• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Old School POAS addicts - chat thread!

Wow. How confusing and heartbreaking. Hope everything gets figured out tomorrow.

Best of luck hun! I hope there is some sort of explanation. Either you are pregnant and its viable, or perhaps even a crossed wire somewhere and they have someone elses blood work results.
Keep us updated.

Ok, so I had an exam - everything feels normal. An u/s - it looks like I o'd around 6 days ago (just like I thought.) I ruptured something, whether a cyst or an egg we do not know. We could see the follicle and fluid around my ovary. There was no sign of pregnancy. I also had blood work to check the hcg in my system. I can call around 2:30 and they should have the results. So my hcg will either be 0, or it will be a little number which will either go down because I had a chemical or it will go up because I am around 5 dpo and am pregnant. :wacko: I do not believe I was pregnant 5 weeks ago. Something is really weird with the insurance company.
Either way, the great news is my body will take care of whatever is going on without intervention.
I hope I'm newly pregnant :blush:

Wow! What a trip though. So glad that everything is looking good in there! And yay for being in a TWW!!! Fingers crossed there's a new wee pregnancy in there!! :dance:

Just called the office. Results are in - Dr has to call me back. That's probably not good :nope:

Hopefully it's just procedure that the doc calls you rather than being given them straight out by whoever it was you spoke to earlier

Totally negative. The nurse who called me back was very sweet. She said it is not routine for insurance companies to test for pregnancy. I wonder if they asked because I have not had a period since July 2012. :haha: Stupid insurance company. :growlmad: I'm so glad my dr office is so great.
Anyway, I am officially in the tww, 5dpo.
Thank you for the support! :hugs:

Soooo glad to hear!!! :dance:

Stupid insurance people making you worry for nothing :grr:

Yay for a tww!!! Wooooooohooo!!!

Did a little research. Life insurance does not typically test for pregnancy. They do, however, test for something called Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP.) This level is most commonly elevated by pregnancy, but can be elevated by breastfeeding. Hey, thank you very much for getting us all freaked out over nothing! I really blame the agent who called my dh & asked with no other info. And shouldn't he know they do not test for pregnancy??? I'll put my $ on that was the issue.

How about a ticker for fun?

That does sound like the most likely explanation. Well if nothing else at least you have a confirm ovulation. I'm so paranoid that I'm going to go months with no ovulation. But I'm glad it was nothing for you to worry about in the end.

That does sound like the most likely explanation. Well if nothing else at least you have a confirm ovulation. I'm so paranoid that I'm going to go months with no ovulation. But I'm glad it was nothing for you to worry about in the end.

Well, at least it kept the thread interesting :thumbup:

I hope you return to normal ovulation & cycles!

I'm so glad everything is alright! I've never heard of anyone diagnosing a pregnancy from ALP levels, there are LOTS of things that can raise it, how could they assume it was pregnancy?!

Anyway yay for tww!

I'm paranoid too! I googled last night and found some stories of people going 3 months after stopping bf. I hope I get af soon as everything and everyone is annoying me!

It took around 8 weeks this time to get first af after switching to partially breastfeeding. Was the same with ds1 and things became pretty regular after him but I didn't know to monitor ovulation. And was a few months after completely weaning that I fell pregnant. Ds2 I went into bcp as soon as we weaned so I got af at my first break in pills.
Hope yours returns soon. I was in an awful mood for a few days before af this time. And I did have lots of O signs around 10-14 days before af so fingers crossed that I'll O again.
If I didn't know what had happened last time I wouldn't be so worried. Hoping it's as I was still bfing so often last time.
I guess what will be will be and however long it takes that's the baby I'm meant to have.

I'm so glad everything is alright! I've never heard of anyone diagnosing a pregnancy from ALP levels, there are LOTS of things that can raise it, how could they assume it was pregnancy?!

Anyway yay for tww!

I don't know if that's really why they asked, I just assumed after I read up a little. Either way it's really weird.

This is the longest I have gone without pp af. I think it was all the night nursing. I usually got my cycles back between 9 & 12 months. I nursed for a full year with everyone. Waiting for my cycles to return was terrible.

And since we are old school poas addicts I will test tomorrow at 7dpo with those crappy purple tests. I have like 5 of those left. I do have 3 $ store tests and 3 frer also should I need them. i would have tested today, but my blood test was bfn yesterday so there was really no point lol.

I was just going to ask when you would start testing! :dance: Looking forward to pee sticks!! :haha: :dance:

Love your new avatar picture, btw! Super cute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->