Old Wives' Tales Game

So, despite the overwhelming Old Wives' Tales that predicted a girl for me, and everybody (save for one) guessing girl, we are officially team :blue:.

Yay Mamabee! Everyone thinks girl for me too… but we will see!

If the baby’s heart rate is above 140 bpm, it is said that the baby will be a girl. If it is under 140 bpm, then it will be a boy. - Heart rate is 164bpm on home doppler so :pink:

Old Wives Tale #2: Shape of Belly

If you are carrying high, you are having a girl. If you are carrying low, it’s a boy. - Too early to tell, no bump!

Old Wives Tale #3: Ring Test

Using a string, hang your wedding ring over your pregnant belly. You are having a girl if the ring swings back and forth and it’s a boy if it swings in a circle. - Don't have a ring to do this with

Old Wives Tale #4: Shape of Mom’s Face

When your face gets fuller and rounder when pregnant, it means you’re going to have a girl. If your face is long and narrow, it’s a boy. - Face hasn't changed I don't think so :blue:

Old Wives Tale #5: Key Test
This test involves a key. If you pick up a key at the top (the roundest part), you are going to have a boy. If you pick up the key at the bottom (smallest part), you are going to have a girl. - Long thin part so :pink:

Old Wives Tale #6: Mayan Tale

The Mayan tale adds the mothers age at conception and the year of conception. If the result is a even number then mom is having a girl. If the result is an odd number then a boy is on the way! - 2036 so :pink:

Old Wives Tale #7: Baking Soda Test

Add baking soda to a cup of your urine. If no reaction, it’s a girl. If it fizzes, it’s a boy. - no reaction so :pink:

Old Wives Tale #8: Acne

If you have acne while pregnant, it’s a girl. It’s thought that acne during pregnancy is caused by the extra hormones. - I have had more breakouts than before pregnancy so :pink:

Old Wives Tale #9: Cravings

People believe that if you are craving salty foods while pregnant, you can count on having a boy. If you crave sweets, fruit, and orange juice, you are having a little girl. - Sweet and fruit here, drinking orange juice by gallon so :pink:

Old Wives Tale #10: Smell of Garlic

If a pregnant woman eats a clove of garlic and the smell does not come out of her pores, it’s a girl. If the smell seeps out of her pores, it’s a boy. - not attempting this lol

Old Wives Tale #11: Skin under Left Eye

The eye test is when a “V” or “branches” appear when you pull down the skin under your left eye. If you see a “V” or “branches” in the white part, you’re having a girl. - It is in left eye so :pink:

Old Wives Tale #12: Time of Conception

The person that is most aggressive in bed at the time of conception is the opposite of what the baby will be. - OH was in control lol so :pink:

Old Wives Tale #13: Legs

If your legs get really big, you’re having a boy. If your legs stay in shape and lean, it’s a girl. - Legs haven't changed so :pink:

Old Wives Tale #14: Moodiness and a Little Pecker

If you are really moody, you are having a girl since you have another extra girl hormones in you. Your pregnancy will make you smile and be more happy if you are having a boy because there’s a little penis inside you. Not sure how true this is, but it sure does make me laugh! - Have been very moody this pregnancy so :pink:

Old Wives Tale #15: Bread

If you eat the ends of bread, it’s a boy. If you eat the middle of the loaf, it’s a girl. - I don't eat the ends so :pink:

Old Wives Tale #16: Mom’s Beauty

Basically you are having a girl if your beauty disappears during pregnancy. It is said that the girl “steals” the mother’s beauty. If you think that pregnancy has never made you look more beautiful, you might just be having a little boy. - I look like crap so :pink:

Old Wives Tale #17: Dream of Sex of Baby

If you have dreams that you are having a boy, you will have a girl. If you dream about having a girl, it will be a boy. Dreams show the opposite of what you are having. - no dreams thus far

Old Wives Tale #18: Clumsy vs. Graceful

If the pregnant woman is graceful throughout her pregnancy, she’s having a girl. If she becomes clumsy, she’s having a boy. - no clumsiness so :pink:

Old Wives Tale #19: Side You Most Rest On

If a pregnant woman prefers to lay on her left side, she’s having a boy. If she prefers resting on her right side, she’s having a girl. - right side so :pink:

Old Wives Tale #20: Hands

When the pregnant woman is asked to show her hands, it’s a boy if she keeps her palms down and a girl if she shows her palms up. - not sure how i would react if i was asked this by someone but i think i would show palms down so :blue:

Old Wives Tale #21: Breast Test

If a pregnant woman’s left breast is larger than the right breast, she’s having a girl. If the right breast is larger, it’s a boy. - left is larger so :pink:

Old Wives Tale #22: Necklace Over Hand

Have someone hold a necklace over your hand. If the necklace swings back and forth, it’s a boy. If it moves in a circle, it’s a girl. - don't have a necklace to hand to try

Old Wives Tale #23: Morning Sickness

If you had a smooth pregnancy with no morning sickness, it’s a boy. If you were sick or felt really nauseous during your pregnancy, count on a girl. - horrible MS and nausea so :pink:

Old Wives Tale #24: Areolae

If your areolae (the part around your nips) have darkened, it’s a boy. - have darkened a little so :blue:

Old Wives Tale #25: Feet

Are your feet colder now that you are pregnant? If so, you just might be having a boy. If your feet have stayed the same before pregnancy and during, you’re having a little girl. - feet feel a little cold but not sure if colder than before pregnancy but will say :blue:

Old Wives Tale #26: Hair on Legs

If the hair on your legs has been growing at record speeds, you might be having a boy. - no change in speed so :pink:

Old Wives Tale #27: Hands are Dry

If your hands are constantly dry, it’s a boy. - hands aren't dry so :pink:

Old Wives Tale #28: Urine

What color is your pee? If it is bright yellow, you will have a little boy. If your urine is a dull yellow, plan on a girl. - dull yellow so :pink:

Old Wives Tale #29: Nose

Do you feel like your nose is growing and getting wider? If so, you might be having a boy. - no nose change :pink:

Old Wives Tale #30: Headaches

If you are having headaches, you might be carrying a boy. - no headaches so :pink:

I got this idea from a similar post on here and the list of wives' tales comes from the following website:

https://www.hisboyscanswim.com/658/list-of-51-pregnancy-old-wives-tales-your-babys-sex-revealed[/QUOTE]

so for me that's 21 :pink: and 4 :blue:...majority being :pink: for me

I got 12 :blue: and 13 :pink: and 5 inconclusive... so I guess that means we're predicted a girl :)

Pretty close really, we plan to stay :yellow:

I'm going to answer these and include the answers from my last pregnancy (BOY) to see the difference. I'd love some opinions and when I find out the sex I'll update.

Old Wives Tale #1: Heart Rate

Girl. but DS had the exact same heart rate as this one

Girl. High and showing very early, with DS I was very low and barely showed until 30 weeks

Old Wives Tale #7: Baking Soda test.
Girl. Didn't do this with DS

Girl. No acne with DS.

Old Wives Tale #9: Cravings.
Girl. I most only want fruit with DS I really didn't have any cravings.

Girl. I think with DS it would be boy because we were trying so I knew it needed to happen that day lol .

Definitely girl. I have very even moods with DS.

Girl? I'm not exactly glowing but I wasn't with DS either, I think it is worse this time.

This is tricky because I was very very sick with DS. I threw up 5 or 6 times a day for the first 3 months but I felt ok in between throwing up. This time I never threw up but I was nauseous constantly. I never felt good and still sometimes don't.

Girl. They got darker with DS.

Boy. But with DS I didn't have them nearly as bad or as often as this time.

Wow I didn't realize there would be so many girls. I only abated the ones I knew off the top of my head.

Thought i'd update as had my gender scan on Saturday

My results were mostly team :pink: and only a couple team :blue:

Gender scan said we are team :pink: so most were right for me

:blue: boy-7 :pink: girl-18 :yellow: neutral-3

I go for the gender scan on 4/2 and our reveal is on 4/4!

Sorry mamabee I never updated on here. Im having a baby girl

Old Wives Tale #1: Heart Rate

If the baby’s heart rate is above 140 bpm, it is said that the baby will be a girl. If it is under 140 bpm, then it will be a boy. :pink:

If you are carrying high, you are having a girl. If you are carrying low, it’s a boy. *too early, will update*

Old Wives Tale #3: Ring Test

Using a string, hang your wedding ring over your pregnant belly. You are having a girl if the ring swings back and forth and it’s a boy if it swings in a circle. :blue:

Old Wives Tale #4: Shape of Mom’s Face

When your face gets fuller and rounder when pregnant, it means you’re going to have a girl. If your face is long and narrow, it’s a boy. :blue:

Old Wives Tale #5: Key Test
This test involves a key. If you pick up a key at the top (the roundest part), you are going to have a boy. If you pick up the key at the bottom (smallest part), you are going to have a girl. :pink:

Old Wives Tale #6: Mayan Tale

The Mayan tale adds the mothers age at conception and the year of conception. If the result is a even number then mom is having a girl. If the result is an odd number then a boy is on the way! :blue:

Old Wives Tale #7: Baking Soda Test

Add baking soda to a cup of your urine. If no reaction, it’s a girl. If it fizzes, it’s a boy. :blue:

If you have acne while pregnant, it’s a girl. It’s thought that acne during pregnancy is caused by the extra hormones. :blue:

Old Wives Tale #9: Cravings

People believe that if you are craving salty foods while pregnant, you can count on having a boy. If you crave sweets, fruit, and orange juice, you are having a little girl. :pink:

Old Wives Tale #10: Smell of Garlic

If a pregnant woman eats a clove of garlic and the smell does not come out of her pores, it’s a girl. If the smell seeps out of her pores, it’s a boy.
*hate garlic so I won't be trying this one*

Old Wives Tale #11: Skin under Left Eye

The eye test is when a “V” or “branches” appear when you pull down the skin under your left eye. If you see a “V” or “branches” in the white part, you’re having a girl. :blue:

The person that is most aggressive in bed at the time of conception is the opposite of what the baby will be. :blue:

Old Wives Tale #13: Legs

If your legs get really big, you’re having a boy. If your legs stay in shape and lean, it’s a girl. :blue:

If you are really moody, you are having a girl since you have another extra girl hormones in you. Your pregnancy will make you smile and be more happy if you are having a boy because there’s a little penis inside you. Not sure how true this is, but it sure does make me laugh!:pink:

Old Wives Tale #15: Bread

If you eat the ends of bread, it’s a boy. If you eat the middle of the loaf, it’s a girl. :blue:

Basically you are having a girl if your beauty disappears during pregnancy. It is said that the girl “steals” the mother’s beauty. If you think that pregnancy has never made you look more beautiful, you might just be having a little boy. :blue:

Old Wives Tale #17: Dream of Sex of Baby

If you have dreams that you are having a boy, you will have a girl. If you dream about having a girl, it will be a boy. Dreams show the opposite of what you are having. :pink:

Old Wives Tale #18: Clumsy vs. Graceful

If the pregnant woman is graceful throughout her pregnancy, she’s having a girl. If she becomes clumsy, she’s having a boy. :blue:

Old Wives Tale #19: Side You Most Rest On

If a pregnant woman prefers to lay on her left side, she’s having a boy. If she prefers resting on her right side, she’s having a girl.:blue:

Old Wives Tale #20: Hands

When the pregnant woman is asked to show her hands, it’s a boy if she keeps her palms down and a girl if she shows her palms up. :blue:

Old Wives Tale #21: Breast Test

If a pregnant woman’s left breast is larger than the right breast, she’s having a girl. If the right breast is larger, it’s a boy. :pink:

Old Wives Tale #22: Necklace Over Hand

Have someone hold a necklace over your hand. If the necklace swings back and forth, it’s a boy. If it moves in a circle, it’s a girl. :blue:

If you had a smooth pregnancy with no morning sickness, it’s a boy. If you were sick or felt really nauseous during your pregnancy, count on a girl. :blue:

If your areolae (the part around your nips) have darkened, it’s a boy. :pink:

Old Wives Tale #25: Feet

Are your feet colder now that you are pregnant? If so, you just might be having a boy. If your feet have stayed the same before pregnancy and during, you’re having a little girl. :blue:

Old Wives Tale #26: Hair on Legs

If the hair on your legs has been growing at record speeds, you might be having a boy. :pink:

Old Wives Tale #27: Hands are Dry

If your hands are constantly dry, it’s a boy. :blue:

Old Wives Tale #28: Urine

What color is your pee? If it is bright yellow, you will have a little boy. If your urine is a dull yellow, plan on a girl. :blue:

Old Wives Tale #29: Nose

Do you feel like your nose is growing and getting wider? If so, you might be having a boy. :pink:

If you are having headaches, you might be carrying a boy. :blue:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"