Old Wives Tales

WackyMumof2

Reaction score
They couldn't really be sure at my 20 week scan about the sex but suspect boy. I have a growth scan in a couple of weeks so we have opted to stay team yellow because we won't believe anything they say so I've been doing all these Old Wives Tales. I know it won't confirm anything but other than the fact that it's fun to test these theories out, it's kind of killing me not knowing - but I don't want to know until baby is born. :rofl: Given both hubby and I want a little girl, I think this is grasping at straws and am certain delivery day we will indeed have a 4th boy. :haha: It's hard to think different when all the Old Wives Tales point to the same thing but I also know there is no truth in it.

To date, we have looked at both the Chinese and Mayan calander, pee test with baking soda, ring test, the way I'm carrying and the acne breakouts (I personally think that those ones are bullshit) and my 12 week scan. All have said girl. Ramzi Theory said girl too. :shrug: Honestly, I have no frickin idea but it's doing me head in! :haha: Any one else tried all these? Did you give up and give in to finding out the test or where they all right/wrong? Love to hear what others did. :)

everything pointed to girl with my last. Even nub was girly.
He's all boy.

My heart wants a girl, I am expecting a boy. I guess we will find out in a matter of weeks.

Not sure which ones applied to me really as we just had a little girl this week (total surprise). This pregnancy was the one I carried more like a boy, ate a good range of savoury instead of just sweet with the boys, wasnt sick just felt it etc..
the girl old wives tales were - slow leg hair growth, skin pigmentation and sneezing/rhititis spring to mind! Never had those with the boys.
My scans gave nothing away either but did get more girl guesses than boy 👍🏻

Not sure which ones applied to me really as we just had a little girl this week (total surprise). This pregnancy was the one I carried more like a boy, ate a good range of savoury instead of just sweet with the boys, wasnt sick just felt it etc..
the girl old wives tales were - slow leg hair growth, skin pigmentation and sneezing/rhititis spring to mind! Never had those with the boys.
My scans gave nothing away either but did get more girl guesses than boy 👍🏻

Congratulations on your little lady! :happydance:

We would LOVE a little girl but we have a healthy baby. I guess in some ways we are lucky that they can't tell for sure even though they are leaning towards boy. My 12 week they were saying things were looking decidedly girly so I don't know if she saw the nub before she showed me a potty shot or not. But this is most likely our last baby and baby is loved regardless. :) Be interesting to see at birth if there is any truth in the tales or not for us. :haha:

I do not. Every single wive's tale said girl. Online gender predictions including Ramzi said girl. I swayed for a girl. I did not conceive a girl. I don't believe anything anymore!

I don't believe in pretty much any of them! I know loads of people who've thought one thing due to all the signs/tests and had another. I think once you actually think about things scientifically you can cut out the vast majority of them, as they pretty much make no sense! Like to me there is no reason at all why expecting a female foetus would make you crave sweet stuff if you see what I mean?!
Tbh I've been told girl at a few scans now and I still feel like you only REALLY find out for sure at birth haha.

I don't believe in pretty much any of them! I know loads of people who've thought one thing due to all the signs/tests and had another. I think once you actually think about things scientifically you can cut out the vast majority of them, as they pretty much make no sense! Like to me there is no reason at all why expecting a female foetus would make you crave sweet stuff if you see what I mean?!
Tbh I've been told girl at a few scans now and I still feel like you only REALLY find out for sure at birth haha.

I'm not a believer in the tales either but I guess we will find out. :haha: And in saying that, I probably won't believe them anyhow - if we're supposed to have a girl, that's what we will get.

I don't know so much about the diet thing. See, I thought the same thing too but it seems there IS some evidence to back the claim up. Our diets seem to affect the acidity levels in our vaginas so there is growing suspicion that this also helps in determining the sex of a baby. Friend found it. But, in saying that, because I'm pre-disposed to having boys, diet alone is probably not going to change that if we did go for a 5th round and it's safest to expect a 5th boy. I guess we could do Gender Selection but that goes against everything I believe in. If you are doing it because of a high risk of genetic issues in a fetus, then maybe but not for your own preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->