Older Ladies TTC - Please be my friends....

Well- my husband works out of town, so this weekend is one of only 2 shots I get this month at getting pregnant. Wish me luck!!!

Good Luck Good Luck Good Luck!!! Get him good! :thumbup:

Well- my husband works out of town, so this weekend is one of only 2 shots I get this month at getting pregnant. Wish me luck!!!

The good thing is they say it only takes one time so lets hope you catch it.

As long as he behaves and doesn't start this "maybe you should get on the pill for a while" bit....I swear I will kill him

As long as he behaves and doesn't start this "maybe you should get on the pill for a while" bit....I swear I will kill him

The thought of a baby just scares the crap outta some men, doesnt it? My DH is the same way! I've been after him wanting to have a baby for about 4 years now! He finally caved in April and was willing for me to go off the pill...but not willing to say out loud "we are trying" to me..haha :haha:
Men!:dohh:

It's crazy with my husband...he was the one all gung ho for me to get pregnant and once I did he was ecstatic. Well now that I have lost the baby it's like he is trying to change his mind on me. It's too late for that- I have baby fever big time!! And it's not like I have 10 more years I can wait to try ya know?? He already has one child from a previous marriage, but this will be my first!

The thought of a baby just scares the crap outta some men, doesnt it? My DH is the same way! I've been after him wanting to have a baby for about 4 years now! He finally caved in April and was willing for me to go off the pill...but not willing to say out loud "we are trying" to me..haha :haha:
Men!:dohh:

I was just about to say the same thing! On my end, not sure if it is the pressure of my Veronica Salt "I want it NOW," or the occasional freak out that the end result means more responsibility and growing up on his part. (As I type this, he's playing Xbox and talking about motorcycles and corn being the "magical vegetable"--don't ask. He's 42.) Majority of the time, my OH says he would be happy if it happened, but then again, he's never actually said, "Oooh! Let me analyze your chart, baby," either! On the other hand, I am hardcore, balls-to-the-wall TTC!! You know how there's an "it toy" every year at Christmas, and you see the news bits with all of the rabid, crazy-eyed women trying to score one of them for their kid? I'm pretty sure that's how I was looking at OH's sperm from his perspective.

Anyway, I finally just kind of dropped the subject with him (no more asking him if my OPK lines match up!), and focused more on keeping everything relaxed and natural and tried treating him like a sex object again. Don't get me wrong, I'm still like Courtney Love turned loose in a DEA evidence locker with this ttc stuff....just not out loud. :wacko: AF is supposed to be here tomorrow, and I've already put on my google calendar the days I have to definitely keep from griping about anything and remember to show him I appreciate him for this next cycle (hey, it's really hard to do sometimes when you own a biz together- especially when he's not pulling his weight!), plus a few the week before I ov for good measure. I have no shame! :blush: Hey, who knows, we're basically around each other 24/7, so maybe this will put a little oomph back into our relationship.

Amos, are you charting? Will he be back during ov time?

xx Chris

You are crazy Chris and I love it! No, I am not charting or anything. I haven't even had AF come to visit since my D&C, but I am not going to let that stop me. I figured it would be kinda pointless to chart when we can ONLY have sex when we are in the same town so that will be our only shot :)
I am definitely not going to tell him I am having baby fever, I will only treat him like the piece of meat he is....(kidding- sorta) :haha:

Hey ladies! can I join you? I am 32, dh is 33, we are ttc our first together, my first - he has 2 from previous marriage. Been ttc since 1st jan xx

You are crazy Chris and I love it! No, I am not charting or anything. I haven't even had AF come to visit since my D&C, but I am not going to let that stop me. I figured it would be kinda pointless to chart when we can ONLY have sex when we are in the same town so that will be our only shot :)
I am definitely not going to tell him I am having baby fever, I will only treat him like the piece of meat he is....(kidding- sorta) :haha:

'Atta girl!! :wohoo:

Bless your heart, you are such a strong woman! :hugs:

Is this an ongoing thing with work, or just temporary?

Hello Ladies

Sorry - we were supposed to go camping this weekend, then hubby put his back out so no camping for us. Soooooo I've spent the weekend nursing him and trying to console my 4yr old who was really looking forward to camping - so to take her mind off it, we've been to the beach, the cinema, the shops, the park, even McDonalds...lol - she feels better about it all now - and I'm knackered...lol

Chris - loving the Courtney Love analogy - and its soooo good to hear that I am not the only baby obsessed lady on here - all the while trying to play it cool with hubby and make him believe that at certain times of the month I just cant help but think he is a sex god - lol

Amos - you go get that hubby hun

Mork - great to see you hon - come on in - heres to a very swift BFP for you honey

L xxxx

Chris- not sure about his work thing. I believe it is permanent because Atlanta is really where he wants to be, so.....So this is yet ANOTHER thing going on in my head. It's a wonder I am not in the looney bin...(I guess there's still time)

Sparkles- sorry about the camping trip...now your husband owes you lots and lots of sex to make up for it!! (But only on those important ovulation days) :)

Awwww, Sweetness!!! You've got a CRAZY amount of emotionally draining stuff going on right now, don't you? I think you most definitely need to treat yourself to a spa treatment/ day/ weekend. Pamper yourself!!

At the very least, I find that single, childless girlfriends with lots of problems are the best to go have a glass of wine or two with during times like these. We always end up talking about their problems the whole time, which lets me forget about my own for a few hours!! :winkwink:

Awww hugs to all. I am definitely obsessed too! your not alone... My clock is more like a bomb lol

Amos, I wanted to try before my AF came but I made the mistake in telling DP everything the doctor said and he wanted to wait till AF came and went lol....

My DP is worried I wont want to go back to work once we have a lil one lol He went and got another artist for the shop the other day. I told him we can't think of me not working with the way the economy is nowadays.

Sparkle, so sorry you couldn't go hun. Smart thinking on the alternative for the lil one. We're supposed to go to Mexico this weekend but not so sure we can go now. I'll find out by Thursday if we can go or not... I just know the next few days I'm gluing DP to the bed lol

Well ladies, the kiddies have had control of the computer most of the day. I've just gone back to read everyone's posts...Chris, have you ever thought of taking your humor on the road? haha! :haha: Very funny girl!

Just wanted to say Im so glad to hear I am not crazy after all. I have been trying to act all sly and "relaxed" around the DH. And there are only 2 or 3 people close to me who even know Im off the pill. But SECRETLY Im thinking of a baby 24/7...I go from sad that this wasnt my cycle, to glad this wasnt my cycle (the 4 kids I already have contribute to that emotion once in a while), to planning to seduce the hubby, all the while trying to keep a calm, innocent look on my face! :haha: My emotions have been way up and way down!

But it makes me smile really big to get on here and read the entries of other ladies feeling the same things as me. Its crazy, when I was younger and having kids I NEVER thought about it like I do now. It happened so easily for me then, it wasnt an issue...aaahhh, those were the days! I had no idea how lucky I was then!

I am bound and determined to do it again though! Hope you all had a great day and tomorrow is even better! I gotta head to work by 6:30 am tomorrow (yay...) but I've been sneaking online at work! The DH will love it if I get fired for being on BNB all darn day! :happydance:

Baby dust to all!
XOXO
Airley (Mama4)

Hello ladies

having computer problems atm.......only have a laptop and the screen seems to be going so I am having to type one handed holding the screen with the other!!!!

Well had positive OPK yesterday......but OH was away last night:growlmad:

He is home this evening.:happydance:.......EWCM double :happydance:

Might be your night Jaccib!!! Get on him like white on rice!! :haha:

At the same time i am in work all day every day and logged on here for most of it - constantly thinking "is this my month?" "this HAS to be my month" i dont know how ive not been sacked for doing NO work!! xxx
JasmineT
Yep! I've thought that too - our IT dept guys are probably wondering what the hell BabyandBump is and why Im lookin at it all day! I feel certain it wont take that long before it mysteriously becomes unavailable to me at work! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->