Old names back in fashion....what about...

bagpuss5

Reaction score
Loads of names seem to have gone full circle and are back in fashion. What about ivy? my OH isn't so sure though, what are your thoughts? Any other old names back in 'fashion' ???

My friend just had a little girl named hattie, such a pretty name

I really like Ivy.

I also like

Esther
Imogen and
Beatrice

Yeah old names are back in fashion. And i really like Ivy and Iris :D

Yeah old names are back in fashion. And i really like Ivy and Iris :D

LOVE Ivy and Iris :) OH doesn't like them though so i've got to come up with another old name that he likes for this one. Our DD is called Elsie and it really suits her :)

So they seem to be really popular now :) they are lovely names and it's lovely when you can put a sentimental meaning to them too :)

I really wanted Elsie-May for a girl (my nans name) but hubby says no :(

I wanted Evie (E-V) so bad because both of my grandmothers are named Evelyn but OH says people would call her "Summers Evie" :(

BOO! But Ivy is beautiful

We are going with old fashioned boys name Wyatt

I love the name Evelyn (Evie) But OH was having none of it :(

I liked Edie or Edith for a girl, possibly Jimmy for a boy

If it's a girl, I want to name her Gwyneth. My eldest has the middle name of Elsie after my great-Grandmother. The younger has Esther in her middle name after OH's aunt. My baby sister got the middles names of two of my Great-Grandmothers of Loretta and Irene. From that generation, that kind of leaves Emma because both Lois and Erdine are out in my book.

I love older names for girls, my DD is called Faith and we are calling this bab elizabeth for a girl use eliza for short :)
I like cooler boys names just because i think they can get away with them when theyre old lol! but i think girls need a nice old name so that they sound graceful when they are old :) xx

Ivy is beautiful!
I'm going with a semi old fashioned name, Madeline.

I actually really like Agatha. My Grandma was Mardett and I like that too....but I don't think either is going to work for this baby! Who at the moment is Lillian.

Ivy was my nans name, so sweet. We have chosen Grace and middle name Ada after my OH sister who passed away a few years ago it was also my great grandmothers name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->