Old Wifestail or Turth?

ab2401

Reaction score
So I have been told before that if you add a little vanilla extract to your baby's bottle (not sure how much) it will calm them down. I can only imagine its because of the ALC. in it.

Has anyone else heard this or tried it?

I haven't, just heard about it.... not sure if I would do it but sometimes I feel like might try anything (Rylees getting colic, I think)

My grandmother said thats what she did "back in the day"
:rofl:

i've never heard of it hun. maybe google it and find it.

hay hun i cant say ive heard of that i would check it out first xx

I looked it up just to be curious and found on ly one thread 'easily' about this topic and the basic answer was no way. One person stated it can have up to 80% alcohol whist I found this which does state a 'min' of 35%
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanilla_extract

I wouldn't sweetie.

I came into a simular situation with rusks! It was a to do back in my Aunts days but I came on asked and looked it up to find the recommendation is like 8-9 months now so things change so much including formulas and other methods of 'calm' :D

x

oh I wasn't really planing on doing it.

You know how we all have them days where it seems like anything would do, but I will not be giving Rylee anything with alcohol in it until shes 21, I just thought it was interesting because my grandmother said thats what she has done.... but then again shes a "grandmother" and when she was growing up it was ok to drink and smoke while being pregnant.

So yeah....

I was just curious if anyone else had heard of it or had done it.

I was allowed a babycham when I was younger :mrgreen: hehe @ 21

:D

baby babycham?

I'm not sure I know what that is HAHA

I'm not the brightest.
:fool:

HAHA

I never ever would do what they did back then, as they did all kind of things!

back then, they gave babies morphium for teething pain, back then they gave babies drops, which were called sth like "mother's dream", which contained alc to make baby sleep and surely they had a higher rate of cot death back then 'cos of all those things!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->