baby. You expect sleep deprivation, but can't be prepared for this! It's only day 7 so I suppose it's early days yet but I'm already terrified of my Dh going back to work and being left alone with her. I know if my feelings continue then I guess that's post partum depression.

So sorry for you Nikki. But if it helps you're not the only one. It makes me so mad that people generally don't talk about this subject like its taboo. Doesn't help anyone! If people spoke more openly about it then maybe we wouldn't feel so much like we're failing.

At some point I'll probably post my birth story, I'll see.

aww i hope its just a lil phase hun but if your still feeling that way its worth speaking to someone about it.

Im on day 10 i think... last day of the midwife to. me and the fob take a night each to look after paige just so we're getting our sleep aswell defo is hard work looking after a new born and the nights seem to be the worse. but i keep getting told it does get better ive also look at other website about newborn sleeping patterns... and tips to try and help them sleep better.

so far she has slept ok today wish there was a way to keep her awake a little longer through the day so she would possible sleep better through the night xx

:hugs: Impatient. I hope you are able to feel better soon too :flower: I'm pretty sure even though most of the posts you read on here, plus the things you hear etc, can make you feel worse. I'm sure that really even if people don't say, we have all had some worries and a good cry, I know I have. You're really not alone. I really do hope that you start to feel happier (and Nikki) and not that you are failing, but certainly don't ignore how you are feeling. You have just gone through something amazing yes but it is very traumatic at the same time and it's not very well recognised sometimes. :hugs:

Don't feel bad ladies..I have had a lot of tears and Carson will be a month this thursday!! He fusses a lot and is very gassy!! I spend most of Saturday crying and feeling frusterated... I find lately that if he starts getting too fussy we get out of the house and it makes us both feel better..I've been visiting friends and family a lot..its nice because they all want to hold him and cuddle him and it gives me a break...also I find i'm not eating properly because he is so fussy all the time... Usually when i go to my friends they feed me too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->