Old names back in fashion....what about...

some good old fashioned names suggested...Elsie and faith are nice, my oh really likes faith. Any more suggestions girls or boys? Quite like frank for a boy! :happydance:

Ivy was my nans name, so sweet. We have chosen Grace and middle name Ada after my OH sister who passed away a few years ago it was also my great grandmothers name.
Grace is nice, lil gracey :thumbup:

I love the way old names are coming back round again, it's really sentimental, like that generation is getting old now so lets start it again calling our babies those names, so they never get lost, lovely :flower:. I love Grace.

We are having a little girl and her name is Annie~Mae we are naming her after my husbands mum, who sadly isn't here any more..

I love the name Ivy :)

i like joyce after my grandma but my partner isnt keen hmm .. thats if baby is a girl anyway we think its a he :D

If my baby is a girl she will be Annie - after my Granny who passed on 2 years ago. It is old fashioned but I think it's so sweet and OH loves it.

When I was a kid I was the only Mollie in the school and unfortunately for me "Are you being served?" was in its heyday back then so everybody used to call me Mollie Sugden! but its nice to see it making a comeback now. My husband, bless his heart, would love to call little one Nellie after his nan (if girl obs!) but I think Nellie Ellis is a step too far!!!

I love old names so meaningful! I love ivy!!! Such a beautiful name! My little girl is going to be Evelyn grace but she will be called Evie all the time I no it's quite popular at the moment but I just love it!! I would go with ivy if I were u it's a lovely name! Xxx

i have holly elizabeth and lily edith in memory of both our grans

What about boy names?? I would like an old fashioned name, we can't seem to agree on a boys name! I like Oscar but we need a few more ideas!! I liked Arthur but I like watching the BBC programme Merlin so my OH thinks that's why!!

What about boy names?? I would like an old fashioned name, we can't seem to agree on a boys name! I like Oscar but we need a few more ideas!! I liked Arthur but I like watching the BBC programme Merlin so my OH thinks that's why!!
for boys i liked
harry
george
edward
xx

I like all them :)

He won't ahev edward because it's his middle name, or Harry as my cousins baby is called Harry but I really George, he won;t have it :-( I get annoyed that he says NO to all my suggestions but never comes up with any himself!!

I like all them :)

He won't ahev edward because it's his middle name, or Harry as my cousins baby is called Harry but I really George, he won;t have it :-( I get annoyed that he says NO to all my suggestions but never comes up with any himself!!
We haven't done it yet but our plan is to list one or two favorite names each for each letter of the alphabet and then compare after to see what matches! :hugs:

George is a nice name :thumbup:

I love Old Fashion names. Ivy is great (my grandmothers name is Ivy). If we have a girl we plan (for now anyway) on calling her Violey Lily Elizabeth. Lily is after Both my grandmothers Middle names and Elizabeth after DH's grandmother. We love the name George for a little boy. My cats names are Henry and Edgar, after both my grandfathers.
I would love to name my daughter Evelyn, but I was a nanny for a little Evie and i am super close to them so it would be too odd.

I love Ivy, a friend has already used it though.

Ester is another on our list.

I have clodagh as our girls name which is quite old fashioned but I love it and all the women I've known by this name have been awesome so this fills me with happiness :D

In saying that I'm convinced this is another boy, so I'm scuppered. I have no boy names!

I love Florence. Its my nanna's middle name, and I think its just stunning. However, OH doesn't agree. I don't even know what he likes! Hasn't ever actually mentioned a name!

I like Ethan for a boy, although I'm not sure its old fashioned. Max too.
I also like Oscar, Arthur, Harry, George and William. OH doesn't agree on these though either.

I love all these old fashioned names - so nice for the babies to grow into!

I have caused myself double the difficulty by wanting something old fashioned and traditionally Scottish too! Just want to keep with my heritage and I am doing ok for girly names but struggling with the boys but loving some of the suggestions on here.

HAs to be said I do love Ivy - very cute xxx

I really like Ivy, my name is almost decided as Ida if it's a girly, dead similar!

:kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->